OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Auburn Eagle to merge with AUFAMILY

AUSportTalk

Kinda sounds like AuburnEagle just sold all their users to AUFamily.  Pretty much forcing us to a new site and trying to get us to like it.  Well, it was a good ride guys.

Could not be further from the truth.  ST and everyone else aren't going any where.  This whole merger is truly about us being better and stronger together.  I hope you choose to stick around and atleast give it a chance...

The more I go to AUFamily, the more comfortable I get with it. Not too shabby of a site.  :thumbsup:

You found another Manilow fan over there didn't you weeg

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kinda sounds like AuburnEagle just sold all their users to AUFamily.  Pretty much forcing us to a new site and trying to get us to like it.  Well, it was a good ride guys.

Could not be further from the truth.  ST and everyone else aren't going any where.  This whole merger is truly about us being better and stronger together.  I hope you choose to stick around and atleast give it a chance...

The more I go to AUFamily, the more comfortable I get with it. Not too shabby of a site.  :thumbsup:

You found another Manilow fan over there didn't you weeg

Nope but War Tiger knows. I am a dead man.

I have looked around a little. I noticed they aren't as big on recruiting over there. Tray Matthews thread is 2 pages and Carl Lawson's is 4 pages. I have a feeling that is fixing to change drastically.  :laugh:

Kinda sounds like AuburnEagle just sold all their users to AUFamily. Pretty much forcing us to a new site and trying to get us to like it. Well, it was a good ride guys.

Could not be further from the truth. ST and everyone else aren't going any where. This whole merger is truly about us being better and stronger together. I hope you choose to stick around and atleast give it a chance...

The more I go to AUFamily, the more comfortable I get with it. Not too shabby of a site. :thumbsup:

I have looked around a little. I noticed they aren't as big on recruiting over there. Tray Matthews thread is 2 pages and Carl Lawson's is 4 pages. I have a feeling that is fixing to change drastically. :laugh:

Looking forward to it! :thumbsup:

I have looked around a little. I noticed they aren't as big on recruiting over there. Tray Matthews thread is 2 pages and Carl Lawson's is 4 pages. I have a feeling that is fixing to change drastically.  :laugh:

Looking forward to it!  :thumbsup:

I second that!  :partey:

Question, and it may have already been asked and answered. Sorry if it has....will the threads from A E be merged also?

Yes and Yes

Question, and it may have already been asked and answered. Sorry if it has....will the threads from A E be merged also?

Yes and Yes

Thanks. I want to be able to keep giving Golf grief in his Yankee thread.

I think right now my biggest hurdle is the white background. I may be young, but I have old eyes. I can't read pages of speculation for hours at a time if it will be that bright. I'd love to see the white text/dark background be an AE contribution to our new home.

I think right now my biggest hurdle is the white background. I may be young, but I have old eyes. I can't read pages of speculation for hours at a time if it will be that bright. I'd love to see the white text/dark background be an AE contribution to our new home.

I think the skin used on their forum is nice and professional. I don't think they should change anything.. I could see them having a dark blue theme though as an option.

After the merger if your having a problem with it you can make it a suggestion in AUF help and Support forum

I much prefer the light background and dark text of AU family.  It helps with my created smilies. 

I believe this is going to be an exciting transition and after one or two weeks, everyone will be used to the new look.

Are we also gonna carry over all the same mods?

All except bird I finally got his rear end demoted..................

j/k if they want to continue to be Mod they can................. so you dummies are stuck we me oh by the way have I ever thold you guys how much I hate G. Tech

So I made an account over there last night under a different Email but same name. Do I need to go delete that in order for my transfer to work???

Yes, otherwise this one will get stamped with a number at the end and you will have two accounts over there post-merger.

OK, I'm over my frustrations of the merger...for now.

I'm ready for this to all be over with. I do have a question though. Since I can't keep my username due to someone already having it. Plus I have an account there already that this one will be merged with, once the merger is done Is it possible for me to change my username? 

I'm ready for this to all be over with. I do have a question though. Since I can't keep my username due to someone already having it. Plus I have an account there already that this one will be merged with, once the merger is done Is it possible for me to change my username? 

Not sure about that I'll have to leave that for Rob to answer

So I made an account over there last night under a different Email but same name. Do I need to go delete that in order for my transfer to work???

Yes, otherwise this one will get stamped with a number at the end and you will have two accounts over there post-merger.

Okay I'm trying to delete it and I can't find how to anywhere. I even clicked "help", still couldn't find it... :-[

I got my name changed a little while ago. All I did was message a mod/admin and they changed it quickly. Idk if there is another way to change it other than that.

yes

Let me repost this so I can get a response from you.

« Reply #175:

August 08, 2012, 10:41:20 PM »

" The blue and gray backgrounds on the pages here are unique and just one of the many things I like about this site over any site I have been to. Very easy on the eyes. I sure hope we keep that when the sites are combined. Other things I like here are the crazy emitcons and of course the great people here. I also like the way you weed out the Updykes. Do they do that there too ? "

I am 64 and I REALLY like the blue and gray backgrounds. I hope you keep that, at least as an option, or you will have some problems from us older folk. We have been known to band together and plot revenge during our meetings at the "early bird specials". Seriously though, I hope you have made provisions.

We want dark backgrounds ! We want dark backgrounds !  :pcprobs:

;D

WOW...Just checked back in on this and found the announcement. I've been so wrapped up in football news that I lost track of this. Feeling a little lost. I never have done change well and the older I get the harder it is. But, I'll try to keep an open mind and give it a try. ST and all the Admin and Mods, THANKS!!! This site has been a big part of my life since I joined and although I don't post often, I read it several times daily.  When I've had a question or when my daughter's car broke down in Auburn, you guys were always there to help. I just want to say THANK YOU for all you have done. It has been a fun ride for sure.

Well, while I'm typing this I just happened to look down and notice I'm wearing my Auburn Eagle t-shirt. I guess it's a CLASSIC now. LOL

WDE and see you on the other side.

Absolutely.  It will be done by manual request but we will accomodate name changes as soon as possible.

Archived