according to espn, the evil genius is

tombigbeetiger

I'm watching ESPN as I type. Jim Donnan said his sources have told him that Spurrier is trying to assemble a coaching staff. UF has given him 24 hours to show an interest in the job. Donnan said that Spurrier was trying to get the previous DC from Nebraska, who now works for one of the Stoops boys. There is no link. This came from the TV.

Spurrier has not been hired, interviewed, or anything official, yet!!!

chill out tigerwalkin. ole miss footbal isnt too interesting and i dont thnk anyone is too worried about it. i think spurrier coming back to the sec pertains to auburn.

WE ARE 18 POINT FAVORITES FOR CRYING OUT LOUD

chill out tigerwalkin. ole miss footbal isnt too interesting and i dont thnk anyone is too worried about it. i think spurrier coming back to the sec pertains to auburn.

115245[/snapback]

GeeZ! :homer: I hope our boys aren't thinking like that...talk about recipe for disaster!! :hanged:

115245[/snapback]

GeeZ! :homer: I hope our boys aren't thinking like that...talk about recipe for disaster!! :hanged:

115251[/snapback]

hey i am just as worried about playing in oxford as the next guy but i still dont think ole miss football makes for very interesting conversation.

:au: I believe Florida was about a 2? point favorite in 2001 when we beat them, but don't worry about that it's not very interesting.  :au:

115256[/snapback]

ok tiger, bring up some interesting factoids about ole miss and we can discuss them.

You know, it is possible to think about and discuss more than one topic at a time.

115245[/snapback]

It will matter if they jump on us early and we have to squeak out a win or even lose. We don't need to worry about SS or UF. We need to worry about Ole Miss! We are not playing :uf: for the :sec: West Championship, we are playing :om: .

Don't get stuff stirred up. The last time SS was in the :sec: we took care of him, so I am not worried about him. :au:

I would love to play SOS again.

You have to play the best, to beat the best.

You have to beat the best , to Be the Best.

I have a great idea. Those who want to talk about Ole Miss and the ins and outs of our upcoming game, knock yourselves out. Those who want to discuss the Florida debacle and whether Spurrier is coming back, have at it. Those who want to speculate about the BCS, go nuts. Those who don't wish to discuss some or any of the above things, don't.

Amazing how simple things can be.

Every time someone on this board starts talking about any team of which we are not playing this weekend, someone steps up and yells 'take them one at a time'. Well, we as fans can talk about any game, any team, any year. I can comment on the UGA game, the UA game or even the SECCG game, and that doesn't affect the outcome of this week's game or the player's focus of this week's game. Know why, because not a one of us posters are suiting up and playing in the AU/UM game this weekend. And if the AU players are out on this board lurking and reading, and anything we say has any effect on how they play this weekend, then they probably weren't focused to begin with. I know we're playing Ole Miss this weekend. And I can't wait til 6:45 this saturday to watch the game. But if I mention UF, Spurrier, or any other topic concerning college football, it doesn't matter. I don't have to focus, the players do.

:au: WHO CARES, we play Ole Miss this weekend not Steve Spurrier.  :au:

115242[/snapback]

We as fans can talk about anything we want. After all, we're not the ones that are preparing to play Ole Miss, thank God.

If you don't care about the topic of a thread, don't respond to it....like Titan said.

But if I mention UF, Spurrier, or any other topic concerning college football, it doesn't matter.  I don't have to focus, the players do.

I agree. "WE" ain't playing on the field, the players are. And all of you out there who have to have that rubberband on your hand to remind you to think of Ole Miss and only Ole Miss every three seconds, leave the rest of us out of it. We have the ability to discuss one subject while keeping the other in mind.

Now, as said before, I like the thought of Spurrier coming back. That way when we beat them, the whole nation will give us credit.

If Spurrier comes back, it can only help strengthen the SEC hold as the best and toughest conference in the nation. What other conference can boast of 4, 5 or 6 and oft times 7 powerful teams. We just need to get that school over in west AL to start pulling their weight. (just kidding, bammers)

Forget it. Terry Bowden is already in Gainesville and set to sign the contract and hold a press conference. They just can't locate a podium short enough for him to speak from.

Film at 11:00

Good job, Carolina. Guess we'll have to reference this week's game in order to talk about anything else. And to add to your post, I think I saw a graphic on ESPN today where Zook was 0-3 against MSU/OM. Spurrier was 2-6. Can't understand how the Missippissi team's can have that type of advantage over UF.

Good job, Carolina.  Guess we'll have to reference this week's game in order to talk about anything else.  And to add to your post, I think I saw a graphic on ESPN today where Zook was 0-3 against MSU/OM.  Spurrier was 2-6.  Can't understand how the Missippissi team's can have that type of advantage over UF.

115337[/snapback]

Yeah and as soon as you find UF an answer to their MSU problem, look around and see if you can figure out why Arky gives AU a hard time. Some teams just give other teams fits.

Archived