Fast Notes, 8/8/12 UPDATE: 10:05 a.m., Thursday, 8/9/12

Elephant Tipper

Is Clint Moseley still hampered by his shoulder?

edit:  I saw in a practice report that he is hampered. He may not be able to play effectively this season and that would give us only Frazier and Wallace as scholarship qbs able to play.  :(

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before some people get too worried, its important to remember something. The comments being made by the coaches are relative to the standards they have set. I think there are higher standards this year by the OC and DC Coordinators for what is an acceptable level of performance compared to last year. In addition, both Loeffler and Van Gorder are very detail oriented Coaches and will hold the players accountable to their standards down to the smallest detail. 

Coaches setting higher standards, coaching the players down to the smallest detail and observing the detailed mistakes are going to make a huge difference. Keep it all in perspective.     

Guest Tigereagle03

I heard only 1 td today long run by mccalebb

Post a link or it didn't happen....Not to say that your info is not correct, but the rest of the world would like to know where your info is coming from and if it is accurate. I, for one, am waiting on 247 and ET to update with info.

So my info was correct only 1 td and it was by mccaleb?

Thanks for the link.  :-\

haha there was no link..

Post a link or it didn't happen....Not to say that your info is not correct, but the rest of the world would like to know where your info is coming from and if it is accurate. I, for one, am waiting on 247 and ET to update with info.

haha there was no link..

Wow. You're a quick one.   :laugh:

Guest jrljr

‏@JHokanson

The starting OL in today's scrimmage, per players, was LT Greg Robinson, LG Jordan Diamond, C Reese Dismukes, RG Alex Kozan, RT Chad Slade.

Anyone else surprise Westy did not start?

Yeah E! First thought was maybe they know what he can do at guard and need to see if JD could as well. If so, and it's purely speculation, we decide that we could get away with not signing a guard unless we get KR, thus allowing us to take Luper. JMO

I like that our coaches are being harsh on the players. I hope they get themselves together and fix these things up relatively soon.

haha there was no link..

Wow. You're a quick one.   :laugh:

Screw the cowboys, where have all the nice people gone?

Internet links aren't the holy grail, dude.  They don't even mean that something actually happened.  He could've been told first hand right after the scrimmage from somebody that was there.  I would prefer for people to share that kind of info, but if all you want is tweets then by all means hang out on twitter with the other cool people.  Maybe we should start typing non-linked info in green or something to avoid offending some people's sensibilities.  Or here's a better thought!  We could just be pleasant to each other like good little Auburn brothers and sisters while we wait on ET to give us all the tweets and articles we can handle. 

BTW, thanks ET, ellitor, A4E and you too tiger eagle for the info.

Some more notes from a friend that was there. Some of this we have read but there is some elaboration on some things that were a concern...

Onterio looked good. Holland looked good surprisingly. Dline is best in conference, lots of sacks. They blew the whistle when they got to the qb.  Frazier looked solid. He did have some bad throws but he will get that fixed. Blakely is our best rb. He showed that last night. Jovon Robinson is huge and runs good. The starting OL had 2 freshman at guards in.Diamond Kozan. And don't read into the freshman starting at guard tonight. Just getting them reps due to we dont have alot of depth there. Westerman and Sullen will start if sullen is healthy.

Some more notes from a friend that was there. Some of this we have read but there is some elaboration on some things that were a concern...

Onterio looked good. Holland looked good surprisingly. Dline is best in conference, lots of sacks. They blew the whistle when they got to the qb.  Frazier looked solid. He did have some bad throws but he will get that fixed. Blakely is our best rb. He showed that last night. Jovon Robinson is huge and runs good. The starting OL had 2 freshman at guards in.Diamond Kozan. And don't read into the freshman starting at guard tonight. Just getting them reps due to we dont have alot of depth there. Westerman and Sullen will start if sullen is healthy.

Enjoyed everybody's notes and efforts.

Wow who would have guessed that the current starting OL would be Robinson, Diamond, Dismukes, Kozan, and Slade. Wonder if it will be the same starting five come Saturday? I knew Diamond came in with the size to play right away so I guess he isn't so surprising but never would have guessed that Kozan was getting so much attention. Good for him! I do wonder if Westerman is still dealing with being banged up from the spring or if he is having problems mentally adjusting to the new offense??

It was good to hear Holland had a good practice. We need him to stay healthy and play big this year.

Everybody compared Coates to Julio when he first came in and it is sounding like it may be a spot on comparison. Great size and speed but questionable hands. Hope Coates continues to work hard on that. Nothing worse then a reciever that can get open but can't catch the ball.

8 or 9 sacks by the defense in 65 plays! Not sure if I am really excited about our DL or really worried about our OL. We'll have to keep an eye on those sack stats as more scrimmages happen. I hope our OL gets a bit better at stopping the D from getting in the backfield.

Hopefully Fraziers struggles had more to do with just being too hyped up for the first scrimmage and he'll settle in a bit over the next couple of weeks. The fact that Mosely is still hurting and not throwing and the QB competition is still open doesn't look good on the surface. I wonder if Wallace is really pushing for the starting spot?

All in all not a bad first scrimmage from the sounds of things. Few things to worry about and a few things to get excited about. Just have to see where it goes from here  :we:

That is good to hear IMO. Thanks for relaying the info. Nice to have a little elaboration on things. Also glad to hear Frazier looked better then the coaches made out.

Ellitor-speak is so much better than coach-speak.  I hope Holland keeps coming along well.  Our LBs coming along is the next step to DEFENSIVE NASTINESS!

never would have guessed that Kozan was getting so much attention. Good for him! I do wonder if Westerman is still dealing with being banged up from the spring or if he is having problems mentally adjusting to the new offense??

From what I have been told Kozan is picking things up very fast on a mental level and Westy is still dinged up a bit.

I wonder if Wallace is really pushing for the starting spot?
No but I have been told he may push Moseley for #2.

No but I have been told he may push Moseley for #2.

It is probably more like if Moseley can't go, Frazier is #1 and Wallace is #2 by default.

I am not sure. I am just relaying my friend's opinion from what he saw yesterday.

No way 8 or 9 sacks is a good thing for the team as a whole.  Our DL has lots of promise, but that has to be about the maturity and meshing of the OL.  There's no accounting for how much you need your offensive linemen to be getting reps together.

No way 8 or 9 sacks is a good thing for the team as a whole.  Our DL has lots of promise, but that has to be about the maturity and meshing of the OL.  There's no accounting for how much you need your offensive linemen to be getting reps together.

I agree.

But sometimes these things are more about the matchups the coaches choose for whatever reason. For instance, we have inexperienced players on the offensive line and running back spot. Might be they wanted to see how/teach lineman and/or running backs picked up blitz's, etc?

I agree.

But sometimes these things are more about the matchups the coaches choose for whatever reason. For instance, we have inexperienced players on the offensive line and running back spot. Might be they wanted to see how/teach lineman and/or running backs picked up blitz's, etc?

Agree. It's my understanding that a number of the sacks in yesterday's scrimmage were attributed to the LB's. Great indication of what to expect from BVG's more aggressive defensive strategy.

Archived