Richt already making excuses

PenguinAUB

An equal number of Georgia and Florida fans attend the game in Jacksonville; the schools split the 84,400 tickets down the middle. But Richt said playing in Jacksonville does have advantages for the Gators. In addition to travel -- the Bulldogs fly to Jacksonville while Florida goes by bus -- he said the climate favors the Gators.

"You have warmer weather down there," Richt said. "We're practicing in the 60s and 70s, then it may pop into the 80s or higher down there. Humidity can make a big difference. It's more the climate that Florida is used to."

blaming the weather???

before the game??

what a possy

Dude, you are an idiot if you think he is referring to this years game.

The entire article dealt with maybe moving the game away from Jacksonville and he talked about a slew of reasons to move it.

Do I agree with him? Not at all but thats what the weather comment was about

Jesus, read the article.

I heard someone bring up the point that OU and Texas play in Dallas every year, but Stoops hasn't had a problem with it lately. Seriously, if they switch it to a home/home series, it will be just as big and the fans will enjoy it just as much. Legion Field is a distant memory for AU/UA and you know...I don't miss it at all.

I heard someone bring up the point that OU and Texas play in Dallas every year, but Stoops hasn't had a problem with it lately.  Seriously, if they switch it to a home/home series, it will be just as big and the fans will enjoy it just as much.  Legion Field is a distant memory for AU/UA and you know...I don't miss it at all.

115613[/snapback]

Difference between OU/TX about UGA/UF is that OU/TX are just about the same distance from Texas. 180 miles I think....for both I think to Dallas.

It's about 6-7 hours from Athens to Jacksonville and 1-2 from Gainsville to Jacksonville.

Huge driving difference.

I went to Jacksonville three years ago with some of ym UGA friends. We had a blast and they even get off school the two days before the Florida game to make the trip. I really thought it was a lot of fun and a great atmosphere, but I agree I think it favors Florida more than it does UGA, and I don't see why anyone wouldn't want to have a home and home series.

I've lived in GA for over 32 years and I've never understood how Jacksonville could be neutral for UGA. It's no more neutral than Bammerham was for Auburn! It ought to be a home & home game, but alternating it between Jax & Atl. would be a step in the right direction.

:au::cheer::au:

Slink, Why hasn't uga made a push to get the game moved to home and home?

How would the uga world feel about it?

Would the Gators balk?

Well Tim, understand that I dont want this game moved. Why? It's been played since the early 1900's in Jacksonville. It's a part of the UGA/UF game. Life isn't fair so I tell everyone from GA to shut up when they talk about the drive. Heck, have a few drinks and get a Sober driver to make it go bye faster.

The reason for this is because we have lost 13 of 14. Never heard Dooley or UGA fans complaining back then now did you? Of course not. If Richt had won the last 3 UF games this would never be an issue.

I think Richt is looking for a way to help us get out of this funk with UF and he is using this weather crap, driving distance, and other things to get out of it.

Richt will lose a lot of faithful if he pulls this off.

The DawgVent is going nuts as most think this Atlanta thing is beyond stupid.

Archived