Auburn Eagle, Goodbye Ole Girl

Weegle777

......and finally they have a political forum.  I love to get tangled up in all the political events.  Republicans suck....Democrats suck.....and most politicians suck!!!!

Sorry for that.  I hope I don't get banned my last day here.

If it's a polititian they suck. trust them if you want. All of them are dirty. thats all you will ever need to know. no need to read anything else on politics.

You now know all you will ever need to know about them.

To really understand Politics, you have to look at the Latin root of the word:

Poly means many.

Tics means bloodsuckers.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

......and finally they have a political forum.  I love to get tangled up in all the political events.  Republicans suck....Democrats suck.....and most politicians suck!!!!

Sorry for that.  I hope I don't get banned my last day here.

If it's a polititian they suck. trust them if you want. All of them are dirty. thats all you will ever need to know. no need to read anything else on politics.

You now know all you will ever need to know about them.

To really understand Politics, you have to look at the Latin root of the word:

Poly means many.

Tics means bloodsuckers.

Nice, Politicians give lawyers a good name, now thats saying somthing.

I feel for the A E member's who have not been on in a few day's. We have had a little time to get used to what's happening. Some people will come here next week and wonder what in the world is going on.

I don't post very much but I have spent about 2 hours a day  on this site.  It is by far the best!  Auburn Family would do well to adopt the Auburn Eagle's message board format.  I am really going to miss this place!

This is going to feel like being the new kid at a new school on the very first day. Can we have a space on the new site just dedicated to AE people so we can at least get used to our new surroundings?

Sigh. I never post, but I lurk with the best of em. I love AE and while I know it's not really the end, I still can't help feeling sad about this. I get the feeling that in a few years, we'll all think back on some of these times, laugh our faces off, and realize how special AE really was. Oh well, it's been great and I hope we can keep it going. Maybe I'll even post some on AUFamily...Thanks ST and mods for all you've done.

Well, sadly it's time for me to go. Thak you A E. I will miss what we had here. Hope to see all of you on the other side.

War Eagle to all!!!!!!!!

:);):D:cool:;D>:(:(:o:rolleyes::P:-[:-X :-\ :'( :laugh::thumbsup::bow::dunno::banghead::devil::happydance::bananadance::hellyeah::trampoline::yay::partey::timeout::pcprobs::we::aufb::tdau::wareagle::wedance::party::zapbama::beatmullet::believe:

Had to get my last AE post in.  This site has been great.  Its been the perfect hide away from work and everything not Auburn.  Hopefully the new site will be the same, although it is a new site.

Glad I got to share the glory of our 2010 season with all of you..

War Eagle!!!

:wedance: :wedance: :wedance: :wedance:

Does anyone know how many members they have? And how much time before we switch over to that site?

As of last night AUF had 9,482 members.  They have been operating the site for almost ten years.  AE has 11,343 members and has been operating for 3 years and 9 months.   The new site will have more than any other Auburn site with over 20,000 members.  

Both sites should shut down around 5PM today (Friday).  The new site should be up Monday morning.  We hope to have updates over the weekend on the Facebook page, AUFAMILY, and on twitter @AUFAMILY, as to the status.  

Heck yeah

I, too, mostly lurk and rarely post.

I've loved AE and hope AUFamily becomes some semblance of what this site has meant to me in terms of information gleaned.

Scott - as many others have stated, THANK YOU. For everything. I mean it.

I hope that I can be as entertained by AUF on game day and signing days to come as I have been by the AE band of houligans.

See y'all on the other side.

P.S. - is there a prize for the last post on AE?  :laugh:

:banghead: :banghead:Wow so sad, St and all of you mods, you made this site a great place to come and just listen and talk with auburn folks, I will miss it  WDE.... :wedance:

AE has been so clean and texty...very navigable.  Anyone know why the change?  I thought AE had infrastructure/ server upgrades in the recent past.  I'm guessing the ad revenue model is more proven at AF, and it does cost $$$ to run a sweet site like this.  Or is it a bit of a white flag, as AE's member capacity has surpassed the reach of its its lone governance???  Either way I'll keep an open mind and gladly use AF until it turns into a subscription site, which, let's be honest, is in the future. WE!

Well almost 4pm here, time for me to head to the house. This will be my last post on AE. See everyone on the other side. It's been a great run, unfortunately it has to end this way. Somehow I feel betrayed...

Good Bye Ole Girl... I will miss you dearly.  :'(

Final post count on AE. Just for my personal knowledg and later reference, 4088.

Must be already in shut down process. It's getting very slow.

only for you WE10

I guess. Maybe my computer was running a virus scan. It has gotten back to normal again the last few.

Must be already in shut down process. It's getting very slow.

only for you WE10

I guess. Maybe my computer was running a virus scan. It has gotten back to normal again the last few.

been drinking early again I see before your date with the wife.....shame on you

I appreciate the support of each and everyone of you! It has been a great run but it doesn't end here! The AE Family will continue the same over on AUFAMILY. I wouldn't have signed off on this deal if I didn't think it was a good one for all the great members.

Looking forward to a bright future together.  Onward and upwards!

Archived