Auburn Bass Fishing Team

FlyWarEagle

I know this is the football board but I just wanted to share that the Bass Fishing team is currently in 4th place for the National Championship. Check out my blog for more info. Today is the last day of the tournament.

Good luck, bass team, and WAR EAGLE!!

I'd love to have one of those fishing shirts they wear.  Anyone know where I might find one?

Good luck to our guys! Hold 'em hook.

I am a bit confused though. I saw us, and others, lose the NC to one kid from Kansas St.. His other angler didn't qualify for some reason, so he fished against two man boats. They were fishing on a lake in S. Car.. ( Lake Murray maybe?)

Today's weigh in is over and we have finished in 2nd place, Oklahoma State won by a little over 2 pounds. Now the members of each of the top four teams will fish as individuals and one of them will get a spot in the Bass Master's Classic.

• 4 weeks later...

Late Update:

In the individual tournament bracket, Matt and Jordan Lee defeated Alabama's Dustin Connell and Logan Johnson, respectively, to set up an all Auburn, brother vs. brother final. Read about their wins over Alabama here.

Congratulations, to Matt Lee for winning the Carhartt College Series Bassmaster Classic Bracket and the honor of fishing the Bassmaster Classic in Oklahoma in 2013.

Read the transcript from their Twitter chat with fans and pros following the championship.

20120807-DSC_0583.jpg

Matt and Jordan with Auburn grad and BASS co-owner Don Logan.

Good luck to our guys! Hold 'em hook.

I am a bit confused though. I saw us, and others, lose the NC to one kid from Kansas St.. His other angler didn't qualify for some reason, so he fished against two man boats. They were fishing on a lake in S. Car.. ( Lake Murray maybe?)

This was the National Guard FLW National Championship that was held on Lake Murray in South Carolina in April of 2012. The Auburn team of Matt and Jordan Lee finished 4th with a total 3 day weight of 43-03 lbs. They earned $5,000 for the Auburn Bass Club.

Here's the Auburn teams' previous finishes in the FLW championships:

2010 - FLW National Championship 3rd Place

2011 - FLW National Championship 3rd Place

2012 - FLW National Championship 4th Place

I'm still wanting one of those shirts. Anyone?

I'd love to have both the BASS club shirt and the FLW club shirt, but unfortunately for us the club cannot sell the jerseys.

@wmattlee We sell some T-Shirts. The school won't let us sell the jerseys. Copyright issue... #stinks

12flwmattjo.jpg

• 5 months later...

Matt Lee is the first College Bass angler to ever get the cover of Bassmaster Magazine! Check out the Auburn University angler who will be competing on the world's biggest fishing stage in just two weeks.

To keep up with his performance, go to https://www.facebook.com/AlabamaBassTrail and follow on Twitter @ALbasstrail

WAR EAGLE!

65264_10152535894770352_1467211626_n.jpg

• 3 months later...

I'm with you WE10. I want both as well. I will def be picking up a Bass Club T-Shirt next trip down. Prob a golf as well.

Archived