jonesy,ellitor,austudent23,aupops.....for those not familiar with them

tombigbeetiger

And who are the folks on AUFamily that are the equivalent to the former AE insiders, for those of us who are new here?

There is nobody here that claims to be an insider. At least there hasn't been for five years. I suppose that will change now, but it was nice while it lasted.

I guess the closest we had was people who had premium subscriptions who could relay information without breaking any rules.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The AE insiders have a good track record not perfect but very insightful

^This^ You guys and gals are in for a treat.

And who are the folks on AUFamily that are the equivalent to the former AE insiders, for those of us who are new here?

There is nobody here that claims to be an insider. At least there hasn't been for five years. I suppose that will change now, but it was nice while it lasted.

So you don't care for updates by :AUBig: player's parents and such?

I guess the closest we had was people who had premium subscriptions who could relay information without breaking any rules.

Thanks, y'all. Happy not to lose any of the AE "in" crowd. Just wondering if it were similar over here. Now it is!

Not when 90% of that "insider" stuff ain't necessarily so. (Remember when an insider some other board had Ray Drew 80% to Auburn? I do.)I kinda' liked the AUFamily culture that required a link instead of somebody claiming they were "in the know". Of course, you may point out that I'm free to skip such posts and if they become frequent here I'll surely find myself doing just that.

Not when 90% of that "insider" stuff ain't necessarily so. (Remember when an insider some other board had Ray Drew 80% to Auburn? I do.)I kinda' liked the AUFamily culture that required a link instead of somebody claiming they were "in the know". Of course, you may point out that I'm free to skip such posts and if they become frequent here I'll surely find myself doing just that.

Well the "insiders" or "people in the know" will not boast or point it out. They have their rep by proof of being consistent. They will just give quality info and let people take it as they please.

Well the "insiders" or "people in the know" will not boast or point it out. They have their rep by proof of being consistent. They will just give quality info and let people take it as they please.

Yeah, not sure how it would work if we require someone like AUQBDad to provide a link to substantiate things he's seen with his own eyes. My guess is, it wouldn't. This is the first time I've found anything to worry about regarding the switch. I definitely don't want to lose the insight of our AE insiders ....

:(

some think their information is always right and you will figure that out soon, by how they respond to others. you just gotta take a deep breath and enjoy the reading. you will pick him out really easily, but the information is great.

some think their information is always right and you will figure that out soon, by how they respond to others. you just gotta take a deep breath and enjoy the reading. you will pick him out really easily, but the information is great.

But the real issue is that it's in the rules here that you need to have a link, if I remember correctly. What if a link is impossible? Do our AE insiders have to remain silent?

Ah, wait. RunInRed just posted a reminder of some of the rules here: http://www.aufamily....ules-reminder/.

If I'm reading this right, our trusted AE insiders should be an exception to the "rule of thumb" that a link is required.

:comfort:

Red did tell me just before AE went down people who have inside info not from a premium site can post it. To keep that in check they also have the rule of no baseless rumors.

Yeah, we have 1 or 2 of those around somewhere, too. :popcorn:

Ah, wait. RunInRed just posted a reminder of some of the rules here: http://www.aufamily....ules-reminder/.

If I'm reading this right, our trusted AE insiders should be an exception to the "rule of thumb" that a link is required.

:comfort:

Red did tell me just before AE went down people who have inside info not from a premium site can post it. To keep that in check they also have the rule of no baseless rumors.

But if it weren't for baseless rumors, there'd be no rumors at all! ;)

Is a baseless rumor more reliable than an unsubstantiated rumor? Which should we give the greater credibility? :dunno:

Guys, during the down period, I was forced to go to my only pay site, AUC, and attempt to converse intelligently about recruiting, which as many of you know, is my passion. That period of time made me appreciate even more the quality and quantity of information I can get, and in some cases provide, here. It seems we can pick up where we left off with the new team. One thing to note: one of our good members, who is also on AUC, made the effort to start a thread about the AUF/AE merger, asking innocently if anyone had any idea when we would be back up. You would not believe some of the post that came from that simple topic; did you know we are thought of as pansies, sunshine-pumpers, rumor-mongorers, and just overall uninformed outsiders? Truth is, when it comes to recruiting, you'll get information here quicker, or as quick, as anywhere else. Sure, some will be wrong, because recruiting is so fluid. But just think what happened while we were down: Jovan, Dee, D Walker, and the running backs. So far, even though I'm having trouble with some things, I truly welcome this new adventure. Hope ya'll do also.

Howdy Pops! This is your old friend from years past. I tried to PM you but something about that isn't working yet. Glad to see you here, so welcome and War Eagle!

Guys, during the down period, I was forced to go to my only pay site, AUC, and attempt to converse intelligently about recruiting, which as many of you know, is my passion. That period of time made me appreciate even more the quality and quantity of information I can get, and in some cases provide, here. It seems we can pick up where we left off with the new team. One thing to note: one of our good members, who is also on AUC, made the effort to start a thread about the AUF/AE merger, asking innocently if anyone had any idea when we would be back up. You would not believe some of the post that came from that simple topic; did you know we are thought of as pansies, sunshine-pumpers, rumor-mongorers, and just overall uninformed outsiders? Truth is, when it comes to recruiting, you'll get information here quicker, or as quick, as anywhere else. Sure, some will be wrong, because recruiting is so fluid. But just think what happened while we were down: Jovan, Dee, D Walker, and the running backs. So far, even though I'm having trouble with some things, I truly welcome this new adventure. Hope ya'll do also.

All of this^^ is why I have no reason or want to join a pay site.

Skellitor is an insider? Who knew? :tease:

Well yeah!....It's so hot outside that I am definitely staying inside. ;D

Skellitor is an insider? Who knew? :tease:

Well yeah!....It's so hot outside that I am definitely staying inside. ;D

No, it wasn't E, but he knows who it was. I won't mention who, because if I was him, I'd proudly admit it, because in my mind, he's a hero for taking up for us. I will bet, if he reads this, he'll identify himself.

Archived