OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Auburn Eagle to merge with AUFAMILY

AUSportTalk

I think there are threads or comments on every Auburn board about you.  You are almost always the only mod mentioned.  I bet they have the same concerns about you.  LOL   :laugh: :laugh:  Personally I have no problems with ya, in my short time here.  Maybe a new board is a time for everyone to change a little and meet in the middle, after all we are all family.

kabasakal.jpg

:laugh::thumbsup:

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an account with both sites, using two different user names, but the same e-mail address.  Will that cause any problem?

No, if the Email Addresses of the accounts match, then your Auburn Eagle username will be automatically merged into the username that's already in AUFAMILY.

Maybe a new board is a time for everyone to change a little and meet in the middle, after all we are all family.

I'll try to tollerate stupidity more...

When will this merge take place? And who will be moving where?

Read the very first post from ST in this thread. Has all the info there.

Doesn't really answer my question.

It's actually on page 8 of this thread, but here you are, read below.

With great excitement, today I am able to announce the next great chapter in our story: Auburn Eagle is joining forces with AUFAMILY to create the largest AU online community anywhere.

This strategic move, which has been in the works for many months, will multiply our collective member size and traffic and make us the preeminent destination for the entire Auburn Family to connect, exchange information and share our stories.

So what does this all mean for Auburn Eagle?  It means that while our name and message board platform will soon change, the same guiding principles that we built this community on will remain.  We have no intentions to drastically change this site or tear it down in any way.  To the contrary, in the coming days and weeks, the Admins and Mods from both sites will be working around the clock to ensure a seamless integration of our community into AUFAMILY.

But it’s much better than just a platform and domain name change.  Once the merger is complete (expected by kickoff), immediate benefits will include:

• Forums with comprehensive tools that enable you to discuss effortlessly:

Fully featured text editor with “what you see is what you get” functionality.

Automatic video and audio posting (when you post a link to a video from supported site, content is automatically displayed using the appropriate audio/video player).

Mobile skin for smart phone / tablet browsing!

Configurable notifications – Follow this topic/forum options.

Social network integration (i.e., Facebook and Twitter Connect).  Also, share functionality to integrate your broader online experience with the site.

Customizable user profiles and status updates.

• Access to a fully-featured photo and multimedia sharing Gallery so members can upload photos and create their own albums.

• Real-time Chat and messaging to allow members to interact with each other instantly – great for gameday, national signing day, recruiting announcements and other live events.

• Interactive Blogs feature great AU contributors like StatTiger, The TigerTail Team and other special guest bloggers (TBA!).

• The return of a home page aggregating all of the AU news and information you could ever want.

• Support of a social media network that is 55,000+ strong and growing (become a fan/follower if you are not already)!

AUFAMILY on Facebook http://www.Facebook.com/AUFAMILY

AUFAMILY on Twitter http://www.Twitter.com/AUFAMILY

Even more to be announced in the coming months … and the best part … the world’s largest site for AU fans will continue to remain FREE for the entire AU Family.

So what do I need to do?  In short, nothing (no need to go register over there, etc.) – we’re going to do everything for you!  This Friday evening, the site will go offline as the transition process begins.  Your user name, credentials, post history and all of the site’s content will be migrated over and integrated into AUFAMILY.  This merge effort will continue through the weekend – your patience and understanding is appreciated!  And Monday morning, we’ll be back open for business and ready to kickoff the 2012 season!

So strap in for the ride and hang on tight, good just got great and even bigger things are on the horizon. 

War Eagle!

This weekend starting Friday evening

Are we moving there?

Are we moving there?

yes

So what do I need to do?  In short, nothing (no need to go register over there, etc.) – we’re going to do everything for you!  This Friday evening, the site will go offline as the transition process begins.  Your user name, credentials, post history and all of the site’s content will be migrated over and integrated into AUFAMILY.  This merge effort will continue through the weekend – your patience and understanding is appreciated!  And Monday morning, we’ll be back open for business and ready to kickoff the 2012 season!

Are we moving there?

Everybody except you. They ran out of room.  ;D:tease:

Are we moving there?

yes

I didn't know you could actually do that with two different board hosts! That is cool! Looking forward to the merge.

Just so there is no confusion (on my part as well) AE will no longer exist as of Friday evening. However your user history, name, and what not will automatically transfer to aufamily. So on Monday you will go to aufamily.com to log into your account and post over there. Am i right?

Just so there is no confusion (on my part as well) AE will no longer exist as of Friday evening. However your user history, name, and what not will automatically transfer to aufamily. So on Monday you will go to aufamily.com to log into your account and post over there. Am i right?

Basically ... not only your user account but also all posts on this board, etc. will also move over. 

And so yes, starting Monday, go to AUFAMILY.  However, it's even easier because if you mistakenly go to this site, you will be automatically redirected.

Also please understand, everything might not be perfect day one ... bear with us ... this is a monumental task and there will be some bugs, hitches and cleanup required after the fact.  We'll have a thread to document issues and will be working around the clock to get everything fixed.

Kinda sounds like AuburnEagle just sold all their users to AUFamily.  Pretty much forcing us to a new site and trying to get us to like it.  Well, it was a good ride guys.

Give it a chance WarEagleFan what have you got to lose. Also you'll still have me to rag on about my age. Unless you make me mad..... :tease:

Kinda sounds like AuburnEagle just sold all their users to AUFamily.  Pretty much forcing us to a new site and trying to get us to like it.  Well, it was a good ride guys.

Could not be further from the truth.  ST and everyone else aren't going any where.  This whole merger is truly about us being better and stronger together.  I hope you choose to stick around and atleast give it a chance...

Yes. If I wanted to be apart of AUFAMILY's message board I would have joined over there. Extreme disappointment.

Yes. If I wanted to be apart of AUFAMILY's message board I would have joined over there. Extreme disappointment.

Based on the pretty frequent pleas for donations to keep this board up for the past year, if this merger did not happen, then this board, thread, posters etc would likely have just disappeared in the not too distant future.  At least this way, the posters do have a board in which they already are a part of instead of blindly searching for another one.  I do think the some of the mods and definitely certain of the posters on this board can be too overbearing if someone voices a dissenting viewpoint from the crowd especially if that point of view critical of the program or coaches.  I enjoyed this board, but I am also looking forward to the merger. 

wde

Based on the pretty frequent pleas for donations to keep this board up for the past year, if this merger did not happen, then this board, thread, posters etc would likely have just disappeared in the not too distant future.   At least this way, the posters do have a board in which they already are a part of instead of blindly searching for another one.  I do think the some of the mods and definitely certain of the posters on this board can be too overbearing if someone voices a dissenting viewpoint from the crowd especially if that point of view critical of the program or coaches.  I enjoyed this board, but I am also looking forward to the merger. 

wde

I agree. This is ST's baby and I am sure there is a reason this is happening. It is just a guess, but I am sure money is a main reason for this happening. I hate it also, but am going into the change with an open mind and am looking forward to offending a whole new group of people with my horrible sense of humor.

Based on the pretty frequent pleas for donations to keep this board up for the past year, if this merger did not happen, then this board, thread, posters etc would likely have just disappeared in the not too distant future.   At least this way, the posters do have a board in which they already are a part of instead of blindly searching for another one.  I do think the some of the mods and definitely certain of the posters on this board can be too overbearing if someone voices a dissenting viewpoint from the crowd especially if that point of view critical of the program or coaches.  I enjoyed this board, but I am also looking forward to the merger. 

wde

I agree. This is ST's baby and I am sure there is a reason this is happening. It is just a guess, but I am sure money is a main reason for this happening. I hate it also, but am going into the change with an open mind and am looking forward to offending a whole new group of people with my horrible sense of humor.

God awful sense of humor WE10

wde

God awful sense of humor WE10

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: It ain't braggin' if you back it up.

Could not be further from the truth.  ST and everyone else aren't going any where.  This whole merger is truly about us being better and stronger together.  I hope you choose to stick around and atleast give it a chance...

The more I go to AUFamily, the more comfortable I get with it. Not too shabby of a site.  :thumbsup:

Everything will be fine when all of our members and posts are transferred. Just look at it as AE getting a remodel. I have to give it to AUFamily. Their website looks very professional.

Archived