Auburn Eagle, Goodbye Ole Girl

Weegle777

Does anyone know how many members they have? And how much time before we switch over to that site?

As of last night AUF had 9,482 members.  They have been operating the site for almost ten years.  AE has 11,343 members and has been operating for 3 years and 9 months.   The new site will have more than any other Auburn site with over 20,000 members.  

Both sites should shut down around 5PM today (Friday).  The new site should be up Monday morning.  We hope to have updates over the weekend on the Facebook page, AUFAMILY, and on twitter @AUFAMILY, as to the status.  

I'm sure these questions have already been answered somewhere but are we all just starting from scratch over there? Like will AE members have to sign up for AUF ? And what about our mods... Will they still retain their Stalin-like power over there? If not, I'm totally going to pitch a fit.

1. No 2. No 3. Not sure

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been posting over here about a year as a refuge from al dot com after I finally couldn't stand dealing with the bammer trash anymore. It has been great talking college football in general and Auburn football in particular with fellow Auburn folks in a sane and civil fashion. I hope that that is possible on this merged site... I guess I will find out shortly.

You really need to stop with talk like that.  This is not the end of AE...This is a new beginning that will take us higher than anywhere we have ever been.  This is not an end to AE, it is just a morph to a bigger better site.

Love my AU brothers and sisters...this is NOT the end of AE...it is our new beginning.

:wedance:

I hope you are right, but I have become very comfortable here and I really like and trust the moderators even when I disagree with them on something.

You really need to stop with talk like that.  This is not the end of AE...This is a new beginning that will take us higher than anywhere we have ever been.  This is not an end to AE, it is just a morph to a bigger better site.

Love my AU brothers and sisters...this is NOT the end of AE...it is our new beginning.

:wedance:

I hope you are right, but I have become very comfortable here and I really like and trust the moderators even when I disagree with them on something.

So you actually agree with our MODS at times?

I came over to this site from CBS sportsline(UGH....) when AE was in its infancy. Here's a funny link:

http://www.auburneagle.com/WEAForum/index.php?topic=1442.0

I was looking for a site that kept the trolls out & allowed AU fans/alums to converse freely, without interruption, and most importantly, without bama fans & their nasty attitudes. Thanks goes to all the MODS & "insiders" & creators of this site.

I have used AUFAMILY before after the 2010 season to get bit-torrent downloads of all the games from that season & I can tell all of you that the site is very nice & we will be happy over there. But, my sentiments for this site, the way it is now, will never change. I will miss it. But, I got rid of an old habit in CBS Sportsline for a better one in AE, & I very much enjoyed it. The new site will surely treat me the same. Look forward to seeing you guys on the other side!

War Eagle!

So do we have to rejoin or will everything be transferred over?

you have to do nothing, but sign in on Monday at aufamily.com.  They couldn't have made it any easier for us

I too am mostly a "lurker" here.  I live in Nebraska and have two kids who are Huskers now.  There's not much AU news out here so I've really enjoyed having this site to keep me informed about recruiting, etc.  I don't have any access to insider info out here and therefore don't contribute to the recruiting discussions, but I sure do appreciate what many of you bring to the table!!  I'm hoping that the new site will keep up the standards that AE has upheld.  Thanks guys and War Eagle!!

you have to do nothing, but sign in on Monday at aufamily.com.  They couldn't have made it any easier for us

Thank You.

I've been here since 2009 and I have always wondered how many people were here when I became a member. Doesn't matter but just always wanted to see just how much it has grown since I first got here. It's the last night on here so I figured I'd say this just to see if there was anybody who had any way of knowing how many members we had in 2009.

there were about 1500 when you joined in...about 180 when I did.

You can also just sign in here like you always do.  You will be redirected to the new site automatically. 

You can also just sign in here like you always do.  You will be redirected to the new site automatically. 

I hope they change to the AE layout. AE is so much more colorful and inviting for web traffic.

As you can tell by my post count, I do not post very often. However, I spend time reading all of your banter every day. Through 2 screen names I have been a member since 2009 and hope the new sites brings as much pleasure as AE. Thanks to all the people that gave insight, clarity, and humor.  I am confident the legacy of AE will live and grow exponentially in the new name and venture.  

Someone needs to start a thread of what will be the best first thread to start on AUFamily like:

Lache Seatrunk rumored to be visiting AU

A goofy Big Bird thread that you read with anticipation of something good but is good for.....well nothing

Etc.

I've been here since 2009 and I have always wondered how many people were here when I became a member. Doesn't matter but just always wanted to see just how much it has grown since I first got here. It's the last night on here so I figured I'd say this just to see if there was anybody who had any way of knowing how many members we had in 2009.

there were about 1500 when you joined in...about 180 when I did.

cool, I knew it was not a huge amount of people here when I joined. Like a good majority of us I was so happy getting away from AL.com. The trolls/turds over there made it so unbearable. It's been a real interesting trip watching this site grow in to what it has.

I'm late in expressing my sincere thanks to ST and the mods at AE.  Your site has been an excellent source of good information, collaboration, and commiseration with the Auburn family since I joined almost exactly 3 years ago.  I know that what you guys started will not stop in this transition and that you will make the AUFamily Board that much better, but I wanted to at least thank you as purely AE on this last day while I can.  War Eagle!  You have done the greater Auburn Family a tremendous service!

=1442.0]http://www.auburneagle.com/WEAForum/index.php?topic=1442.0[/url]

I was looking for a site that kept the trolls out & allowed AU fans/alums to converse freely, without interruption, and most importantly, without bama fans & their nasty attitudes. Thanks goes to all the MODS & "insiders" & creators of this site.

As stated above, Auburn Eagle is a site you can visit and enjoy most every topic and post.  

Thanks to the members for being so civil and for the Mods for keeping out the trash.

Thanks to everyone for all the info, insight, and inside news.

War Eagle to all.

:wareagle:

Long time viewer and reader. I haven't posted very much over the years, but I get a lot of info here and follow closely daily.

It may just be me, but I went to the AUFamily site and found very little useful or up to date info. Everything seemed to be at least two days old and some of it was much older. Hopefully after everything is merged we can begin to infuse the new site with our wit, wisdom and daily updates. So far I am not impressed with what I see, but then I have been spoiled here.

Anticipating a bright future.

Well it has been a very pleasant and fun ride being apart of the ORIGINAL AE FAMILY! I joined the AUfamily

a few months ago to see how they stacked up to AE and I have signed in over there only a very few times and have never posted over there. However I am going to try this merger with a positive attitude and  an open mind. I am no sunshine pumper but I BELIEVE if we ALL carry on as if nothing has changed, this will be a epic topic in the future.

I will value my AE t-shirt and I hope new ones are in the making for the merger of the AUFamily!

TeboneAU signing off as a member of AE!  :hellyeah:

Long time viewer and reader. I haven't posted very much over the years, but I get a lot of info here and follow closely daily.

It may just be me, but I went to the AUFamily site and found very little useful or up to date info. Everything seemed to be at least two days old and some of it was much older. Hopefully after everything is merged we can begin to infuse the new site with our wit, wisdom and daily updates. So far I am not impressed with what I see, but then I have been spoiled here.

Anticipating a bright future.

I've got a feeling when this AE bunch hits that site full force, that the speed of info will be just like it is here.

I can't imagine AUFamily being better than this place, but I intend to give it a shot.  

Haha!!!!! Just looking thru some of my old posts & found this jewel. I think you guys were on to something...

http://www.auburneagle.com/WEAForum/index.php?topic=11381.0

Thanks for that! I got a good chuckle reading it.

Priceless. Most of us, even RED, were trying to cool down the Cam hype machine. It was unstoppable though!

Archived