Fast Notes 8/5/12

around4ever

From coachingsearch.com:

Some coaches can sense a rat and protect useful information from leaking to opponents better than others.

Auburn offensive coordinator / quarterbacks coach Scot Loeffler may have suspected a rat following Saturday's practice when asked by a reporter, "How much of this installation through the first four days you went over in the spring and how much is completely new?"

Loeffler didn't care to expand much.  His answer: "It's the same exact as in the spring."

Watch Loeffler's response at the 2:05 mark.

That....add in the fact that he says at the beginning of the interview that they had a great four days of installation....any reporter could have come up with is this install a repeat or addition to the original install.

I personally like the way he lit up when talking about J. Wallace.... From his reaction and the other chatter it seems as though we may found a hidden gem in this one.

I personally like the way he lit up when talking about J. Wallace.... From his reaction and the other chatter it seems as though we may found a hidden gem in this one.

That chatter is due primarily to the coaches' comments and such about how willing he has been to bust his rear end learing the offense and going about everything in the correct fashion.

coach l looked tired to me. i believe he is more than working his tail off since this is his first big gig or he is in over his head. i would more than bet money its the first.

I think they signed JW because they knew Zeke would not make the cut.  Seems like it is a great pickup and I think things are looking good.

I think they signed JW because they knew Zeke would not make the cut.  Seems like it is a great pickup and I think things are looking good.

No, they signed Jonathan because Coach Loeffler really liked what he saw in him.  It had nothing to do with Pike. 

For some reason I think JW is doing well, but in the same instance I feel the Coaches have made it clear to send a message that losing Zeke was no big deal.  SO through the team and all players they want to talk him up as much as possible to minimalize some peoples doubts, just a conspiracy theory.  Doing damage control if you will, like all other programs would do.  They seem to point out that JW is doing all of the things in areas that Zeke has been rumored to have lacked.

No, they signed Jonathan because Coach Loeffler really liked what he saw in him.  It had nothing to do with Pike. 

Wallace was on AU list last fall but until Trotter left we did not have QB room. Chiz was high on him as well as m

Malzan.

Wallace was on AU list last fall but until Trotter left we did not have QB room. Chiz was high on him as well as m

Malzan.

Yes, but AU was not going to offer until Coach Loeffler saw his video and met him. 

^^^This^^^ and they knew he really wanted to go to Auburn and not UCF

For some reason I think JW is doing well, but in the same instance I feel the Coaches have made it clear to send a message that losing Zeke was no big deal.  SO through the team and all players they want to talk him up as much as possible to minimalize some peoples doubts, just a conspiracy theory.  Doing damage control if you will, like all other programs would do.  They seem to point out that JW is doing all of the things in areas that Zeke has been rumored to have lacked.

I was hearing the JW praises long before ZP left--fwiw

Archived