jonesy,ellitor,austudent23,aupops.....for those not familiar with them

tombigbeetiger

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, during the down period, I was forced to go to my only pay site, AUC, and attempt to converse intelligently about recruiting, which as many of you know, is my passion. That period of time made me appreciate even more the quality and quantity of information I can get, and in some cases provide, here. It seems we can pick up where we left off with the new team. One thing to note: one of our good members, who is also on AUC, made the effort to start a thread about the AUF/AE merger, asking innocently if anyone had any idea when we would be back up. You would not believe some of the post that came from that simple topic; did you know we are thought of as pansies, sunshine-pumpers, rumor-mongorers, and just overall uninformed outsiders? Truth is, when it comes to recruiting, you'll get information here quicker, or as quick, as anywhere else. Sure, some will be wrong, because recruiting is so fluid. But just think what happened while we were down: Jovan, Dee, D Walker, and the running backs. So far, even though I'm having trouble with some things, I truly welcome this new adventure. Hope ya'll do also.

yea, i tried to join in over there a little, but i think my time there is coming to an end. i participated in that thread, but it got zapped. i had a little tit for tat in another thread. felt like i was conversing with my kids ...

.....and let's not forget Bird.......uh, never mind.

did i miss something is bird not coming on over

Bird has been here some this weekend. Golf said Bird was starting a new job and wouldn't be around as much though. I hate that! (not the job part. I wish Bird the best with that)

Correction I said I hope with all my heart he would not be around as much.

:bs:

Speaking of good info, has anyone seen ET since the move?! He's not a recruiting insider, as far as I know, but I miss the good things he brings to boards.

Speaking of good intfo, has anyone seen ET since the move?! He's not a recruiting insider, as far as I know, but I miss the good things he brings to boards.

Good question. No, I haven't seen him since the move.

Speaking of good intfo, has anyone seen ET since the move?! He's not a recruiting insider, as far as I know, but I miss the good things he brings to boards.

Good question. No, I haven't seen him since the move.

ET, phone home!

I haven't seen him either. Hopefully he will show up soon. He was a tremendous help and brough a lot of good info to us. You are missed ET!

Speaking of good info, has anyone seen ET since the move?! He's not a recruiting insider, as far as I know, but I miss the good things he brings to boards.

He been posting over on AUC and I just sent him a massage asking him to come back and we miss him.

He joined AUC and I am not sure if or when he will come back. He made a post one day thanking BMatt and PMarsh for having a sit similar to AE on how they handle things without specifically saying AE.

Dang. I hope he does come back.

Red has been in a few times. He is not a fan of the rivals being here. He'll come around more often. That may be part of ET's problem as well.

Red has been in a few times. He is not a fan of the rivals being here. He'll come around more often. That may be part of ET's problem as well.

In all honesty, I haven't really noticed the rivals, with one exception and he was dealt with quickly. Of course the season hasn't started quite yet so it may be bit diferent after that.

In all honesty, I haven't really noticed the rivals, with one exception and he was dealt with quickly. Of course the season hasn't started quite yet so it may be bit diferent after that.

Thanks, a4e. I agree with WE10 on this one. In fact, I think I may only have had a single encounter with one the whole time. Even that's a guess.

Well we need to get the word out to these beloved regulars that they can ignore Rivals and their posts if they want or need to.

There have been some great threads here discussing football with Oregon and LSU fans, to mention just two. The discussions don't have to get childish, and the few guests that do get childish are banned rather quickly.

Try it, you might like it.

There have been some great threads here discussing football with Oregon and LSU fans, to mention just two. The discussions don't have to get childish, and the few guests that do get childish are banned rather quickly.

I'm game, Mikey. One thing about AE was that you always knew you were with family. Here, there is the issue of doubt. But, like I say, I'm game. I really like it here, and I think most of the AEers would, too. Just hoping they give it a shot!

War Eagle! (no emoticons, just for you)

I'm game, Mikey. One thing about AE was that you always knew you were with family. Here, there is the issue of doubt. But, like I say, I'm game. I really like it here, and I think most of the AEers would, too. Just hoping they give it a shot!

Does Mikey not lik emotions?

He got on me a little bit earlier today -- using sarcasm, without the yellow font -- "praising" me for a post without them. But he seems to be an experimentalist at heart, so he can surely understand that we had some new toys to play with here.

My mama always told me cussing was a sign of poor speaking skills, the person doing the cussing didn't have a good vocabulary. Carrying that over to the 21st century, I feel the same about excessive emoticon use. Therefore, I don't use 'em much. However, I wouldn't dare try to impose my opinion on the behavior of others, so emoticon away! :)

My mama always told me cussing was a sign of poor speaking skills, the person doing the cussing didn't have a good vocabulary. Carrying that over to the 21st century, I feel the same about excessive emoticon use. Therefore, I don't use 'em much. However, I wouldn't dare try to impose my opinion on the behavior of others, so emoticon away! :)

Mikey, we didn't have the 'friend' feature over at AE, so I don't know the etiquette here. A few AE folks added me as a friend, and I added a few. Do folks here just add friends willy-nilly, or is there a 'courting' period? I ask because there are already a few AUFam folks I'd like to add, but I don't want to violate the culture. Got any advise?

Good because you should see us AEers when we get our next commit. We go emotion crazy. lol

Good because you should see us AEers when we get our next commit. We go emotion crazy. lol

Not that I would know from experience (ahem), but I hear tell there's an emoticon limit here at AUFam. :dunno:

Archived