Most unusual places you've

AU4Ever

War Eagles from everywhere and no Roll Tides except in spitting distance from Alabama. Tells you a lot about the Fans of both schools.

Remember most Rednecks don't stray too far from the Trailer park.

BG and the other nice Tide fans on this board I do realize that you are educated men and have traveled further than the border of Alabama

We have a decent contingency up here in Chicago.

115776[/snapback]

I am from up north, by Gurnee (Six Flags Great America). My parents came down for the Ole Miss game last year, and the Kentucky game this year, and they love it! So, hopefully my dad will wear his Auburn hat up there, if you see him, hollar! :au:

I ran into another Auburn fan at a hotel in Sydney, Australia.  It was a little bit of a shocker.

War Eagle.

115728[/snapback]

When was that? That could have been me, becasue I ran into an Auburn Fan in Sydney one time, about three years ago.

July of 1980 - Saskatchewan, Canada - At a resturant eating diner with my family while we were on vacation. The couple saw the bumper sticker on our car.

(Wow, talk about another topic, "Griswald" family vacations. Three kids in the backseat of a car from Alabama to Canada and everywhere in between for 2 1/2 weeks).

I saw Auburn fans in the middle of the woods in Cimaron, New Mexico at Philmont Scout Ranch. I was wearing my Auburn hat and as I hiked along I got a War Eagle!!! from 3 other groups hikeing out there! So even in the middle of the woods there are Auburn fans!!! :D

I travel 100% for work, usually fly out Mondays, and fly home on Thursdays. I wear an Auburn shirt every Thursday. Weeks where I don't get a War Eagle from at least one person are very rare.

Airports outside of the South where I've gotten a War Eagle include. San Fran, LA, Vegas, Salt Lake City, Dallas, Houston, Minneapolis/St Paul (Actually got one at a Viking game there, too), Cincy, Boston, New York, and Philly

My wife and I received a couple "War Eagles" on our honeymoon in St. Thomas last year.

About 1972...walking through LaGuardia Airport, in NY, in my Pat Sullivan, #7 jersey...a fellow in a suit "War Eagled" me as he passed. :-)

In a gym, in Auckland, New Zealand. It turned out the guy was Benny Anthony, who played both football and basketball at Auburn in the '70's. When I told him I remembered him playing, he couldn't believe it! Also, at the Eifel Tower in Paris! Just about anywhere you go you will find us!! I always wear my Auburn stuff on trips. :au:

Anybody ever notice in the old "Swamp Thing" movie, that the little fat red-headed boy has on an Auburn Shirt? To me that is the strangest place .... :blink::big:

WDE!!

Karen :au:

On my honeymoon with the corndog at the Sandals resort in Nassau, Bahamas. Met another couple in the gift shop - the hubby was wearing an Auburn hat. We hung out together the rest of the week.

During the 02 Thanksgiving break, I flew to Maine to visit some HS friends (no, I'm not from Maine, I just lived there for a few years). On the way to my house from the airport, I saw a vehicle with an Auburn AL tag on it... Thought it was neat at the time because a stat I had seen said there were only 3 people from Maine here, and I was one of them.

Anybody ever notice in the old "Swamp Thing" movie, that the little fat red-headed boy has on an Auburn Shirt? To me that is the strangest place .... :blink:   :big:  

WDE!!

Karen :au:

116061[/snapback]

There's also a scene in Cannonball Run, where a guy is wearing a blue Auburn shirt. It's the scene right before the race starts, and the organizer of the race is talking about how the guys who hold the record broke the 55 MPH speed limit.

I once got a "WAR EAGLE" from my brother in Atlanta. Strange? IF you knew my uat brother, you would understand! :D

Sttangest place: Original "Ocean's Eleven" Angie Dickinson is telling off Sinatra.

"All you want to klnow is how much did Auburn beat Alabama by today..." paraphrased.

Also, on one sub I visited. They had a picture they showed me of when they pierced the Ice Cap near the North Pole. On a big berg just beside the sub was a spray painted "War Eagle" about 3 foot high. :blink:

Archived