Oklahoma

autiger6

Does anyone have a feeling that Oklahoma could loose to Oklahoma State? I think it is very possible not to mention Oklahoma then has to face Coach Fran who has his team playing well. I didn't realize the OKlahoma State had the 3rd leading rusher. It may be a game worth watching.

Well OK State has won two out of the last three home games they had against OK. I think if they can run the ball an play some defense they stand a good chance. Does OK look over OK State for A&M? Who knows but I hope so.

I think aTm has a better chance than the Cowboys, but I never thought that OSU would win in 01 and 02, so who knows?

I don't know what happened last year to cause the wheels to come off the Sooner Schooner, but saying that they have some kind of latent disease would be to say that Auburn isn't for real this year either.

I have watched the Sooners play 3 times this season. They are a good team with a lot of depth, and it is going to take a great defensive effort to beat them. Oklahoma has played to the level of their competition in the first half and worn out the opposition with their depth in the second half. Adrian Peterson only had 45 yards in the first 3 quarters last week, but he ran for about twice that much in the 4th quarter. Jason White is a pretty good QB, but he doesn't look Heisman-caliber to me, at least not this season. The problem for most teams is that if you stop the run, then the Sooners can go to the pass and vice-versa.

I think the Cowboys and the Aggies have enough talent on offense to post some points on the Sooner defense, but the problem is going to be slowing down the Oklahoma offense. Both games may be close for 3 quarters, but I just don't see either Oklahoma State or Texas A&M containing both Adrian Peterson and Jason White for 4 quarters. If White or Peterson gets injured, then the Sooners could lose both games.

I have seen both Aaron Rodgers and Jason Campbell play in person this season, and they are both considerably better than White, and I think Cal and Auburn would beat the Sooners by 10 points or more, but it is unlikely either team will have the opportunity to face Oklahoma the way the BCS is set up this season.

I have watched the Sooners play 3 times this season. They are a good team with a lot of depth, and it is going to take a great defensive effort to beat them. Oklahoma has played to the level of their competition in the first half and worn out the opposition with their depth in the second half. Adrian Peterson only had 45 yards in the first 3 quarters last week, but he ran for about twice that much in the 4th quarter. Jason White is a pretty good QB, but he doesn't look Heisman-caliber to me, at least not this season. The problem for most teams is that if you stop the run, then the Sooners can go to the pass and vice-versa.

I think the Cowboys and the Aggies have enough talent on offense to post some points on the Sooner defense, but the problem is going to be slowing down the Oklahoma offense. Both games may be close for 3 quarters, but I just don't see either Oklahoma State or Texas A&M containing both Adrian Peterson and Jason White for 4 quarters. If White or Peterson gets injured, then the Sooners could lose both games.

I have seen both Aaron Rodgers and Jason Campbell play in person this season, and they are both considerably better than White, and I think Cal and Auburn would beat the Sooners by 10 points or more, but it is unlikely either team will have the opportunity to face Oklahoma the way the BCS is set up this season.

115862[/snapback]

Good analysis Kirk

:lol::blink: :wacko:

les myles is the only coach in the big 12 that isn't intimidated by bob stoops. that goes a long way with the players. i'd say this is a usc/cal type situation. osu is just as good (vernand morency is actually a better tailback than peterson from the games i've seen), but they have to convince themselves and make plays down the stretch. i'm still in shock that cal didn't beat usc (they're better) so i won't make any promises about osu over ou.

I am betting that OSU knocks off OU this week.....Rival game, at OSU, and maybe OU is a little distracted by Stoops name popping up at Florida....If OU goes down this year.....it will happen this week.....

osu is just as good (vernand morency is actually a better tailback than peterson from the games i've seen), but they have to convince themselves and make plays down the stretch. i'm still in shock that cal didn't beat usc (they're better) so i won't make any promises about osu over ou.

115865[/snapback]

you think OSU is as good as OU? I haven't seen OSU play this year but I've seen OU and they look really good. I was reasding up on OSU and they seem to have a great running game but are even worse in the passing game than Texas(CFN's opinion). I think you would need to be a complete team(AU, USC) to be compared to the Sooners. That said.. go Cowboys and Aggies!!! I do agree that Cal is a better team than USC.

the qb at osu is a runner that's for sure, but i certainly wouldn't say they are worse passing the ball than texas (that would make you alabama or ole miss right?). i just think their defense is as solid and the running game is better. defensive game at home usually favors the home team.

Archived