Auburn Eagle, Goodbye Ole Girl

Weegle777

You really need to stop with talk like that.  This is not the end of AE...This is a new beginning that will take us higher than anywhere we have ever been.  This is not an end to AE, it is just a morph to a bigger better site.

Love my AU brothers and sisters...this is NOT the end of AE...it is our new beginning.

:wedance:

MERGER=One Company nicely taking over another company. It's still corprate take over, not a combining of the 2. AE dies today at 5pm. No matter how good the other site will become in the future. AE dies today. and it's not a morph in to a bigger better site, It's morph into a site thats older, but smaller. It's going to be hard to beat what we have had here. don't pump sunshine, It just doesn't work.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You really need to stop with talk like that.  This is not the end of AE...This is a new beginning that will take us higher than anywhere we have ever been.  This is not an end to AE, it is just a morph to a bigger better site.

Love my AU brothers and sisters...this is NOT the end of AE...it is our new beginning.

:wedance:

YOU PROMISE??? Your response will have significant meaning...so think it through.

:'(  

I just hope I can keep my handle.  Not fair we have to give up ours for AUFamily members.  Just my opinion.  

I totally prefer the layout of AE to AUFamily as well.  

It feels like the end of an era.  It may be the same people, but it just won't be the same  :'(

Will I lose my post count?    :'(  I worked hard for each and every one.  Never once did I post anything insignificant just to increase my count....   :-\

Seriously, though, I would like to thank ST and the other Mods (Bird too) for keeping this site family friendly, flushing all turds, and the best AU info anywhere.

I guess my AE t-shirt will be a collector's item now...   :thumbsup:

Will I lose my post count?    :'(  I worked hard for each and every one.  Never once did I post anything insignificant just to increase my count....   :-\

Seriously, though, I would like to thank ST and the other Mods (Bird too) for keeping this site family friendly, flushing all turds, and the best AU info anywhere.

I guess my AE t-shirt will be a collector's item now...   :thumbsup:

No.

I just hope I can keep my handle.  Not fair we have to give up ours for AUFamily members.  Just my opinion.  

It feels like the end of an era.  It may be the same people, but it just won't be the same  :'(

I cn't say that I disagree with you, augirl.  Your username is taken.  You will be assigned a username of augirl* with * being a number.  You will be able to change it after the merger.  The augirl on AUF has not been active since 2009 so we may be able to get you prioritized there. 

I cn't say that I disagree with you, augirl.  Your username is taken.  You will be assigned a username of augirl* with * being a number.  You will be able to change it after the merger.  The augirl on AUF has not been active since 2009 so we may be able to get you prioritized there. 

same for me I hope, my namesake hasn't logged in since 2004

Did you consider appending the duplicate usernames with "_AE" or something to that effect?  Although I guess that seems more like segregating the different site members  :laugh:

I just went to their site and it looks like alot of our "banned" members are there.  It will be like a homecoming visiting with those family members who acted inappropriately and were sent away.  It seems like there is a lot of AE Mod hatred over there too.  I can foresee some transition hiccups with some over there not particularly fond of our MODS and our Mods probably one time banning them.

Bird, Red, Golf, A4E and others - I've got your back...  ;)

Personally i think it is the posters that have made this site so great. So as long as everyone keeps doing what they are doing now then I don't see much changing. Yeah there will be some growing pains as i'm sure certain members over there will take exception to what a member over here says or does and vica versa. But all of that will smooth out over a couple weeks.

Everyone knows Auburn folks don't like change very much but I really think this will all shake out just fine.

:we:

I just went to their site and it looks like alot of our "banned" members are there.  It will be like a homecoming visiting with those family members who acted inappropriately and were sent away.  It seems like there is a lot of AE Mod hatred over there too.  I can foresee some transition hiccups with some over there not particularly fond of our MODS and our Mods probably one time banning them.

Bird, Red, Golf, A4E and others - I've got your back...  ;)

BRING IT!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfbenTtjFq_xKJQVr5Nuk9Po2HZRSfYUIfHQ3jGh7Zb5_zoiCXbg

I have not posted much, but spend more time reading than my wife like. I also donated each year about half the cost of a premium site and would have donated more if I had known AE was about to go away.  I hope all the posters that I love and trust for inside information stay, with their off subject comments, jab, icon, etc.  I read many of these comments to my wife and we have a great laugh together.  If I knew you, I would have joined in with some jabs of my own, but did not want anyone to take it wrong.   I will give AU Family a try, but if it changes much from what AE was, I will be gone.  I am already concerned, I have read where AU Family rule will not change, but AE rules will.  It seems to me that the AE culture is gone and we will have to except AUF culture. This is not a merger, but a takeover.

......and finally they have a political forum.  I love to get tangled up in all the political events.  Republicans suck....Democrats suck.....and most politicians suck!!!!

Sorry for that.  I hope I don't get banned my last day here.

EDIT:  OK after reading some of their political forums, I don't think I want to get involved.  Reading the one about Papa John raising their prices .11 and it's getting nasty in there.  Alot of name calling.

Why do I feel like AUF is Clark Griswald's family and AE is Cousin Eddie's family and we're coming to live with the Griswalds?  This is going to be fun.  The Griswalds (AUF) won't know what hit them. 

......and finally they have a political forum.  I love to get tangled up in all the political events.  Republicans suck....Democrats suck.....and most politicians suck!!!!

If it's a polititian they suck. trust them if you want. All of them are dirty. thats all you will ever need to know. no need to read anything else on politics.

You now know all you will ever need to know about them.

EDIT:  OK after reading some of their political forums, I don't think I want to get involved.  Reading the one about Papa John raising their prices .11 and it's getting nasty in there.  Alot of name calling.

UH-OH!!!  You're doomed. 

Why do I feel like AUF is Clark Griswald's family and AE is Cousin Eddie's family and we're coming to live with the Griswalds?  This is going to be fun.  The Griswalds (AUF) won't know what hit them.   

Are you calling us a bunch of "redneck white trash?"  :dunno:

I hope we can get the word out a little better about the switch. Im on here everyday and didnt know about it till this thread! ( I go directly to football oan recruiting)

Im gonna miss this place.

Are you calling us a bunch of "redneck white trash?"   :dunno:

I think its more of why is it not the other way around?

You serious clark?

Archived