Pat Dye Interview

DyeEraTiger

Heard this am that CPD said that we are a year away from playing with a full deck. Could someone elaborate please? I haven't seen any interview info. Just heard it on 740 am.

Heard this am that CPD said that we are a year away from playing with a full deck. Could someone elaborate please? I haven't seen any interview info. Just heard it on 740 am.

I spent an hour with him Saturday...he just means with maturity and experience.

He believes with the incoming class especially we have all the pieces.

Look at the roster.  Our 2-deep will have maybe nine seniors out of forty-four players.  Almost  all of them will be replaced by someone as good or better.  The other thirty-five will have another year of growth, experience, maturity and Yoxercise.  Add to that an exceptional class of incoming freshmen and we should be good to go.  If this year's team could be ranked around 15th, next year should be top 5.

i liked coach dye when they asked him how long it would take to beat bama and he said sixty minutes. also the fact he finally got bama to come to our house to play which the bama folks swore they would never do. also my step father was dying of lung cancer and dye sent him a package of stuff. good man.

I spent an hour with him Saturday...he just means with maturity and experience.

He believes with the incoming class especially we have all the pieces.

thx Dad. Although similar line of thought expressed on AE are seemingly frowned upon. CPD is calling it like he sees it and I agree. Still, we have the potential to compete for the west THIS year. As we all know, those same cards can play in our favor no matter how the hand looks sometimes.

Will post the same in both threads.  The quote below says 8-5 to me.

Auburn could surprise "if one of (the quarterbacks) were to come through and have a super year," he said, "but I think it's a football team that's probably going to win some games they shouldn't and lose some they should win."

Auburn could surprise "if one of (the quarterbacks) were to come through and have a super year," he said, "but I think it's a football team that's probably going to win some games they shouldn't and lose some they should win."

I tend to agree but thats why they play the games. Its hard to tell til those final scores are posted.

Actually kinda Vanilla really, you can say that about 99% of the teams in the NCAA, well except some of the Directional schools.

Sometimes all it takes is for the light to come on for a few players while the team on the other side of the field has unexpected problems. For instance, some of our strong competitors might be an injury or two away from being average, who knows how things are going to play out?

Sometimes all it takes is for the light to come on for a few players while the team on the other side of the field has unexpected problems. For instance, some of our strong competitors might be an injury or two away from being average, who knows how things are going to play out?

You are right.  With bama's backup qb transferring, if their starter goes down, they could have big problems.

You are right.  With bama's backup qb transferring, if their starter goes down, they could have big problems.

Very true - and if LSU's new QB Mettsiah doesn't pan out like they hope and pray he will, who have they got to replace him?  If Arky's QB Wilson goes out, who they got? 

Every team in the SEC that's ranked in the pre-season top is just one injury away from potetial disaster.

qbdad, you nailed last years season, what are your expectations this year? (and yes i am the guy not expecting keihl to start against clemson, but rewrite all the record books for au)

qbdad, you nailed last years season, what are your expectations this year? (and yes i am the guy not expecting keihl to start against clemson, but rewrite all the record books for au)

Well seeing as Mosely only threw one pass in this scrimmage and didn't really participate in the spring I don't see how he is still possibly pushing for the starting job. So if Frazier isn't going to start and Mosely hasn't been throwing then are you expecting Wallace to start? If that is the case how is Frazier gonna rewrite the record books?

Just giving you something to think about  :we:

I've been real encouraged to hear about Wallace's performance thus far. 

For real.  Especially with some of our recent issues, it's nice to hear that he seems to have his head screwed on straight. 

Archived