jonesy,ellitor,austudent23,aupops.....for those not familiar with them

tombigbeetiger

Does Mikey not lik emotions?

My mama always told me cussing was a sign of poor speaking skills, the person doing the cussing didn't have a good vocabulary. Carrying that over to the 21st century, I feel the same about excessive emoticon use. Therefore, I don't use 'em much. However, I wouldn't dare try to impose my opinion on the behavior of others, so emoticon away! :)

Mikey, we didn't have the 'friend' feature over at AE, so I don't know the etiquette here. A few AE folks added me as a friend, and I added a few. Do folks here just add friends willy-nilly, or is there a 'courting' period? I ask because there are already a few AUFam folks I'd like to add, but I don't want to violate the culture. Got any advise?

I don't know anything about a "friend" feature here. Either there isn't one or nobody likes me.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mama always told me cussing was a sign of poor speaking skills, the person doing the cussing didn't have a good vocabulary. Carrying that over to the 21st century, I feel the same about excessive emoticon use. Therefore, I don't use 'em much. However, I wouldn't dare try to impose my opinion on the behavior of others, so emoticon away! :)

Good because you should see us AEers when we get our next commit. We go emotion crazy. lol

Not that I would know from experience (ahem), but I hear tell there's an emoticon limit here at AUFam. :dunno:

There is. I already reached it in a post once. lol

Mikey, we didn't have the 'friend' feature over at AE, so I don't know the etiquette here. A few AE folks added me as a friend, and I added a few. Do folks here just add friends willy-nilly, or is there a 'courting' period? I ask because there are already a few AUFam folks I'd like to add, but I don't want to violate the culture. Got any advise?

I don't know anything about a "friend" feature here. Either there isn't one or nobody likes me.

:laugh:

Maybe you should check your profile again. Is that something new they just added along with the merge?

Good because you should see us AEers when we get our next commit. We go emotion crazy. lol

Not that I would know from experience (ahem), but I hear tell there's an emoticon limit here at AUFam. :dunno:

Not that I would know from experience (ahem), but I hear tell there's an emoticon limit here at AUFam.

Yeah, I should've used the new invisible sarcasm font, E. ;)

Not that I would know from experience (ahem), but I hear tell there's an emoticon limit here at AUFam.

Yeah, I should've used the new invisible sarcasm font, E.

Yeah. I guess I am\ showing my obtuseness. :-\ Oh and I apologize to all the members who are reading this page from their phone.

Upon, further reflection, that "Friend" feature may well have been there all along. See, it's not something that was needed in the past. The volume of posts here, or more correctly lack of volume, pretty much dictated that if you were interested in a particular poster's take on something, you'd see it.

That friend feature may become useful now that the number of posts has and will continue to be much greater.

Now, y'all that came over here in the merger have some adjusting to do, but we that were already here have our own set of adjustments to make. If we all work together and have some patience this can work to everyone's benefit.

.....and let's not forget Bird.......uh, never mind.

did i miss something is bird not coming on over

Bird has been here some this weekend. Golf said Bird was starting a new job and wouldn't be around as much though. I hate that! (not the job part. I wish Bird the best with that)

Correction I said I hope with all my heart he would not be around as much.

I just have to ask....what happened to Bird during the transition??? "GOLF IS THE MAN??" Did we travel thru some warped universe during the merger?? :wavey:

The FORMER augirl :(

Bird has been here some this weekend. Golf said Bird was starting a new job and wouldn't be around as much though. I hate that! (not the job part. I wish Bird the best with that)

I just have to ask....what happened to Bird during the transition??? "GOLF IS THE MAN??" Did we travel thru some warped universe during the merger?? :wavey:

You've heard of a 12 gauge Shotgun haven't you girl? Well use your imagination bye bye birdie

:wavey: augirl. Glad you made the trip!

Welcome augirl!!! Glad you made the trip over here.

• 4 weeks later...

I mean even in regards to current guys' statuses (i.e. Adams, Matthews, Green, etc.).

There has not been anything to report other than Adams did not go to his Mich St. visit and is choosing the AU-LSU game for a visit. On Matthews, no one is saying much because the less that is said is better on Tray.

As an indication of where we are in recruiting -wise right now: BM just had a recruiting update on AUC, and it was almost a carbon copy of last week. Then, in the comments section, rather than coments on prospects, it was more about coaching up our current players to show the recruits that we can coach. Also, please note the several threads analyzing our past three or four classes regarding attrition and talent. Lots of good info there. Our key targets right now are pretty much working on their senior seasons, and are announcing at the All-Star games in February. Next real news will come later this week when we see who will visit for the LSU game. This weekend was originally thought to be one of our biggest this fall. If we have lost some recruiting momentum, this weekend will show it.

As an indication of where we are in recruiting -wise right now: BM just had a recruiting update on AUC, and it was almost a carbon copy of last week. Then, in the comments section, rather than coments on prospects, it was more about coaching up our current players to show the recruits that we can coach. Also, please note the several threads analyzing our past three or four classes regarding attrition and talent. Lots of good info there. Our key targets right now are pretty much working on their senior seasons, and are announcing at the All-Star games in February. Next real news will come later this week when we see who will visit for the LSU game. This weekend was originally thought to be one of our biggest this fall. If we have lost some recruiting momentum, this weekend will show it.

Great stuff. Thanks for the update, Pops.

This weekend will speak for itsself. The top guys will be there save a personal reason or two for not coming. If Reuben is there then we are really good no matter what.

Players KNOW CBVG can coach. If anyone, Loeffler is the one with something to prove. Than can be solved with a TOM BRADY phone call however.

• 2 weeks later...

There have been some rather pointed comments in another thread comparing the old AE recruiting info versus the info here at AUFamily. From where I sit, I don't think there would be a noticeable difference between the two. There's just not a lot going on in terms of movement in our chances with the top prospects. Information on M Adams, our prime target, is all over the place (Coach Benchpress from USCw visited him yesterday) and he's reported to be taking officials and unofficials everywhere, but basically there has been no substantive change that I know of. New names such as Bell, Alexander, and Ramsey appear but chances are still slim with all of them. Matthews has gone underground and is in a witness-protection program. The biggest positive thing that has happened in Auburn Football recruiting since the AE/AUFamily merger occurred last Saturday night at Jordan-Hare, on Pat Dye Field. What occurred was a great (yet typical) Auburn football atmosphere, boosted by a great (but recently atypical) effort by our football team and coaches. So, don't think for a moment this is this site's problem; AE would've had the same issues. I can tell you, from this man's seat, there is no info that I have had recently that I would have hesitated posting on either site. And, if I get something, I will post it.

There have been some rather pointed comments in another thread comparing the old AE recruiting info versus the info here at AUFamily. From where I sit, I don't think there would be a noticeable difference between the two. There's just not a lot going on in terms of movement in our chances with the top prospects. Information on M Adams, our prime target, is all over the place (Coach Benchpress from USCe visited him yesterday) and he's reported to be taking officials and unofficials everywhere, but basically there has been no substantive change that I know of. New names such as Bell, Alexander, and Ramsey appear but chances are still slim with all of them. Matthews has gone underground and is in a witness-protection program. The biggest positive thing that has happened in Auburn Football recruiting since the AE/AUFamily merger occurred last Saturday night at Jordan-Hare, on Pat Dye Field. What occurred was a great (yet typical) Auburn football atmosphere, boosted by a great (but recently atypical) effort by our football team and coaches. So, don't think for a moment this is this site's problem; AE would've had the same issues. I can tell you, from this man's seat, there is no info that I have had recently that I would have hesitated posting on either site. And, if I get something, I will post it.

:thumbsup:

Archived