Auburn Eagle, Goodbye Ole Girl

Weegle777

Thank you for everything! I have only been on here for a year and a half but have been an Auburn fan all of my life.  Thank you for this board Scott!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been here since 2009 and I have always wondered how many people were here when I became a member. Doesn't matter but just always wanted to see just how much it has grown since I first got here. It's the last night on here so I figured I'd say this just to see if there was anybody who had any way of knowing how many members we had in 2009.

http://www.auburneagle.com/WEAForum/index.php?action=stats

I'll let you do the math

I joined AE when looking through Rivals I saw a 5* QB that AU shold go after..... anyway this was the only place I could find recruiting info. Not long after we signed him and you know the rest.... :party: From the "insiders" to the people WHO LOVED TO YELL EVERYTHING, from Bird and Golf's rants, ST and AU Domination, the one meet and greet we had (S/O to auwrangler!) the epic threads, the rollercoaster rides of recruiting and the in-season stories.....good stuff on AE.

Anyway Mayor :laugh: what happened to that guy? Oh and yes midnight had me crying laughing many times, anyway its been a great place and I still have my t-shirt!

War Cam Auburn Eagle!!!!!!!

With apologies to Bocephus:

"If AUFAMILY ain't a lot like Auburn Eagle, I really don't wanna go there!"

:we:

With apologies to Bocephus:

"If AUFAMILY ain't a lot like Auburn Eagle, I really don't wanna go there!"

:we:

AMEN!!  I'm sad to see this site go. It feels like it has become a part of me. See you guys on AUFamily  :we:

I have been reading these forums for a little bit now. I do not post much but enjoy reading. The little time I have spent here was tremendous. I am excited for the new chapter.

Rock on everyone and  :wedance:

If nothing else, it will be fun watching a whole new group of people reacting to auburn4ever's endless talk about orange facemasks and expanding JHS!

I always said I would never spend too much time on the net or post on a message board. Only the craziest and loneliest fans did that, or so I thought. Well almost 40 full days and over 2000 post later I was wrong...or just a bit crazy and lonely  ;). This has been the only place I have ever felt comfortable posting what I thought. Thanks boys and girls for the memories. Here's to the next chapter. 

Does anyone know how many members they have? And how much time before we switch over to that site?

Starting tomorrow I believe at 5PM CT they are going to start the merge to AUFamily. They hope to be mostly complete with it by Monday.

I've been here since 2009 and I have always wondered how many people were here when I became a member. Doesn't matter but just always wanted to see just how much it has grown since I first got here. It's the last night on here so I figured I'd say this just to see if there was anybody who had any way of knowing how many members we had in 2009.

http://www.auburneagle.com/WEAForum/index.php?action=stats

I'll let you do the math

Well, I've been mostly lurking since January 2010 and I just wanted to say thanks to ST for the vision. I can't remember what brought me here that month but I'm glad I did. Good night AE.

By the way, I hope britt keeps his sig on the other side!  ;D

WDE

I don't post that often, but as some have said, the posts on here have caused me to laugh, spew my coffee, say a few prayers for fellow members, and just enjoy the exchanges.

While I suspect the new deal will have some of the same, it won't quite be like AE. I will still wear my AE T-shirts and remember what this site was.

Thanks to all of the Mods for making it a great site!  :wedance:

I don't post too much so I hope this change won't be a big deal.  Most here a very intelligent and even with opposing views you can learn from other people because of well thought out opinions.  I will admit though I didn't like somebody telling me when to stop talking or deciding for me what to say, or basically telling me to shut up and just move on just because they have more posts or been here longer or whatever so hopefully you can say what you want to say as long as you're not bashing kids or whatnot  Hopefully it will be a smooth transition and everybody remains happy.  I know though if you're a big dog at one site and used to having authority and you don't have the same authority at another site it may take some getting used to.

I have enjoyed reading and posting on occasion here. The one thing I have appreciated is the family friendly atmosphere, not as much foul language and hatred being spewed, mostly only out of frustration on game threads. I have also appreciated how people genuinely seem to care and pray for one another when there is a need. I hope the new place will be the same, appreciate all that others have done to make this a very good and informative place for all things Auburn.

I'm gonna keep it short and sweet... This site has been amazing and I can only hope the next one is half of what AE was.

Catch y'all on the flip side...

Does anyone know how many members they have? And how much time before we switch over to that site?

As of last night AUF had 9,482 members.  They have been operating the site for almost ten years.  AE has 11,343 members and has been operating for 3 years and 9 months.   The new site will have more than any other Auburn site with over 20,000 members.  

Both sites should shut down around 5PM today (Friday).  The new site should be up Monday morning.  We hope to have updates over the weekend on the Facebook page, AUFAMILY, and on twitter @AUFAMILY, as to the status.  

AUFamily has no idea what level of madness, laughter, and insanity is about to hit them do they!  :laugh::thumbsup:

Like an Orange and Blue brick of awesomeness to the face!!  We comin guys!  War Eagle and I'll see everybody over there. 

This feels like when your wife finally makes you throw away that favorite shirt from college.  The one with the holy pit-stained armpits and the beer stains that got you through so many games.  But then she gets you a new one and you eventually grow into it.  kind of. 

Well guys it was nice chatting with you and I hope to continue on AUFAMILY but I have to say that I am alittle nervous. I checked out the sire and it just does not feel like home to me.  NOt sure if anyone else feels the same or not. Maybe I just need some time on the site to get acclimated to it because it just feels foreign right now.   Either way I have loved this site and appreciate deeply all the hard work that has gone into it. I may not know any of you personally but am glad to say that you are all seem to be good people and I am proud to call you my Auburn Family.  Now lets go to AUFAMILY and show them how we do.   WE COMING!!!

Ah...fitting that post # 2000 is my last one on AE.  

Considering that I've now spent 20 hours of my life enjoying the mostly good natured give and take on this site, I kinda fear what some people are telling me is going to be "better"......but I guess it's possible.  

Hope to see you folks on the other side...so to speak.    :'(

TJ

I will most definitely miss this place. This is not the first Auburn site I ever used. Once I found it, and started using it which is two different events, I quickly realized it was by far the best site, not just Auburn site, on the intra-highway. Thank you to all the ADMIN., MODS, and members who have brought me countless hours of information and entertainment. A E will be missed, but never forgotten, by me. Just like certain era's, sadly this one is ending, but it doesn't mean another great era can't begin.

War Eagle to all of my A E brother's and siter's!!!!!

As of last night AUF had 9,482 members.  They have been operating the site for almost ten years.  AE has 11,343 members and has been operating for 3 years and 9 months.   The new site will have more than any other Auburn site with over 20,000 members.  

Both sites should shut down around 5PM today (Friday).  The new site should be up Monday morning.  We hope to have updates over the weekend on the Facebook page, AUFAMILY, and on twitter @AUFAMILY, as to the status.  

I'm sure these questions have already been answered somewhere but are we all just starting from scratch over there? Like will AE members have to sign up for AUF ? And what about our mods... Will they still retain their Stalin-like power over there? If not, I'm totally going to pitch a fit.

Monday?  :'( Well at least I guess I’ll get some work done around the house this weekend.  :-\

Archived