What good does it do to fire a coach now?

mayonaise

I agree....bad on florida's part to fire a coach with games left....players will have no motivation, that includes the coach as well, to win a game.

If I was Zook I'd just leave & not coach another game at UF.

115192[/snapback]

A coach is supposed to care about his players, first and foremost. You have to respect Zook for not abandoning his team in the middle of the year. Being fired is the nature of the beast. If you are losing then you can not be surprised if you are let go,you know that when you sign a multi-milllion dollar contract. I real man accepts his firing and does what is best for his TEAM.

I agree. Bad form.

As a coach though, Zook will be auditioning the rest of the year for his next job. He’ll do his best.

The players will rally around him this week. They might pull the upset to thumb it in Foley’s face.

I sure hope that UGA can pull off a rare win in Jax.

I think this week will be it for them though. The assistants will be out looking for jobs the rest of the season and UF will come apart.

Zook sucks as a coach, but I think it shows great character for him to stay. Compare that to Tot who would have been fired at the end of the season, so he bolted. That is why I hate him so much. No loyalty to his players.

I was never impressed with Zook. Of course he came into an almost no win situation. But since this is an AU board, I will say I'm not sad to see it happen. Hopefully we can pick off some of the UF prospects. We have a passing game now that should make potential WRs give us a serious look.

It's crap that they did it before THE biggest game of the season for UF. Poor taste and the players will be down a bit this week and that sucks for them cause I love seeing them beat UGAG every year.

I think it could potentially help in the hiring of a new coach. At the end of the year when other teams fire their coaches, Florida could be ready to hire a coach then and there. Other teams would probably still be working out contract info and stuff like that.

The only problem with that is the fact that the coaches Florida is going after, excluding Spurrier, are all presently coaching football. Those football coaches probably do not want to deal with the hassle during the season.

Did Tator Tot abandon ship or was he run off during the middle of the season. I am having trouble remembering.

Did Tator Tot abandon ship or was he run off during the middle of the season. I am having trouble remembering.

115208[/snapback]

He said he knew that he would be fired at the end of the season, so he quit.

I think obviously it is so they can get right to work finding a new coach, and get as good a start as possible for recruting next year. I agree, I give Zook credit for staying, it will be interesting to see how his team reacts. I know when Dinardo gto fired from LSU, he was given the opportunity to stay for the last game and he crusied. LSU then came out the next week and put it on Arkie, made me wonder if the rumors we heard where true that basically those kids would not paly for him.

To sign the Ole Ball Coach before someone else does. Recruiting won't be hurt if they can announce SOS as HC in the next few days. SOS still has star power, recruits will throw themselves at UF doorstep, remember Rex Grossman???

Archived