Ummmm.... Fire Jason Campbell.com

Eagle's Claw

I'm sorry that I have to bring this up for maybe the the 30th post.... BUT I may be justified now. JC is probably the most under SKILLED QB in the D1, not to say about the SEC.

But I've put that behind us at this point....

DID anyone think that JC could win a game on HIS shoulders??? of course not...

LSU, ONCE AGAIN, stacked the box... they were like, please, I dare you to beat us by the pass or please let this joke of a QB, embaerrass us.

Lets get down to business... WHY on EARTH! IS THIS GUY PLAYING FOR 3 YRS FOR A MAJOR D1 SCOOL!

This guy is one of the worst QB's in the D1.... BUT for whatever reason he still continues to play....

There is NO WAY we will be a NC contender until we have someone else playing at QB.... This is ridiculous, and I will continue to say this until we have someone that can play some real ball at the D1 level... Anyone can say what they want BUT JASON CAMPBELL SUCKS!!!!! PLEASE ASK YOURSELF TO BE BENCHED WHILE YOU'RE BEHIND!!!!!

GOD I AM SOOOOOOO FRUSTRATED WITH THE LACK OF TALENT AT THE QB.....

IN FACT please, fire TT..... And please hire me... it would be an EASY job. I would really fire JC... "THANKS FOR COMING OUT YOU SOOOOO UNDERACHEIVER"

What a joke man!!! 3 yrs of playing and I would take a true freshman's play of JC's....

It is ridiculous and what a waste of talent that this team would should could be with just an average talent at QB... No one will admit it that if you look at any weakness at our team through all our losses over the last not 1 but 3 yrs is our offense aka.... our QB situation... SO for anyone bitching about the recruitment about 10 QB's on scholly, I don't care!!!! Get someone in there who can complete a pass AND who can show some leadership! B/C JC DOES NOT HAVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I"M BALD NOW..... FROM looking at this joke!!!!!!!

Sorry, i don't put the blame for this on JC. Its not his fault. He's not the one calling a play for a receiver to run a 3 yard route for a pass completion. HE's not the one blocking up front. He's not the one dropping passes when they are actually thrown. I think the blaming of JC is very unfair to him. Criticize the entire package, not just one player....

JC does his best and plays his heart out for AU.

You are a totally classless ah for making a post like this. You are the one that sucks buddy!

Take a tranquilizer and chase it with a case of beer why don't you. Don't blame AU or JC for any of your shortcomings.

You can make your point without being such a rude, crude imbecile.

Jason Campbell is a great qb for the system that AU runs. The offense is set up to pass off the run. You can't change a coaching style during one game. If AU were able to run like they have been(in recent games) tonight, you would not have anything bad to say about Campbell. He doesn't have 21-35 for 350 ypg stats. He has 11-18 for 189 ypg stats. I don't think Campbell is the one you should be mad at, just as I don't think Campbell should be expected to win this game. Just my opinion.

JC is not a drop back passer who can read coverages. JC is not a speed quarterback who can threaten you with his legs. I don't know whether he should shoulder all the blame for our Flinstones offense - but he's makes the top 5. But hey, since in college football all you have to do is get great running backs and run between the tackles - even against very good defenses - what do we have to worry about? :blink:

But we'll break all kinds of records against crappy teams.

Jason Campbell is a great qb for the system that AU runs. The offense is set up to pass off the run. You can't change a coaching style during one game. If AU were able to run like they have been(in recent games) tonight, you would not have anything bad to say about Campbell. He doesn't have 21-35 for 350 ypg stats. He has 11-18 for 189 ypg stats. I don't think Campbell is the one you should be mad at, just as I don't think Campbell should be expected to win this game. Just my opinion.

tidefan, I agree. The problem i have is not with campbell, its with our offensive play calling. The whole idea of the pass is to open up the running game. You can not open up the running game by throwing passes of 3-5 yards. It just doesn't work. In order to open up the running game with the pass, you have got to throw the ball down the field....15-20 yard (or more) passes....

Excellent points tf24. I was frustrated when tubby said we wouldn't change our gameplan before halftime, because we are not a pass first offense.

The fact is that with our current offense, if someone stops our run we are in big a$$ trouble. I am just frustrated that we have developed an offense that can't have a plan b.

Well, we all know I have never been a big JC fan and when he had those good games against bad teams, a few people tried to tell the "JC bashers" that we should eat crow. Well, again the rushing game was shut down and when that happens, that means JC gets scared and...well we all know what happens then. He has never consistently lead the time when he was needed. In three years, he has did this maybe two or three times and that is it. A QB is the leader and JC is not a leader when it is needed. The RBs carried the team during our little streak, but when they could not get it done, JC needs to step up. It does not help JC when WRs are dropping some crucial passes also, but JC does not help himself either. Before the season started, and all the NC hype was going on, I pointed out the two things that would keep that from happening; CTT's gambling/playcalling and the weakness at our QB position. I got slammed for it, but like you said, JC would not start at alot of other DIV-1 programs, but yet CTT seems determined to make him "the man". You are right that JC did not cost us the game, but he sure did not win it for us either. The whole team and coaching staff did not prepare for this game and had their heads elsewhere.

Tiger88, you are right that JC plays his heart out and nobody is denying that. However, playing with heart does not win games unless you can execute. The thread could have been worded better, but we are all frustrated that JC seems to not be able to take control of the offense when needed. You can try all the plays you want, but if your QB gets "shellshocked" as quickly as JC seems to do when we get down, then it really does not matter what you call. If the OL is not blocking, then as the QB, he needs to be in their face, but you never see him do that. That is called being a leader.

I can't lie ranger I am a little down on the guy myself. Not as a person of course, but just as a clutch qb. He's a great kid, but I feel as though next year maybe we should give someone a try if they prove themselves. Maybe not though. Lets just see how the season finishes first.

I can't lie ranger I am a little down on the guy myself. Not as a person of course, but just as a clutch qb. He's a great kid, but I feel as though next year maybe we should give someone a try if they prove themselves. Maybe not though. Lets just see how the season finishes first.

I think most fans agree with you on that. I think that sometimes we do forget that they are just kids and we have to be able to seperate the player from the person. Anybody that equals a kids personality to how he performs on the field needs to get a grip on reality. There have been way too many good college football players that turned out to be sorry people.

The "classless" tag is a little over the top IMO. What's up with attacking a fellow AU poster for voicing and obvious point of frustration? My goodness, JC is not getting it done. He's the one calling the audibles.

I'm all for protecting an AU player from unfounded criticism but it's not unfounded in this case. It's about what is best for the team... not what is best for JC.

Actually, I think the "classless" tag does fit. What would Eagle's Claw say if JC asked to come out of the game, as he suggests?

Apparently the coaches think JC is the best we have. I personally don't see how you can blame much of today's loss on JC. We got outplayed in all facets and got outcoached. Don't blame it on any one player, even the QB.

Lord no Dr. Tom... the leader takes the blame (or should).

My point is that when a fellow fan is frustrated, take it for what it's worth. Just a moment of frustration. Not all of us are composed to the point of mindful posts when we lose like this. I don't think one post makes you "classless".

Actually, I think the "classless" tag does fit.  What would Eagle's Claw say if JC asked to come out of the game, as he suggests? 

Apparently the coaches think JC is the best we have.  I personally don't see how you can blame much of today's loss on JC.  We got outplayed in all facets and got outcoached.  Don't blame it on any one player, even the QB.

Even though I think that JC needs to step up as a leader and part of the loss can be blamed on him, just as it can on the OL, the coaches, TS, and the defense, I would suggest to the admins to delete this thread because the title does not really make a good impression on the board IMO.

The "classless" tag is a little over the top IMO. What's up with attacking a fellow AU poster for voicing and obvious point of frustration? My goodness, JC is not getting it done. He's the one calling the audibles.

I'm all for protecting an AU player from unfounded criticism but it's not unfounded in this case. It's about what is best for the team... not what is best for JC.

Well if you think it's over the top then I'm glad I really held my tongue on that one and didn't say what I was really thinking.

IMO he was way over the top not for voicing his displeasure with jc , but for how he did it. Yelling "JC SUCKS" and several of his comments was way out of line and totally classless in my opinion and showed a big lack of character in a moment of anger to me. Go back and carefully read his post again and if you still feel the way you do then we obviously won't agree on this one.

I think Just about every AU fan is disappointed in our qb play tonight. I've only seen one however, yelling rude comments about him. To me that is classless no ifs ands or buts. Do it at home or with your friends, not in a public forum. JMO.

Archived