OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Auburn Eagle to merge with AUFAMILY

AUSportTalk

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been over to the other site several times, and find it very user unfriendly.  Now, in full disclosure, I am not tech-savvy at all, but I believe you guys over there need to realize that a lot of AE members are just like me.  You've got over 11,000 new members now, and most are willing to give it a shot.  But, please, listen to our needs.  Auburn Eagle was built on a strong membership base, and a very close-knit one at that; it just lacked leadership and interest from it's founders.  Here's my problems so far:  logging in, on the home page there is no obvious sign in area, and do I have to sign in every time?: messages and pms, where are they?: is there a place to go to read recently unread posts?: profiles, how do we set up and update?   Just a few basic questions from the uninformed.

If you look at the very top right hand corner of the page, there's a "Sign In" link.  When that window comes up, there are checkboxes that will say something like "keep me logged in" or something similar. 

Messages and PMs:  at the top right to the left of the sign in link is an icon that looks like an envelope.  That's where your PMs are located.  If you have new ones you'll see a red icon with a number on it for the number of unread messages you have.

Profile:  also to the left of the sign in link, your user name appears.  Click on the little down arrow next to it and you'll see all sorts of options such as My Profile, My Content and so on.

New posts:  Down below the Sign In link, right above where the list of forums start there's a "View New Content" link.  Click that to see new posts.

Hopefully that helps.

Many thanks.

Really not looking forward to this merger. and from reading their posts over there they are not too happy about us coming there either.

Really not looking forward to this merger. and from reading their posts over there they are not too happy about us coming there either.

I don't think that's true.  Sure, there will be some adjustments but I'm pretty tapped into the overall vibe of things and haven't detected a bunch of unhappiness about it.  Well, other than fearing an onslaught of emoticons.  ;)

I don't think that's true.  Sure, there will be some adjustments but I'm pretty tapped into the overall vibe of things and haven't detected a bunch of unhappiness about it.  Well, other than fearing an onslaught of emoticons.  ;)

that just makes me want to plug in about 10 into every post I make.

It's human nature to be resistant to change.  I too am apprehensive about this move.  I have not seen alot of unhappiness over there.  But then, they really aren't moving.  They are simply being asked to accept permanent house guests.  

I think the merger will be a success.  It will take a while for the adjustments and tweaks to make it the best it can be.  It will also be an adjustment for members on both sides.  Let's make the best of it and still be the best AU site on the interwebs.    (emoticon free post)  

I haven't seen any of the post about us at all.  Am I missing something?  I haven't seen anything about a member, mod, or anything like that.  I saw a post where they were happy that they get to stick to their rules and said over here is too strict but that's it.

I already had an account over there but lately could not get signed in.  They sent me new passwords but I couldn't get it to work.  I couldn't remember if I signed in on FB or twitter or just had an account.  So which account will I now be signing in on?  Are they going to post instructions when they get it all worked out?  Guess they are matching up e-mails???

:dunno:

I haven't seen any of the post about us at all.  Am I missing something?  I haven't seen anything about a member, mod, or anything like that.  I saw a post where they were happy that they get to stick to their rules and said over here is too strict but that's it.

I read quite a bit about the "heavy handed moderation" at A E from some of them. Other than that it wasn't bad. I think this board was Moderated very well. Well except for the night BarneyFyfe banned me with no explanation. (I have never once been given a warning here. Probably will be given one for this post though)

I read quite a bit about the "heavy handed moderation" at A E from some of them. Other than that it wasn't bad. I think this board was Moderated very well. Well except for the night BarneyFyfe banned me with no explanation. (I have never once been given a warning here. Probably will be given one for this post though)

LOL!  How did you know which mod banned you?

LOL!  How did you know which mod banned you?

It was pretty obvious, plus I saw him getting his bullet out of his pocket. It was when we had the rant board for a little while, and my post were on there. My posts did not break the rules for that section. a4e, thank goodness to him, got me back in.

I love you guys as much one man can love a group of faceless, yellow-typing, Manilow-loving dudes (and ladies).  I may not have posted much, but I've been lurking for over 3 years.  I'll miss everybody that doesn't choose to transfer, so I sincerely hope that all of you do.  I've been down about it for a day, but I'm starting to feel like it will be alright.  The other fans might make some things awkward, but I feel like I can ignore the few that are there.  We get to keep our Mods.  Most of us get to keep our names :laugh:  If God is good then we'll get to keep our emoticons :we dance:  

But IT WILL SUCK if we don't get to keep all the folks that made this place the best.

WDE

I read quite a bit about the "heavy handed moderation" at A E from some of them.

Heavy Handed? Try some of these out for size, straight from the AUFamily database.

A 1950 anti-obscenity law in Irondale, Ala., prohibited any showing of anyone nude or "in a substantially nude state" except a babe in arms.

Anniston: You may not wear blue jeans down Noble Street.

An ordinance in Linden, Ala., provided that all women of "uncertain chastity" had to be off the streets by 9 p.m.

Bear wrestling matches are prohibited.

Boogers may not be flicked into the wind.

Children of incestuous couples are deemed legitimate.

Dominoes may not be played on Sunday.

Hunting is not allowed on Sunday.

Incestuous marriages are legal.

It is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while operating a vehicle.

It is illegal to impersonate a person of the clergy.

It is illegal to maim oneself to escape duty.

It is illegal to stab yourself to gain someone's pity.

It is illegal to wear a fake moustache that causes laughter in church.

It is legal to drive the wrong way on a one-way street if you have a lantern attached to the front of your automobile.

It is unlawful to wear women's pumps with sharp, high heels.

It's against the law for a man to seduce "a chaste woman by means of temptation, deception, arts, flattery or a promise of marriage."

Jasper: It is illegal for a husband to beat his wife with a stick larger in diameter than his thumb.

Lee County: It is illegal to sell peanuts in Lee County after sundown on Wednesday.

Masks may not be worn in public

Men may not spit in front of the opposite sex.

Mobile: It is unlawful to howl at ladies inside the city limits.

Montgomery: It is considered an offense to open an umbrella on a street, for fear of it spooking horses.

No persons may sell "blow-out nuts".

Peanuts are not allowed to be sold in Lee County, Alabama after sunset on Wednesdays.

Pool halls may not be operated between 11:30 PM and 6 AM.

Putting salt on a railroad track may be punishable by death.

Slavery is still legal in Decatur, Alabama.

The game of crackaloo is illegal in Fairfield, Ala.

Women are able to retain all property they owned prior to marriage in the case of divorce. However, this provision does not apply to men.

You cannot chain your alligator to a fire hydrant.

You may not drive barefooted.

You may not have an ice cream cone in your back pocket at any time.

You must have windshield wipers on your car.

I hope you all have a great weekend. Hope to see everybody on the other side. I will miss what we had here.

Again, thank you ADMIN., MODS, and members for making this the best site I have ever found.

War Eagle all!!!!!!!

Hope it's not repeat question

but I may be running out of time to search before the imminent hiatus.

Will old threads still be available for bumps?

Hope it's not repeat question

but I may be running out of time to search before the imminent hiatus.

Will old threads still be available for bumps?

Yes. That's why the merger will take all weekend: everything from AE is being combined with everything from AUF.

Hello and War Eagle every one!  We are excited to have AE a part of the AUFAMILY.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll be happy to address.

Again, welcome and we look forward to bringing our communities together and getting this show going!

Whats the name of the new sight going to be?

Hello and War Eagle every one!  We are excited to have AE a part of the AUFAMILY.

Again, welcome and we look forward to bringing our communities together and getting this show going!

AUFamily.com

AUFamily.com

figures...

AUFamily.com

figures...

I tried to get them to use augolf1716.com or bigbird sucks.com but the big shots turned it down.

Archived