Mississippi State not playing in the post-season

IrishWarEagle

Yeah their punishment was a flat out joke. Everyone knows MSU isnt going to a bowl this year.

they were even considered REPEAT VIOLATOR status. Got nothing but 4 schollies.

This is an outrage ! ! ! (Tom Dashel style! ! !)

They should be forced to suffer the slings and arrows of their sister school a bit to the east of their campus. No , wait. No fat Memphis linemen nor briefcases full of $$$$$$ were involved ! ! ! ! :D:D:D

WAR EAGLE.....O N E at a time. :au:

Do you think it's necessary for reporters to still make sure we know that Croom is "the first black coach in the SEC"? I mean come on...Anyone that has even remotely kept up with college football knows that. Why can't they simply refer to him as Coach Croom?

Maybe they got off a little easy: If they had a winning program, but come on....if you hit this team with heavy sanctions.....you might as well give them the death penalty.......the sanctions they got are going to hurt them while they try to rebuild a program....In there current situation, I think they got a fair shake.......

I am happy for them that this is over. Coach Croom can now begin to BUILD a program from the ashes.

The key to these type situations is that the fan base not have UNREALISTIC expectations.

Sound familiar? :D

Bravo to the NCAA! They are 3 for 3 in bringing appropriate penalties to recent SEC cheater schools. And bravo to KY & MSU for taking their punishment without a whimper of protest. Now that's classy. :D

Bravo to the NCAA!  They are 3 for 3 in bringing appropriate penalties to recent SEC cheater schools.  And bravo to KY & MSU for taking their punishment without a whimper of protest.  Now that's classy.  :D

115759[/snapback]

Umm... Wasn't Coach Sherril threatening lawsuits the entire time?

Yeah their punishment was a flat out joke. Everyone knows MSU isnt going to a bowl this year.

115605[/snapback]

I truly don't remember, what was Bama's record when they "offered" to not go to a bowl game? Wasn't that Dubose's last year? What was their record that year?

115605[/snapback]

I truly don't remember, what was Bama's record when they "offered" to not go to a bowl game? Wasn't that Dubose's last year? What was their record that year?

115792[/snapback]

Dubose's last year the Tide went 3-8. The next year, Fran took them to the Indy bowl and beat ISU. After that game, the tide was hit with probation. They never had a chance to "offer" not to go to a bowl game.

MSU fought these sanctions the whole way...proactively not reactively.

Please explain to me how these are repeat violator sanctions. Where's the "extra" penalty?

Can you, with a straight face, say the bowl ban was a punishment at all?

MSU fought these sanctions the whole way...proactively not reactively.

Please explain to me how these are repeat violator sanctions. Where's the "extra" penalty?

Can you, with a straight face, say the bowl ban was a punishment at all?

115831[/snapback]

If you hire a minority coach, the NCAA turns a blind eye to the previous wrongdoings.

What an insult to the rest of the teams placed on probation! Those two coaches should hire lawyers and drag this thing out in court for a few years, along with dragging :msu: and it's team thru the mud! Why, this is a total travesty of justice!! How dare they place :msu: on probation for breaking NCAA rules!! That is outrageous! The coach should fight back also! They need to find out who turned them in and then sue that school or person, because that is what the best schools do! There is no way, with their tradition, that :msu: should ever be accused of any wrongdoing! Does the NCAA know who they are messing with here? Outlandish claimsand lies, no one did anything wrong at :msu: ! If they did, it's no body's buisness!

:roflol::roflol::roflol::poke::roflol::roflol:

Personally, I doubt that MSU was cheating much, if at all, before the arrival of CJS. Like so many of the "Bear Boys" he learned from the master and like Bammer, they got caught.

Croom seems like a quality person and he WILL rebuild the MSU program and he will do it (oddly enough) like Bryant. He will have knock-down, drag out practices and let the cream come to the top. Spring will be a boot-camp over there and they will find "some real players." His minority status will help in recruiting eventually and they will field a real team. I predict that this conference is about to get real interesting again, particularly if CSS returns to Fla. Stay tuned.

Aubie7 and wartim...thanks for answering my question...no seriously, good job!

You guys should just post "i hate bama and thats all that matters" in every post.

Thats your only defense or response...ever.

And, bg my friend, your every post should read "uat has a lot of injuries and we cheated and got put on probation, but it was UT's fault. IF we did not have all of these injuries, uat would be in the hunt for mnc #2560898786 ! ! !" :D

Unbelieveable, but, typical none the less. :P:D

Why bother? You are not gonna' see the Forest, so, Why discuss the Trees?

:D

Again...good answer!

Can you not be objective about things that have NOTHING to do with alabama? Does EVERYTHING you comment on have to reflect your hatred for UA?

Why not just a simple discussion of MSU's probation?

Archived