UA Commit Darius Paige Possible Subject of NCAA Investigation...?

WarTiger6

Anybody that lives in the state of Alabama can go visit the campuses of the big time 6A schools and they will see for themselves what kind of facilities these athletes are provided.  Prattville/Hoover/Spain Park/Daphne/Foley, etc.  Their facilites rival those of Jr College facilities.

I have not problem whatsoever if someone or some university is funneling money into these public high schools.  It's great for the school and for all of the other kids that don't get a big DivI scholarship to a big time SEC program.  The facilities are utilized by every athlete.  The high schools thrive and stay alive because of donations.

When you look at those schools I listed above and compare them to the likes of Jeff Davis and Robert E Lee high schools here in Montgomery, you see first hand what happens to a program and to a school when the money flow stops.  Back 20-25 years ago Robert E Lee and JDavis were the powerhouse schools in this state, both AU & UA recruited heavily from them and those schools saw upgrades and cash coming into the school regularly.  The community embraced the programs and parents and politicians made sure the school got anything they needed.

Now, both of those schools are hard pressed to field a team.  The facilites are trash, out dated, worn out and there is little to no community involvement.  All of the classrooms and all buildings look to be ready to cave in they are in such disrepair.  It's a shame to think back at what they used to be and see them now. :(

JD and Robert Lee are two schools I would never send my kids to - In fact - that is one reason we bought a house in Prattville

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody that lives in the state of Alabama can go visit the campuses of the big time 6A schools and they will see for themselves what kind of facilities these athletes are provided.  Prattville/Hoover/Spain Park/Daphne/Foley, etc.  Their facilites rival those of Jr College facilities.

I have not problem whatsoever if someone or some university is funneling money into these public high schools.  It's great for the school and for all of the other kids that don't get a big DivI scholarship to a big time SEC program.  The facilities are utilized by every athlete.  The high schools thrive and stay alive because of donations.

When you look at those schools I listed above and compare them to the likes of Jeff Davis and Robert E Lee high schools here in Montgomery, you see first hand what happens to a program and to a school when the money flow stops.  Back 20-25 years ago Robert E Lee and JDavis were the powerhouse schools in this state, both AU & UA recruited heavily from them and those schools saw upgrades and cash coming into the school regularly.  The community embraced the programs and parents and politicians made sure the school got anything they needed.

Now, both of those schools are hard pressed to field a team.  The facilites are trash, out dated, worn out and there is little to no community involvement.  All of the classrooms and all buildings look to be ready to cave in they are in such disrepair.  It's a shame to think back at what they used to be and see them now. :(

My Uncle and I were just talking about this, it is a shame.

I agree.  My son went to school and played football for 1 year at Lee.  Luckily, he was offered a scholarship to finish up his high school days at a private school...as long as he played two sports. 

JD and Robert Lee are two schools I would never send my kids to - In fact - that is one reason we bought a house in Prattville

You did what a TON of families did from Montgomery.  I'm paying thirty grand a year to send two to private school here.  >:(

There's some shady stuff that goes on at some of these big time highschool's in Alabama, living in P'ville you know what I'm talking about.  ;)

You did what a TON of families did from Montgomery.  I'm paying thirty grand a year to send two to private school here.  >:(

There's some shady stuff that goes on at some of these big time highschool's in Alabama, living in P'ville you know what I'm talking about.  ;)

Crooked as a mile of grapevine.

Archived