About worries and tests

jared52

While I have no qualms with people who worry about certain games or think that Auburn hasn't been tested, I have my opinion too. I used to be the chronic worrier on Saturdays. It was always my fear that AU would be the goat of the day, pulling a UF against weaker, less talented opponents. I worried about the LSU game and the UT game this year. I freaked during those game when one play went bad (ask David about the UT game, he had to tell me to calm down early and often). But since we went to Knoxville and derailed the Little Orange Train that Couldn't, I have a new attitude about AU football this season. Why? Because we have a new attitude at Auburn University. You see it in CTTs eye before the game, you hear it in the players voices during the week, and you read of it as the games approach. It's not arrogance. It's a confident respect. It's knowing you are better but respecting your oppenent enough to get ready. And we have don't a great job of getting ready this season!

Do I think we are going to go undefeated? I don't know. I do know this, this is a new AU football team. Not even the '93 team had this kind of feeling. I also know that the AU team that is going into Oxford will walk in ready to win. It's time to shift with this team. This is not last year, this is this year. I can only hope we can take this into next year. But before we do that, let's win the next one. Then we'll go from there.

Have confidence in this team, not arrogance. They are not cocky and we shouldn't be either. We should, however, believe this team is going to be ready. As FDR said, "The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself." Let's take it to them like we have been all year.

It is really silly to seriously fear losing any college football game. What happens happens. Enjoy every moment. Don't get an ulcer worrying about what might happen!

Winning breeds more winning. The underclassmen on this team have witnessed a (so-far) beautiful season. It can't help but carry over to next year. The guys who come back next year will want to carry on the same type of attitude and confidence. And the seniors on this team have built a foundation that will hopefully grow stronger.

And about worrying, any true fan of any school has reservations before any game, no matter the opponent. I haven't felt comfortable before any game this year, because there is always that chance that we might lose the game or a player to injury. But that's football. If we lose to OM this weekend, I'll be devastated, but the sun will rise Sunday morning, and I'll still yell for my beloved Tigers.

War Eagle to the world!!!!!

Archived