Iron Bowl Results Assitance, Please

wesfau

I'm attempting to refute the commonly held misconception that the underdog usually wins the Iron Bowl. Can anyone point me to a source to support my position?

Muchas gracias.

Yeah the only reason for that is because of 01 and 02. But think about 98,99,2000,2003 favored team won...

115527[/snapback]

Yeah, but I want to go back even farther. Maybe since 1980 or so. I'd also like to have a reference to point to.

Thanks for the input guys. :thumbsup:

In 2002, CBS flashed a stat that the higher ranked team was 39-5 since 1955. Add one to each end of the stat and it's now 40-6.

The stat appears in the Tre Smith video, btw.

Wish I could give you a source/facts but all I can tell you from many years of watching is that the favorite team does in fact win the Iron Bowl a high percentage of the time.

In 2002, CBS flashed a stat that the higher ranked team was 39-5 since 1955. Add one to each end of the stat and it's now 40-6.

The stat appears in the Tre Smith video, btw.

115543[/snapback]

That's what I was looking for. Thank you. I'm using a screen capture from that video to make my case.

I'm just too lazy to do the hard research a la StatTiger.

Since 1951, the team with the better overall record at the end of the year was 45-5 in the Iron Bowl. I think it's safe to say that the better team normally wins the Iron Bowl.

StatTiger For PRESIDENT ! ! ! ! :au:

Hmmmm.....Maybe the Tiger Party!? :)

StatTiger For PRESIDENT ! ! ! ! :au:

Hmmmm.....Maybe the Tiger Party!?  :)

115557[/snapback]

No way!!! We need him for important stuff...like give the stat scoop on AUNATION. :big:

Archived