Message from the north!!!

grnbaytiger

:au: I have been on this board for a while (as a quiet reader :D ) and love the forum. But I do think that we are getting a bit ahead of ourselves (I did say A BIT). We have 3 tough games out there and I dont feel like we as :au: fans can feel comfortable at all. The reason I say this is because the only ones who have seen an :au: team go undefeated were at J-HS in 93. I will say that this team looks very similar in thier resolve to go out and get the job done. We must as fans read the papers, web-sites ect... this I know. I just hope these kids and I do mean KIDS dont get caught up in the hype factory that is starting. We CAN do this I know it we must stay focused on the task at hand BEATING :om: . But enough of my sane side I just want to beat the s@#$@# out of :om: and treat them to the butt kicking we gave :arky: , :msu: , :ut: , :uk: .... One game at a time, one play at a time, one heartbeat that is the key for fans and players alike. WWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR Damn Eagle lets kick the rebs AAAAAAAAAAAAA................

Just to finish your post, you left out one icon of a team we beat. IMO, this was the one that put our season into high gear.

:lsu:

I was there, and couldn't talk for a week after the game from screaming on the last TD.

WAR EAGLE!!!!!

:au: I have been on this board for a while (as a quiet reader :D ) and love the forum. But I do think that we are getting a bit ahead of ourselves (I did say A BIT). We have 3 tough games out there and I dont feel like we as  :au: fans can feel comfortable at all. The reason I say this is because the only ones who have seen an  :au:   team go undefeated were at J-HS in 93. I will say that this team looks very similar in thier resolve to go out and get the job done. We must as fans read the papers, web-sites ect... this I know. I just hope these kids and I do mean KIDS dont get caught up in the hype factory that is starting. We CAN do this I know it we must stay focused on the task at hand BEATING  :om: . But enough of my sane side I just want to beat the s@#$@# out of  :om: and treat them to the butt kicking we gave :arky: , :msu: , :ut: , :uk: .... One game at a time, one play at a time, one heartbeat that is the key for fans and players alike. WWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR Damn Eagle lets kick the rebs AAAAAAAAAAAAA................

115336[/snapback]

Welcome, grnbaytiger! You ain't kidding you're in the north. Snowing up there yet? What's the buzz on what the U Wisconsin team thinks of the BCS rankings? Better yet, I'll bet all the talk up there is how they're in agreement that uat has the best defense in the country. ( :lol: ) Am I right?

Thank You. Well the UW nation is about 50/50 right now half think they belong the other think they need to play some real teams first ( Purdue not included). I personaly think that UW has had a soft schedule and that inpart leads to that good D. I actualy dont pay attention to Bama games so I cant speak to their D. I really do miss the south though because I thought I did see snow today but it was just sleet, at 39 degrees thats what you get this time of year. The only disclaimer I will put on my posts is that if you are a English Prof. please do not pay attention to my gramar or spelling. I cant wait for Saturday I want to beat the piss out of :om:

WDE!!!!!! :au::au::au:

It's a quiet confidence I have for this team. What is so amazing is how much like the '93 team this one is in one regard. A new offense that everyone has come to love and some how everything falls into place. Knowing how this team came up short in the :om: game last year has to make me believe that they'll be out for blood come Saturday. I think these guys are playing w/ a bit ( but not too much ) of a chip on their shoulder and aren't gonna over look ANYONE. Well, kinda hard to do that now, with only 3 games left, but still. It's Ole Miss for 4 more days, THEN they can think about the rest of the season as they mend over the off week. WDE!

Just to finish your post, you left out one icon of a team we beat.  IMO, this was the one that put our season into high gear.

:lsu:

I was there, and couldn't talk for a week after the game from screaming on the last TD.

WAR EAGLE!!!!!

115339[/snapback]

You are not joking I couldnt talk for a week easy either, but man was it worth it.

As far as looking ahead........... I say do it. the reasoon we are fans is the dream of glory. All this "one game at a time" crap is bull. That is the attitude the team should have not the fans.. As an Auburn fan I am enjoying looking ahead. Have fun!!!! Seasons like this don't happen every year so when they do happen enjoy them. I swear man..................I bleed orange and blue but I get so sick and tired of fans that "look" for the fly in the ointment. If we lose we lose. We can't keep winning forever just ask Miami(loss to Ohio State in the MNC game a few years ago) So why not enjoy it while you can. Enjoy the spot light. WE as fans dont have to suit up so please don't ask ME to stay focused. I have I love Auburn and love this season. You know why????? Beacause I am having a lot of fun "looking ahead" and you should too.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

:au:

I have privately looked ahead in my own mind, but I have not verbalized it to anyone, and won't until after the SECCG.

On the job, I see dozens of fans from other SEC teams every day, and they all want to talk about a possible NC, and I just won't do it. The goal is the SEC championship, anything else is icing on the cake.

I understand your sentiments tkdpal, and you should flow with whatever makes you the most thrilled with the season.

I, for one, know that the good season we are having is all about me, so i'll continue to wear the same threadbare sweatshirt and smelly cap that have gotten us this far, and continue to take them ONE GAME AT A TIME. ;)

Yo' , Jaydubb, You wife called and wanted me to ask if you could please do something about the smell of that cap!...Maybe some Lysol? :big:

I doubt that. The last time she complained about it I threw the once-orange cap into the washer with her load of white clothes. Never had any complaints after that.

You're absolutely right about looking ahead! Dare I say it, but we are ONE injury away from disaster at all times. Losing Ingle against UK had a visible effect on the performance and we have to be lucky the rest of the way to realize our dreams. Look what injuries have done to Bammer. Just a sober thought! WDE! <_<:au:

Archived