UT at SC

Auburnforever

What's everyones feel on this game? I think South Carolina is going to hand it to UT. I think the Freshman QB shows up again for Tennessee. I would almost predict a blowout but I'm afraid South Carolina's offense wouldn't have enough to actually blow them away. SC 23 UT 17

The reason I'm asking...Is if we aren't lucky enough to beat UGA in 3 weeks I sure as heck don't want to play them in the SECCG.

I'm sure Slink loves hearing this prediction.

I think UT will struggle like at Ole Miss, but will pull it out in the end. South Carolina is a terrible team this year. No offense to speak of. UT wins it by 4.

:au: I don't know, UT has yet to look good in any game they have played this year. They do just enough to get by, most of the time! I think UT wins another close one. :au:

UT 24

SC 17

I think UT will win by at least a touchdown, plus I would much rather us play them in the SECCG than UGAG. Not saying we couldn't beat them both times(we have to win the first one oboviously) but I just don't think UT has gotten any better they have just gotten lucky. And I think if we wrap up the west this weekend we will be so well prepared going into the SECCG that it will be another kick ass win for us against UT, kind of like the UGAG/LSWho SECCG last year.

Ordinarily, I would always pull for South Carolina over Tennessee.

But this year?

Assuming we succeed in getting through to Atlanta and meet them there, we need Tennessee to continue struggling without losing in order for them to be as highly ranked as possible when we hand them their head on a platter again! I would certainly rather play the Vols again than Georgia twice, given the choice.

On the other hand, if we aren't going to see them in Atlanta, and since they've already beaten Bama, let 'em lose all the rest in that case.

ut is a better team, but lou has pulled off bigger upset. personally, i want the vols to win out. i really want them again. burnett deserves to get drilled again. plus they'd be top 8 if they won out.

Maybe I'm mistaken but even if ut gets beat by usc it doesn't necessarily put uga in seccg. When we beat uag, they will have 2 losses, if usc beats ut they will have 2 losses with the tiebreaker being the head-to-head between ut and uga. ut gets the nod assuming both ut and uga win all other remaining sec games(we beat ga). Please correct me if I'm wrong. We need uga to only have 1 loss when we beat them and then win out and for ut to go undefeated the rest of the year (even against nd) so that we will beat a top 10 team in the seccg.

I dont think there is any question that SC beats UT. SC beat UA worse than UT beat UA. And we all know that UA has the best defense in the world, so by those measurements, SC wins.

If South Carolina beats UT, that puts them in the thick of the East race. They've only lost 2 games and if they can beat UT and then win out, they will be tied with UT & UGA (after AU beats them). Now I haven't taken the time to see how the tie-breaker falls out, but I'm sure someone on this site will do it for me.

I dont think there is any question that SC beats UT.  SC beat UA worse than UT beat UA.  And we all know that UA has the best defense in the world, so by those measurements, SC wins.

115586[/snapback]

And by that logic....

:au: = :uk: +32

:ua: = :uk: +28

So, why even play the Iron Bowl this year?!

I dont think there is any question that SC beats UT.  SC beat UA worse than UT beat UA.  And we all know that UA has the best defense in the world, so by those measurements, SC wins.

115586[/snapback]

And by that logic....

:au: = :uk: +32

:ua: = :uk: +28

So, why even play the Iron Bowl this year?!

115596[/snapback]

SOunds good to me!! Although, I would much rather beat Alabama by more than 5 or 6 or 7 or how many!!!!!

How 'bout this one : :au: 34 :ut: 10

:ut: 17 uat 13

That's F O U R tds ! ! ! :big:

btw....This is just for fun. Surely nobody would dare compare games?...Right? :big:

Carolina has a real shot at this game, but they have to play OFFENSE! They struggled to beat Kentucky by 6 in the wanning moments of that game, and this one could be the same. A big key for Carolina is that it's in Willie Brice. The place will be rockin'n and roaoring. If Carolina gets an early lead, look out! I mean like 10-0 or 14-3 type lead. This would mean that UGA would be nack on top in the east.

If Auburn (should) beats UGA, and they all three tied for the east, then the old highest ranked team deal would be in effect.

UGA beat Carolina

Tennessee beat UGA

hypothetical: Carolina beats Tennessee

All three with two losses. That would mean that the highest ranked team would go, I think?

I think UT wins this game by 10, but hey, you never know. The only team that has taken care of business this year is AUBURN.

WDE!

Beat Ole Miss

Clemson Unis

I live near Clemson University, and I can tell you...........Leave the blue and orange alone. Look at these combinations. You never know what they will come up with next. Some of us are waiting on ALL PURPLE!

:puke:

Okay. If USC beat UT, UF beats UGA, and AU beats UGA in a couple of weeks, then my understanding is that the Shamecocks will make it tho the SECCG. This is what the sportscaster at the TV station where I work told me. Honestly, its not THAT improbable a scenario. I, of course, would love for Auburn to meet the Shamecocks in Atlanta and THRASH them so that I could tell all these Lou-heads to shut it. Ahhh ... sweet victory.

However, I'd rather AU face a serious team in the SECCG. We don't need to be playing obvious chumps like S. Carolina.

Archived