gotta feel sorry for croom

AUHansel

Link

I know he's glad to be a head coach, but he is coach of the worst team in the SEC and now he has four years of probation to deal with. I thought he might do pretty well with recruiting but not so much now. I'm sure that most teams could be and probably are breaking rules, but you gotta feel bad when someone first comes to coach a team, and then is on probation for something he had nothing to do with.

sorry....I didn't see the other topic on this. :homer:

I think he's happy right now. Most people I have heard on the radio said it was expected to be worse and msu was breathing a sigh of relief. He knew they were in trouble when he took the job.

Mississippi State's football program was placed on probation by the NCAA for four years, stripped of eight scholarships over the next two seasons and banned from postseason play this season because of recruiting violations.

not bad....

ct

Croom knew it was coming when he took the job. And compare it to what UAT got, and it is very light. UAT got 5 years, MSU got 4. UAT had 21 scholly's taken away, MSU only lost 4. Of course, UAT got off lighter than they could have been punished, also. I still remember the 'staring down the barrel of a gun' comment. That was after a co-worker (UAT fan) told me they didn't have anything on the Tide, so there was no way they would get harsh penalties.

Archived