OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Auburn Eagle to merge with AUFAMILY

AUSportTalk

Best of luck from this day forward to all of us. I just have a problem with the people of AUFAMILY crying about being banned from this site. If you were a dumbass here, you are going to be a dumbass on the new site. just my .02

I have said many things that I would have thought would have gotten me banned. But have not. So if you got banned from this site, you are an idiot. And not too sure how I can mesh with you on a new site.

This is a concern for me as well.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you were a dumbass here, you are going to be a dumbass on the new site. just my .02

It doesn't take much to get banned here. I'm personally glad that AUFamily is absorbing this site and AE has to adopt their rules.  There's not quite the iron fist there that is present here.

We get it, you don't like our rules here, as you've posted multiple times.  My question is, if its been so awful, why have you continued to torture yourself by coming here?

Hey guys, I'm one of the admins over at AUFamily.  I've been part of the board since the late 90s.

I'll also chime in on the "bammers" thing.  We do allow rival fans.  We don't make them genuflect at Samford Tower. They are allowed to be homers for their team.  If you engage one of them and want to attack them, we're not going to let you say whatever you want and make them smile and take it. They can return fire.  So sometimes there are debates and sometimes they can get heated.  But mature people can have fun with that and I think overall, we've managed a good balance over the years. They are not allowed, however, to trash Auburn, post baseless rumors about Auburn, be constant antagonists and so on.  We believe good rival fans actually enrich a board rather than detract from it.  

But any worries about AUFamily being like al.com or the free boards at Rivals or Scout are totally unfounded.  We don't even let our own fans act like the bozos do in those places, much less a rival.

Well i'm a little late to the party on this announcement.

Just checked and it looks like my work network network those not like the aufamily home page but I was able to get it to work by going straight into the forums. So if any one else has this problem just try www.aufamily.com/forums.

Sure have enjoyed this site and will just miss typing www.auburneagle.com into my browser first thing every morning. Hope I enjoy the next site as much as this one and if all the users go with this site then I don't see why it wouldn't be just as good.

Really looking forward to seeing Stats breakdowns again!

I also imagine I don't have to worry about another member over there having the user name gravejd  :laugh:

If you were a dumbass here, you are going to be a dumbass on the new site. just my .02

It doesn't take much to get banned here. I'm personally glad that AUFamily is absorbing this site and AE has to adopt their rules.  There's not quite the iron fist there that is present here.

We get it, you don't like our rules here, as you've posted multiple times.  My question is, if its been so awful, why have you continued to torture yourself by coming here?

I come here because I have a couple friends that I enjoy conversing with on a regular basis.  There's a reason I stay primarily in The Asylum.

I have an account with both sites, using two different user names, but the same e-mail address.  Will that cause any problem?

You get around don't you pops?   ;):tease:

Frankly, I opened that account several months ago, because it's free, and never posted or rarely used it.  Only wanted to see Stat's reviews. 

Hey guys, I'm one of the admins over at AUFamily.  I've been part of the board since the late 90s.

I'll also chime in on the "bammers" thing.  We do allow rival fans.  We don't make them genuflect at Samford Tower. They are allowed to be homers for their team.  If you engage one of them and want to attack them, we're not going to let you say whatever you want and make them smile and take it. They can return fire.  So sometimes there are debates and sometimes they can get heated.  But mature people can have fun with that and I think overall, we've managed a good balance over the years. They are not allowed, however, to trash Auburn, post baseless rumors about Auburn, be constant antagonists and so on.  We believe good rival fans actually enrich a board rather than detract from it.  

But any worries about AUFamily being like al.com or the free boards at Rivals or Scout are totally unfounded.  We don't even let our own fans act like the bozos do in those places, much less a rival.

That sounds fair to me.

Stripe, I have some bad news. I looked at the members list on AUFamily, and there is a Stripe registered. He/she has been registered since Nov 24, 2003. They have made 73 posts in this timeframe so you might be able to make the argument to RIR that they aren't even an active account.

Yea I know there is, I created an account there yesterday morning in order to read a thread I was linked to...before the announcement or even the speculation. I'm Stripe44 there. The ammount of posts doesn't make a difference. but if he's been inactive for ever that could. I don't want to lose my tag I have here, but at the same time I don't want to learn who everyone else is all over again. especially when you add in other people with tags that people here have and had to change.

Not having to put up with this is what made AE so great.  If I wanted to engage the bammers I could go to Rivals or scout or AL.com .... or just listen to the idiots at work.  I come here for auburn news without having to listen to the bammer trash talk.

Well, I hope you'll find that it's not as bad as you fear.  We do have our forums separated so you can stay in the AU Football Forum and pretty much only discuss Auburn news.  The Rivals forum is for news about other teams.  There's some crossover where rivals might chime in, but it's really not that much and like I say, I think we strike a good balance.

Well, I hope you'll find that it's not as bad as you fear.  We do have our forums separated so you can stay in the AU Football Forum and pretty much only discuss Auburn news.  The Rivals forum is for news about other teams.  There's some crossover where rivals might chime in, but it's really not that much and like I say, I think we strike a good balance.

Will we be allowed to call a gump a gump/turd a turd there? (wanting to know for my personal safety)

I know we say turd and gump all the time. But it is usually referring to them not calling them it.

Thanks. I have a habit of calling them one to their faces(not here because we don't have to deal with them, thankfully) so I hope it doesn't land me in the outhouse when I do it.

I know we say turd and gump all the time. But it is usually referring to them not calling them it.

Thanks. I have a habit of calling them one to their faces(not here because we don't have to deal with them, thankfully) so I hope it doesn't land me in the outhouse when I do it.

The first time you do something they will at least give you a warning and refer you to the rules. There is not much to worry about with the rules.

When will this merge take place? And who will be moving where?

Read the very first post from ST in this thread. Has all the info there.

The first time you do something they will at least give you a warning and refer you to the rules. There is not much to worry about with the rules.

Thanks for the info Truman!

You don't have to engage the turds. I find it pretty easy just to not acknowledge them at all--if you don't talk to them, they don't talk back. They typically only speak when their team is brought up. I think there is a forum function to properly ignore them also.

There's only 4 or 5 of them, it's not crawling with rival fans as some seem to think.

Guest jrljr

I went to the site, registered, and it won't let me do anything or see anything!!! Whats the deal? Someone please help me!!!

I went to the site, registered, and it won't let me do anything or see anything!!! Whats the deal? Someone please help me!!!

They will send you an email to verify your account. Your account will not be set up until you verify it. However, if you registered with your name here then there will be problems when they merge the two sites this weekend.

Best of luck from this day forward to all of us. I just have a problem with the people of AUFAMILY crying about being banned from this site. If you were a dumbass here, you are going to be a dumbass on the new site. just my .02

I have said many things that I would have thought would have gotten me banned. But have not. So if you got banned from this site, you are an idiot. And not too sure how I can mesh with you on a new site.

This is a concern for me as well.

I think there are threads or comments on every Auburn board about you.  You are almost always the only mod mentioned.  I bet they have the same concerns about you.  LOL   :laugh: :laugh:  Personally I have no problems with ya, in my short time here.  Maybe a new board is a time for everyone to change a little and meet in the middle, after all we are all family.

They will send you an email to verify your account. Your account will not be set up until you verify it. However, if you registered with your name here then there will be problems when they merge the two sites this weekend.

This.

I think there are threads or comments on every Auburn board about you.  You are almost always the only mod mentioned.  I bet they have the same concerns about you.  LOL   :laugh: :laugh:  Personally I have no problems with ya, in my short time here.  Maybe a new board is a time for everyone to change a little and meet in the middle, after all we are all family.

kabasakal.jpg

Archived