OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Auburn Eagle to merge with AUFAMILY

AUSportTalk

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we absolutely sure the site will be closing around 5 p.m. today? If so, I am going to ask the wife out on a "date" tonight. If not, well I will just make some beanie-weanie tonight, use the good china, and light a candle.

Are we absolutely sure the site will be closing around 5 p.m. today? If so, I am going to ask the wife out on a "date" tonight. If not, well I will just make some beanie-weanie tonight, use the good china, and light a candle.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm sure it will go down around that time. When it comes back up is the real question.

I think people are missing the point of the Q&A session because people haven't asked the most important question,

Will the amount of emoticons be on par with AE or is it possible to increase the selection?

I think a handful of your emoticons might be imported in, but you'll need to adjust to a lower emoticon per post ratio.  While we're not anti-emoticon, we tend to use them more judiciously.  Plus, older computers, mobile devices and such don't always do well with post after post of animated gifs.  Tends to throw off the formatting and make scrolling jerky and slow.

You guys need to make sure certian emots make the transfer particularly the following.

:wareagle::tdau::party::zapbama::devil::banghead::pcprobs:

I maight not be happy if I can't uses those any more.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm sure it will go down around that time. When it comes back up is the real question.

It'll probably be down close to the entire weekend.  Migrations like this are not a small endeavor.

Will the rules still be in place that people can't talk negatively about recruits and coaches? I saw that AUFamily has a rule against trashing "players," but I didn't see anything about players & coaches. I've always appreciated that AE kept a high standard when discussing the coaches and all high school athletes.

Like many, I found AE in Fall 2009 when there was a rumor that Cam Newton was considering Auburn.

:party:

I think people are missing the point of the Q&A session because people haven't asked the most important question,

Will the amount of emoticons be on par with AE or is it possible to increase the selection?

I think a handful of your emoticons might be imported in, but you'll need to adjust to a lower emoticon per post ratio.  While we're not anti-emoticon, we tend to use them more judiciously.  Plus, older computers, mobile devices and such don't always do well with post after post of animated gifs.  Tends to throw off the formatting and make scrolling jerky and slow.

While I'll miss the emoticon I do support the resoning behind it. I never noticed the emoticons making it hard to scroll but folks who had the videos in there signature usually caused me problems.

I have been over to the other site several times, and find it very user unfriendly.  Now, in full disclosure, I am not tech-savvy at all, but I believe you guys over there need to realize that a lot of AE members are just like me.  You've got over 11,000 new members now, and most are willing to give it a shot.  But, please, listen to our needs.  Auburn Eagle was built on a strong membership base, and a very close-knit one at that; it just lacked leadership and interest from it's founders.  Here's my problems so far:  logging in, on the home page there is no obvious sign in area, and do I have to sign in every time?: messages and pms, where are they?: is there a place to go to read recently unread posts?: profiles, how do we set up and update?   Just a few basic questions from the uninformed.

If you look at the very top right hand corner of the page, there's a "Sign In" link.  When that window comes up, there are checkboxes that will say something like "keep me logged in" or something similar. 

Messages and PMs:  at the top right to the left of the sign in link is an icon that looks like an envelope.  That's where your PMs are located.  If you have new ones you'll see a red icon with a number on it for the number of unread messages you have.

Profile:  also to the left of the sign in link, your user name appears.  Click on the little down arrow next to it and you'll see all sorts of options such as My Profile, My Content and so on.

New posts:  Down below the Sign In link, right above where the list of forums start there's a "View New Content" link.  Click that to see new posts.

Hopefully that helps.

Are these places like SEC Forums where half the posters are mods, and will say whatever the **ck they want, then ban you for fighting back?

No.  It's not that easy to get banned.  And while we will ask you to take arguments about the moderating to PM instead of cluttering the boards up with it, you can argue with a mod or admin.  As long as it doesn't get too personal or devolve into nothing but name calling and not get in trouble.

Well i'm a little late to the party on this announcement.

Just checked and it looks like my work network network those not like the aufamily home page but I was able to get it to work by going straight into the forums. So if any one else has this problem just try www.aufamily.com/forums.

Thanks Grave, you just saved my life  :)

Is there any way we can get some people banned before the merger is complete?

With a lot of sand and a lot of manginas, why yes you can.

bammer

bammer

YOU'RE BANNED! Go back to the X with the rest of your psychopath degenerate buddies.

bammer

YOU'RE BANNED! Go back to the X with the rest of your psychopath degenerate buddies.

What in the hell are you talking about?

I'm guessing my user name and password will still work over on the other site?

Correct.

Hmm..not working for me  :dunno:

I'm guessing my user name and password will still work over on the other site?

Correct.

Hmm..not working for me  :dunno:

Monday, my friend, Monday.  The merger is taking place this weekend.

Archived