UA Commit Darius Paige Possible Subject of NCAA Investigation...?

WarTiger6

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Watson noted numerous Foley players have signed with other schools during his seven seasons there and that the first major prospect he coached in high school, Brandon Johnson, signed with Auburn.

:laugh:

al.com cracks me up

Watson noted numerous Foley players have signed with other schools during his seven seasons there and that the first major prospect he coached in high school, Brandon Johnson, signed with Auburn.

:laugh:

al.com cracks me up

That's called muddying the waters

Looks like the article has dissappeared now. That didn't take long.

Links work fast for me.

My bad. I was clicking the first link which asks me to subscribe and when I say no, it takes me somewhere else where I didn't see the article.

Works fine when I click the second link...

RE: Wrong Paige????    see what i did there, lol       :laugh:

go to college football and there is a whole thread up

$2 says this goes into the same file as the Trent Richardson, Brent Calloway, etc... stories, and is only discussed on message boards of websites that cater to those who want to witness the Fall of the Updykes

$2 says this goes into the same file as the Trent Richardson, Brent Calloway, etc... stories, and is only discussed on message boards of websites that cater to those who want to witness the Fall of the Updykes

I think that is a pretty safe bet, LOL. I know I would not bet against you on that  one.

From WarBlogle: "WarBlogle.com ‏@WarBlogle

Read this till then. http://bit.ly/RpD2hp WE @rosscollings: I’m waiting on the Capstone Report’s writeup of the Dairius Page/Foley story."

"Quotable: Darius Paige transfer to Foley is “on the up-and-up”"

http://www.ibleedcrimsonred.com/2012/08/quotable-darius-paige-transfer-to-foley.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Read this till then. http://bit.ly/RpD2hp WE @rosscollings: I’m waiting on the Capstone Report’s writeup of the Dairius Page/Foley story."

http://www.ibleedcrimsonred.com/2012/08/quotable-darius-paige-transfer-to-foley.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

This says it all about Harvey U's arrogance...

So screw all y’all raising the ruckus over Paige’s midnight move across the state line. Whatcha gonna do about it?

You would think a fanbase that has known nothing but probation for the past 15+ years wouldn't be so cocky. But then again this is Harvey U.

That web site is not worth anything, it is a bammer propaganda site. I would not worry or waste time trying to figure out what was truthful and what wasn't. That blogger has no shame and no use for the truth.

That web site is not worth anything, it is a bammer propaganda site. I would not worry or waste time trying to figure out what was truthful and what wasn't. That blogger has no shame and no use for the truth.

Exactly.  That is what WarBlogle was implying with his post.....more cover up. 

Guest jrljr

Bite Me little  :devil:y. Your day of reckoning is drawing nigh. This may not be the provebial "straw that breaks the camels back". So I beg you to keep it up! The sun can't shine on the same pachyderms a$$ everyday!!! 

:zapbama:                                                                        :beatmullet:

I smell a rat!!!  I graduated from the school that he's transferring from and it's a good school. Our Valedictorian and Salutatorian both received scholarships to Ivy League schools. Foley H.S. on the other hand didn't make their Annual Yearly Progress as mandated by the state.  How is the transfer really in the kid's best interest?

Also heard that he only obtained 7 credits toward graduation and needs another 9 to graduate.

I smell a rat!!!  I graduated from the school that he's transferring from and it's a good school. Our Valedictorian and Salutatorian both received scholarships to Ivy League schools. Foley H.S. on the other hand didn't make their Annual Yearly Progress as mandated by the state.  How is the transfer really in the kid's best interest?

Also heard that he only obtained 7 credits toward graduation and needs another 9 to graduate.

Interesting commentary from today's issue of the PNJ:

COMMENTARY by Jason Blakeney, Assistant sports editor, Pensacola News Journal

Paige saga proving a sad story

I feel sorry for Darius Paige.

A young man described by those who know him best as a gentle giant, the former Washington High defensive tackle transferred to Foley (Ala.) High on Tuesday be­cause he wants to play football. And he wants to play for the University of Alabama. He wants to play for the Crimson Tide so badly that he and his family are willing to do whatever he’s told to get there — even move to another state, entire family in tow.

And that brings us to the current situa­tion.

According to Washington High coaches, Alabama assistant coach Jere­my Pruitt told Paige to trans­fer to Foley because Pruitt knows current Foley coach Todd Watson well, and Watson could make sure he’s taken care of academically.

That, however, can be in­terpreted many ways.

Because of Foley’s block scheduling system, Paige can earn eight credits during his senior year without any extra course work. To earn more than six credits at Washington, Paige would have to take at least one course at night.

Pruitt also could think Foley would provide a better support system for Paige’s academic development. Or it could raise suspicions that Pruitt expects Watson and other faculty mem­bers to give Paige the grades he needs to make it to Tusca­loosa — earned or not.

That’s not to say Watson would do so. None of this was his idea. He didn’t tell Paige to come to Foley. He didn’t with­draw the kid from Washington. He didn’t break a single rule that could lead to disciplinary action against his school.

The problem is Pruitt — according to Washington assis­tant coach George Schellang, who acted as interim head coach during the Wildcats’ recent coaching search — specifically wanted Paige at Foley.

If the block scheduling is the true reason for the move, Paige could have gone any­where in Baldwin County. All of them follow the same block scheduling and would offer the same academic opportunities provided by Foley.

But if you’re moving your entire family anyway, why stop in Baldwin County? Several counties in Alabama offer block scheduling that afford the same opportunity.

In the end, Paige and his family are making a move at the suggestion of a man who doesn’t have to live with its consequences. If Paige is ruled ineligible by the Alabama High School Athletic Association, his family has moved for nothing and Paige won’t get to play football during his senior year.

The transfer has alienated Paige from his former team­mates, damaging — and in some cases destroying — friendships built at Washington because the young men feel betrayed.

Pruitt’s not even bound to give Paige a scholarship when all is said and done. There’s no guarantee the Tide sticks by its scholarship offer, including simply that better players came along.

I hope things work out for Paige. I hope that the move is good for him, his family and their future. But a part of me is concerned that they’ve sold the farm to go into business with a snake oil salesman.

If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck, it’s prob­ably a duck. And the idea that something shady is going on with Jeremy Pruitt has legs, complete with webbed feet.

Looks like some folks don't like all this transferring some of these high profile kids are doing these days. 

Will be interesting to see how stuff like this is handled in the future. 

I know for a fact that one of the largest 6A high school's in a nearby county "recruits" players to play for them.  A local journalist wrote a scathing article about the system that particular school and it's coaches used to bring in transfers from neighboring counties for football. 

It's been happening so long that the local public high schools which used to be powerhouse football programs have fallen to the wayside, and can barely field a team now. 

Many highschools and jr high's are being pirated by the 6A programs in an effort to field championship teams.  They will do anything in their power to move families into the school zone to get these players eligible to play.  It's been happening for years in MontgomeryAutauga/Elmore counties.

A young man described by those who know him best as a gentle giant, the former Washington High defensive tackle transferred to Foley (Ala.) High on Tuesday be­cause he wants to play football. And he wants to play for the University of Alabama. He wants to play for the Crimson Tide so badly that he and his family are willing to do whatever he’s told to get there — even move to another state, entire family in tow.

According to Washington High coaches, Alabama assistant coach Jere­my Pruitt told Paige to trans­fer to Foley because Pruitt knows current Foley coach Todd Watson well, and Watson could make sure he’s taken care of academically.

Because of Foley’s block scheduling system, Paige can earn eight credits during his senior year without any extra course work. To earn more than six credits at Washington, Paige would have to take at least one course at night.

Pruitt also could think Foley would provide a better support system for Paige’s academic development. Or it could raise suspicions that Pruitt expects Watson and other faculty mem­bers to give Paige the grades he needs to make it to Tusca­loosa — earned or not.

That’s not to say Watson would do so. None of this was his idea. He didn’t tell Paige to come to Foley. He didn’t with­draw the kid from Washington. He didn’t break a single rule that could lead to disciplinary action against his school.

The problem is Pruitt — according to Washington assis­tant coach George Schellang, who acted as interim head coach during the Wildcats’ recent coaching search — specifically wanted Paige at Foley.

If the block scheduling is the true reason for the move, Paige could have gone any­where in Baldwin County. All of them follow the same block scheduling and would offer the same academic opportunities provided by Foley.

But if you’re moving your entire family anyway, why stop in Baldwin County? Several counties in Alabama offer block scheduling that afford the same opportunity.

In the end, Paige and his family are making a move at the suggestion of a man who doesn’t have to live with its consequences. If Paige is ruled ineligible by the Alabama High School Athletic Association, his family has moved for nothing and Paige won’t get to play football during his senior year.

The transfer has alienated Paige from his former team­mates, damaging — and in some cases destroying — friendships built at Washington because the young men feel betrayed.

Pruitt’s not even bound to give Paige a scholarship when all is said and done. There’s no guarantee the Tide sticks by its scholarship offer, including simply that better players came along.

I hope things work out for Paige. I hope that the move is good for him, his family and their future. But a part of me is concerned that they’ve sold the farm to go into business with a snake oil salesman.

If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck, it’s prob­ably a duck. And the idea that something shady is going on with Jeremy Pruitt has legs, complete with webbed feet.

Very good Op/ed.

Thank you for that.Good stuff.

Archived