is anyone else worried about recruiting?

AUHansel

as of now we only have 7 commits and none are of 4* caliber (autigers.com), while other teams have several commits. I know that a lot wait till the end of the season, especially the highly recruited, but I thought we would have more at this point. I hope our AD thing doesn't mess this up.

AUTigers.com

We will be fine. The one thing CTT has done all along is recruit well. We are on some big names lists. Give it time.

We will be fine. The one thing CTT has done all along is recruit well. We are on some big names lists. Give it time.

115424[/snapback]

I just thought that after the season we've been having that we would have a couple more by now. I know he has done very good at recruiting and should continue to do well. I hope our season helps us out too.

We have one planning to commit this week and alot of 4 and 5 stars have us on the top of their list. a lot of the big name recruits want to make all of their visits to get in on all the free food and special treatment. i had a freind in high school who took three extra visits after he commited because he found out which schools hired strippers for recruits.

Jeremy Crabtree of rivals.com was on Finebaum today. He said that we have set ourselves up for a possible Top 5 or Top 10 class. He also said that we look really good on Jerrell Powe, their #2 player in the nation.

... i had a freind in high school who took three extra visits after he commited because he found out which schools hired strippers for recruits.

115430[/snapback]

:D:D

All right. Don't think for a moment you can post a line like that in throw-away fashion. Details. Which schools? We already know about Colorado.

also florida's situation should help us out. gabe mackenzie, alabama's #1 tight end and #2 overall player had us and florida as co-leaders and now says he doesnt know if he will even take his visit to florida. there are about 5 other players who had us and florida near the top of their lists and are now considering dropping florida.

One word......

OCTOBER!!!!!!

No need to get your panties in a wad.

115464[/snapback]

Hey, we're 8-0. We have to complain about something, right? :rolleyes::D

Yeah usually recruiting doesnt pick up until december/jan.

Virginia having 24 verbals (all 3 and 4 star guys) is an aberration.

Alabama has 17. But 3 of them are guys who prepschoolled. 2 others are jucos who originally signed with us.

Based on Tub's past I have to assume we will end up OK. The only worrisome thing to me is Tubs said in Huntsville last Summer that he hoped to have recruiting pretty well wrapped up before the season was over this year. If that happen's we have to get a lot of commitments in the next 3-4 weeks.

I dont know why he said that. Everyone knows the big hitters always verbal near signing day. They want to take all their officials. And usually they want to be THE guy visiting...that means you have to make your officials in the offseason when no other recruits are there. 5 of those takes a while.

Relax.

We are in the hunt for some of the best prep players in the SE. Not only Powe, but 5 other 5 stars. We're also the leader (IMO) for Tommy Trott (TE), and are in the running for 15 other 4 star kids. We'll be fine, I promise.

... i had a freind in high school who took three extra visits after he commited because he found out which schools hired strippers for recruits.

115430[/snapback]

:D:D

All right. Don't think for a moment you can post a line like that in throw-away fashion. Details. Which schools? We already know about Colorado.

115443[/snapback]

Duh..??

How quickly we forget. Does Tuscaloosa ring a bell? It did with the NCAA!

[Okay, BG & others: I know it wasn't "officially" the school that did it, just other players, but the NCAA still found it a violation.]

i'm never worried about tubby recruiting. he's fantastic in that department. also, i heard him say we're only going to bring in a class of about 20-21 guys. given that info, we're 1/3 of the way home already. we're in the lead or high on the list with a lot of heavy hitters (powe, billings, trott, mckenzie, mcfadden... cb that i hear we think is tops in the south). we're gonna be fine.

Archived