Fast Notes, 8/8/12 UPDATE: 10:05 a.m., Thursday, 8/9/12

Elephant Tipper

I know this is the first scrimmage....but I was hoping to hear a little more positive news than this.  Has me a little worried....especially about the offense. 

How does a guy named "Coolmello" (Which has two insinuations of remaining calm) over react to something that was second hand information? Even if it is accurate it is only the first scrimmage. You may be in need of a screen name change.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this is the first scrimmage....but I was hoping to hear a little more positive news than this.  Has me a little worried....especially about the offense. 

The WRs run faster when the game time comes so the QBs have to adjust. plus i think our dline is very good so the pressure was probably very intense. if they are still doing bad around 2 or 3 weeks now then ill be worried....first scrimmage of the fall isnt always pretty

I hope they actually did better then the coaches are saying....inconsistent passing, not physical enough running.  Sounds alot like last year to me.  What are the chances the Defense is just that good.  Of course the defense normally comes together quicker than the offense.  Seems to me that this time last year were some more positives thrown out there about the first scrimmage then this.  Could be differences of coaches as well.  Hopefully Saturday is better.  War Eagle

‏@JHokanson

The starting OL in today's scrimmage, per players, was LT Greg Robinson, LG Jordan Diamond, C Reese Dismukes, RG Alex Kozan, RT Chad Slade.

Anyone else surprise Westy did not start?

‏@JHokanson

The starting OL in today's scrimmage, per players, was LT Greg Robinson, LG Jordan Diamond, C Reese Dismukes, RG Alex Kozan, RT Chad Slade.

as i recall he was on and off during the spring im surprised that  p.miller isnt a freshman starting

Justin Hokanson ‏@JHokanson

Joel A. Erickson ‏@wareagleextra

Robinson also said Onterio McCalebb, Sammie Coates, Jovon Robinson and Mike Blakely made plays today. #Auburn

Joel A. Erickson ‏@wareagleextra

Jovon Robinson runs with "some power" according to Greg Robinson

‏@JHokanson

My guess is he's nicked up a little bit, as is John Sullen. Our coaching staff is so tight lipped about this stuff it's hard to know anything, really.

I am pretty sure he has been at practice....just have not heard anything about him.  Maybe he is "in Coach Chiz's doghouse"????

He is practicing.  Like all Freshmen, he is learning.  

Justin Hokanson ‏@JHokanson

MLB Jake Holland said he had his best scrimmage under the new defensive system.

He needs to ....that little chill running up his spine is mr.chickfila himself coming for jake's spot

Guest Tigereagle03

I heard only 1 td today long run by mccalebb

Post a link or it didn't happen....Not to say that your info is not correct, but the rest of the world would like to know where your info is coming from and if it is accurate. I, for one, am waiting on 247 and ET to update with info.

So my info was correct only 1 td and it was by mccaleb?

Post a link or it didn't happen....Not to say that your info is not correct, but the rest of the world would like to know where your info is coming from and if it is accurate. I, for one, am waiting on 247 and ET to update with info.

th?id=I4878340479976284&pid=1.7&w=149&h=139&c=7&rs=1   :laugh:

Just teasing.

I have heard that Kozan mentally has been one of the quickest to understand what he needs to and that is been pretty physical. Overall though interesting to see Diamond and Kozan ahead of Sullen and Westerman. I wasn't surprised Sullen wasn't starting because of his injury but I thought Westerman would be with the ones.

Really glad to hear Holland had a good day. Rumors are he did a very good job commanding the defense. Still had a few lineup problems but nothing to bad.

Also it looks like Blakely might be that guy behind Mason and not Grant. Although from the interviews it sounds like Grant is ok with being the playmaker on ST this season if it comes to that. I haven't heard anything on how Tre did in the scrimmage.

Let's try not to overreact too much to the first scrimmage. The defense should be ahead of the offense and timing should be a struggle and should tackling be in the first real live action. The important part is for the guys to get better something we didn't do last year

I am pretty sure he has been at practice....just have not heard anything about him.  Maybe he is "in Coach Chiz's doghouse"????

Please, anything but .....not the dreaded "Doghouse"

You can't have the coaches both come back saying we did excellent...

Reason: If the offense completely dominated and did exceptionally well then the defense would have sucked and obviously got a bad grade.

The same goes the other way around. I wouldn't worry. The quality and talent we have is skyrocketing. I trust our coaches.

Thanks for the link.  :-\

Thanks for the link.  :-\

page 1 of this thread at 7:30 p.m.- "* Onterio McCalebb ran 65 yards for a touchdown on a speed sweep on the third 1 vs. 1 possession. "

Archived