Michigan - OSU game being sponsored?

AUHansel

Espn is reporting that the Michigan Ohio State rivalry game is now being sponsored by SBC for the next two years.

LINK

Yes they make half a mil, but I hope the UAT-AU game doesn't get this kind of crap. That is the thing I hate about bowl games now.

I don't know, I just think it cheapens the rivalry. Makes it commercial and soon enough they'll be naming college stadiums like the do for the pros. It's a slippery slope and I don't like it.

FOOTBALL IS A BUSINESS if  you hadn't fiqured it out already. It will get more commercialized from now on. Just accept it.

115412[/snapback]

yea but it could be a little more subtle. Putting some banners up is fine but when they get to the point of advertising on the field and naming the stadium im a little less inviting to the idea. They're are less and less ball parks and stadiums in the pros that aren't called by a company name. Just look at Enron park, I'd never want anything like that to happen. and by the way FOOTBALL IS A GAME!!!!!!!!!AND WILL ALWAYS BE A GAME. never forget that!!!!!! professional sports are business'

FOOTBALL IS A BUSINESS if  you hadn't fiqured it out already. It will get more commercialized from now on. Just accept it.

115412[/snapback]

yea but it could be a little more subtle. Putting some banners up is fine but when they get to the point of advertising on the field and naming the stadium im a little less inviting to the idea. They're are less and less ball parks and stadiums in the pros that aren't called by a company name. Just look at Enron park, I'd never want anything like that to happen. and by the way FOOTBALL IS A GAME!!!!!!!!!AND WILL ALWAYS BE A GAME. never forget that!!!!!! professional sports are business'

115417[/snapback]

Testify brother.

"The IRON BOWL- Brought to you by the friendly people at the Law Offices of ____"

:big::big::big::big::au:

but Wrigley is named after a past owner of the Cubs - who just happened to also own Wrigley Spearment . .etc. So I don't think that's a sponsorship as much as it is a name after thing . .

I could be wrong.

"The IRON BOWL- Brought to you by the friendly people at the Law Offices of ____"

:big:   :big:   :big:   :big:   :au:

115634[/snapback]

Dewey, Cheatem and Howe... if UAT gets the sponsor! :)

Archived