UA Commit Darius Paige Possible Subject of NCAA Investigation...?

WarTiger6

One huge question here....if the kid has struggled to keep up over the first 3 years of high school, someone please explain to me how loading his plate up with extra credits and speeding up the education process is going to HELP him academically? 

(Note, I am from Baldwin County and fully understand how the block system works)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From WarBlogle: "WarBlogle.com ‏@WarBlogle

Read this till then. http://bit.ly/RpD2hp WE @rosscollings: I’m waiting on the Capstone Report’s writeup of the Dairius Page/Foley story."

"Quotable: Darius Paige transfer to Foley is “on the up-and-up”"

http://www.ibleedcrimsonred.com/2012/08/quotable-darius-paige-transfer-to-foley.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Did anyone else picture the Squidbillies in their head as they read, "Hell yeah...There ain't a damn thing they can do about it.."?

One huge question here....if the kid has struggled to keep up over the first 3 years of high school, someone please explain to me how loading his plate up with extra credits and speeding up the education process is going to HELP him academically? 

(Note, I am from Baldwin County and fully understand how the block system works)

This is a good point that I have often thought of.  How is the kid going to all of a sudden turn it on and make up a ton of credits in just one year?

Bingo!!!

Bingo!!!

It is a battle of perception, how it looks.

I guarantee that no one cares about this kids grades or anything else other than getting him to T-town next year without anyone asking any questions.

Bingo!!!

And all these begs the question, the giant elephant in the room......when are these high school coaches going to open their eyes and see what that filthy SPUAT is really all about and refuse to play ball with them on their campuses?  Inquiring minds want to know.....

I guarantee that no one cares about this kids grades or anything else other than getting him to T-town next year without anyone asking any questions.

Bingo!!!

Do they really need a 3* NG that bad?

Sounds like a lot of jumping through hoops to get a 3* eligible.  :dunno:

Bingo!!!

Sounds like a lot of jumping through hoops to get a 3* eligible.   :dunno:

Just imagime what they do for the 4*'s and 5*'s.

Bingo!!!

Where the heck are the squeelers in those cases? 

Honestly, I wish folks would keep this stuff to themselves until the kid actually gets to uat and plays a down on the field.  THEN something may be done about it. 

When these things get aired in the early stages of a kids recruitment, nothing seriously can be done.  It gives uat folks time to get things cleaned up. 

Just like the year Jeff Lee went public with Brent Calloway & Peaches.  Folks need to stop publicizing these things so early, just let time run it's course and then go public when the kid is a "player", then maybe the right folks at the NCAA will jump in and do something.

If folks really want uat to get punishment, then let them hang themselves.  Don't yank the noose away just when they are about to kick over the stool.

Bingo!!!

Where the heck are the squeelers in those cases? 

Honestly, I wish folks would keep this stuff to themselves until the kid actually gets to uat and plays a down on the field.  THEN something may be done about it. 

When these things get aired in the early stages of a kids recruitment, nothing seriously can be done.  It gives uat folks time to get things cleaned up. 

Just like the year Jeff Lee went public with Brent Calloway & Peaches.  Folks need to stop publicizing these things so early, just let time run it's course and then go public when the kid is a "player", then maybe the right folks at the NCAA will jump in and do something.

If folks really want uat to get punishment, then let them hang themselves.  Don't yank the noose away just when they are about to kick over the stool.

I do agree, but in this case it was a HS coach of his that is losing a good player. I think if more people come out and talk about their cheating ways, from people who have no ties to Auburn, then the NCAA will evetually have to do something. That is my hope anyways.

Jumping the gun on their schenanigans ain't getting any results though.

Can't keep on giving them time to clean their dirty laundry.  As this stands now today, they have the choice to walk away from this guy, or get everything passed through the NCAA/SEC/AHSAA, etc.  

It's like grabbing a thief right before he commits a crime.  He ends up running free and is able to live another and can go on rob someone else.  

Let them commit the crime/finish the job and then let the authorities deal with them in the aftermath.

We can only hope that the NCAA will put the bammers back on probation.

When folks keep outting their activities "before" the recruits are able to even make it to campus, they have time clean up the mess.  Or they can move on the the next HS kid and start all over.

We can only hope that the NCAA will put the bammers back on probation.

I just want the NCAA to force them to play by the rules. That isn't asking much IMO.

A fellow member asked me about this, here is my response (feel free to quote me on the new aufamily board as i will be out of town this weekend for the move and cant repost it):

I will say this Foley high has ever since julio jones and robert lester ran into a lot of money. I played with Julio and Robert, also with DJ Fluker who is now their RT but have no ties to this new guy. Foley has for every year since julio/robert has had a mid-major to major Div1 prospect transfer for their senior year. My senior year we had a brand new multi million dollor indoor practice feild built, major ubgrades to the football stadium (which could rival some div 2 team's stadiums, a new feild house, and other things like brand new under armour uni's every year which arent cheep at all. Everyone knows it is no secert foley high recruits players to come here for their senior year. I have no problem with that, I just want to know where all this money for all these upgrades to the football team's equitment, buildings, and such is coming from. I mean to sling no dirt because robert and DJ are generally cool guys and i dont think they every did anything agianst rules but julio on the other hand. He lived in the poorest part of town and drove a brand new SUV his senior year while being at the feild house working out all day 6 days a week? even if he had a job the only jobs in this area for anyone under 25ish is minimum wage 10-20 hour a week retail (going through this now my self) there is no way he nor his family could afford that SUV. I have seen grade changing first hand because I was a div1 "prospect" until I got injuried and i mean prospect as in i was getting looked at by schools but no real interactions besides a few handshakes and small talks so there is no doubt the other ones have gotten this weather they knew it or not, i caught it because I got 1 question wrong on my mid term in english but yet was given a 100 and when i asked i was told it must have been a "error" and was never corrected and the sad thing was was i made all a's and B's and they still bumbed them up, untill i got injuried then and had to go to rehab and missed school then i was denied makeup work because it "wasnt a resonable excuse" then my doctor filled on the school and basically came to a agreement i would be alowed to take the test i missed but thats another story within itself. there is alot of smoke in foley and in daphne and sooner or latter something will come out of it.

My response in the pm was longer but my phone can only copy a certian amount of text so i summed up the ending.

A fellow member asked me about this, here is my response (feel free to quote me on the new aufamily board as i will be out of town this weekend for the move and cant repost it):

I will say this Foley high has ever since julio jones and robert lester ran into a lot of money. I played with Julio and Robert, also with DJ Fluker who is now their RT but have no ties to this new guy. Foley has for every year since julio/robert has had a mid-major to major Div1 prospect transfer for their senior year. My senior year we had a brand new multi million dollor indoor practice feild built, major ubgrades to the football stadium (which could rival some div 2 team's stadiums, a new feild house, and other things like brand new under armour uni's every year which arent cheep at all. Everyone knows it is no secert foley high recruits players to come here for their senior year. I have no problem with that, I just want to know where all this money for all these upgrades to the football team's equitment, buildings, and such is coming from. I mean to sling no dirt because robert and DJ are generally cool guys and i dont think they every did anything agianst rules but julio on the other hand. He lived in the poorest part of town and drove a brand new SUV his senior year while being at the feild house working out all day 6 days a week? even if he had a job the only jobs in this area for anyone under 25ish is minimum wage 10-20 hour a week retail (going through this now my self) there is no way he nor his family could afford that SUV. I have seen grade changing first hand because I was a div1 "prospect" until I got injuried and i mean prospect as in i was getting looked at by schools but no real interactions besides a few handshakes and small talks so there is no doubt the other ones have gotten this weather they knew it or not, i caught it because I got 1 question wrong on my mid term in english but yet was given a 100 and when i asked i was told it must have been a "error" and was never corrected and the sad thing was was i made all a's and B's and they still bumbed them up, untill i got injuried then and had to go to rehab and missed school then i was denied makeup work because it "wasnt a resonable excuse" then my doctor filled on the school and basically came to a agreement i would be alowed to take the test i missed but thats another story within itself. there is alot of smoke in foley and in daphne and sooner or latter something will come out of it.

My response in the pm was longer but my phone can only copy a certian amount of text so i summed up the ending.

I have mentioned some things along these same lines as well on this board and some more specifics in some pms. Anyway, it is no coincidence at all that Foley got a multi million dollar practice facility and ugrades to their locker rooms and everything else after Julio in 2008. None whatsoever. The $100k+ donation to Dee Hart's high school is well known, and many know about the $500k anon donation to Cyrus K's, high school after his brother signed with bama and before Cyrus did. Then the fiasco that I have NEVER seen before when a high school coach refused to fax in the signed paperwork on NSD after a commit announced his decision on national tv. That was unreal.

Anyway, the Foley situation was obvious years ago. The Julio new ride is well known and it is known he was raised by his mother alone who worked a minimum wage job at the time. The story was a rich relative in OK paid cash for it. Any coincidence that the Jerrell Harris car had OK ties? I have no idea, but weird that two vehicles come from OK for two bama recruits the same year.

Anyway, if nothing has been done by now, nothing may be done period. I'm not really too worried about it. There is zero doubt however that bama boosters are giving high schools and others a lot of money to get recruits. Maybe it is just how it is done in college football now and the NCAA acts like they care but really don't. I dunno, but it is pretty obvious.

Anybody that lives in the state of Alabama can go visit the campuses of the big time 6A schools and they will see for themselves what kind of facilities these athletes are provided.  Prattville/Hoover/Spain Park/Daphne/Foley, etc.  Their facilites rival those of Jr College facilities.

I have not problem whatsoever if someone or some university is funneling money into these public high schools.  It's great for the school and for all of the other kids that don't get a big DivI scholarship to a big time SEC program.  The facilities are utilized by every athlete.  The high schools thrive and stay alive because of donations.

When you look at those schools I listed above and compare them to the likes of Jeff Davis and Robert E Lee high schools here in Montgomery, you see first hand what happens to a program and to a school when the money flow stops.  Back 20-25 years ago Robert E Lee and JDavis were the powerhouse schools in this state, both AU & UA recruited heavily from them and those schools saw upgrades and cash coming into the school regularly.  The community embraced the programs and parents and politicians made sure the school got anything they needed.

Now, both of those schools are hard pressed to field a team.  The facilites are trash, out dated, worn out and there is little to no community involvement.  All of the classrooms and all buildings look to be ready to cave in they are in such disrepair.  It's a shame to think back at what they used to be and see them now. :(

Anybody that lives in the state of Alabama can go visit the campuses of the big time 6A schools and they will see for themselves what kind of facilities these athletes are provided.  Prattville/Hoover/Spain Park/Daphne/Foley, etc.  Their facilites rival those of Jr College facilities.

I have not problem whatsoever if someone or some university is funneling money into these public high schools.  It's great for the school and for all of the other kids that don't get a big DivI scholarship to a big time SEC program.  The facilities are utilized by every athlete.  The high schools thrive and stay alive because of donations.

When you look at those schools I listed above and compare them to the likes of Jeff Davis and Robert E Lee high schools here in Montgomery, you see first hand what happens to a program and to a school when the money flow stops.  Back 20-25 years ago Robert E Lee and JDavis were the powerhouse schools in this state, both AU & UA recruited heavily from them and those schools saw upgrades and cash coming into the school regularly.  The community embraced the programs and parents and politicians made sure the school got anything they needed.

Now, both of those schools are hard pressed to field a team.  The facilites are trash, out dated, worn out and there is little to no community involvement.  All of the classrooms and all buildings look to be ready to cave in they are in such disrepair.  It's a shame to think back at what they used to be and see them now. :(

My Uncle and I were just talking about this, it is a shame.

Seems like this story is receiving some attention.  My guess is that the kid will either 1) end up not transfering, or 2) attempt to transfer and not be eligible.  I'd imagine that this is probably being watched a little more closely now by the powers that be.  I don't think there is anyway this kid ends up at Foley now.  If he does, a full investigation could start and I'm sure the results wouldn't be pretty.

i caught it because I got 1 question wrong on my mid term in english

That's unbelievable!   ;D

Thanks PowerOfDixie, I laughed!

Seems like this story is receiving some attention.  My guess is that the kid will either 1) end up not transfering, or 2) attempt to transfer and not be eligible.  I'd imagine that this is probably being watched a little more closely now by the powers that be.  I don't think there is anyway this kid ends up at Foley now.  If he does, a full investigation could start and I'm sure the results wouldn't be pretty.

I thought he had already transferred. But he may have difficulty being eligible now that this has been brought out in the open.

Archived