Please stop the National Championship Talk

PowerI

We've played and beaten several good teams but certainly not any top 4 teams...yet.

What was LSU ranked when we played them? I was thinking they were 4th.

Power, You can't stop the sun from setting, bro. However, andybody who reads this board who plays or coaches the team should disregard all National Championship talk and focus on the next game. This means you, Jason Campbell.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!

BEAT OLE MISS!

LSU was 4th and UT was 8th.

116111[/snapback]

Both were higher ranekd than Auburn at the time we played them.

We have played tougher teams than Oklahoma, USC, and Miami...

No, we haven't...defintely not USC or OU. I think we could handle Miami as long as we tackle that Hester kid. :)

116057[/snapback]

The Big 12 is over rated. Up to this point we have played better opponents than Oklahoma. They have played Texas, that's it and they only put up 12 points on them. Hell, Arkansas pt up 20 on Texas and should have beat them. You know what :au: did to Arkansas. Even Stoops knows his team is over rated. Why do you think that he tries to score by passing the ball with 1 minute left already up by 25?

USC has to get up for ONE game this year and that is Cal.I think USC is playing like 1 of the top 2 teams right now, but they don't even play a ranked opponenet from here on out. Auburn will have to play 2 more...with both probably being being in the top ten(assuming UT beats USC on Saturday).

You sound like the national media about the schedules. If Auburn goes undefeated, and I understand that is an IF, they will have beaten 4 teams IN THE TOP 10!!!!

What other team has played that kind of schedule?

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!

8 Down...5 to go!!!!!!!!

By the way, I think it is time that the whole Auburn Nation start looking at the Big Picture! I know that we need to win one game at a time but isn't it the goal of EVERY team that goes through Spring and Fall practice to be in a position to win a National Championship?

I think the Ole Miss game is the next stepping stone to untimately accomplishing a goal that was set out for at the first of the year. I believe in one game at a time, but I aso believe that this one game just happens to be on our path to something far more great!

Remember: "Lord, let all my words be sweet for tommorow I may have to eat them."

Bragging about a not yet won MNC is stupid and sounds a lot like some other folks we dont ever want to be like.

If you dont give yourself any crow to eat, you wont have to eat any.

Saying all that, Just support the Guys and the Coaches.

Play it one down at a time!

We have played tougher teams than Oklahoma, USC, and Miami...

No, we haven't...defintely not USC or OU. I think we could handle Miami as long as we tackle that Hester kid. :)

116057[/snapback]

The Big 12 is over rated. Up to this point we have played better opponents than Oklahoma. They have played Texas, that's it and they only put up 12 points on them. Hell, Arkansas pt up 20 on Texas and should have beat them. You know what :au: did to Arkansas. Even Stoops knows his team is over rated. Why do you think that he tries to score by passing the ball with 1 minute left already up by 25?

116134[/snapback]

I love Auburn. I think we have a great chance to win out this year and go to the Orange Bowl or Sugar Bowl. But I do feel like i need to point certain things out. You have to always look at both sides of the argument. Peoeple always feel their school is the one that is getting slighted. But the AP and Coaches have to look at both sides of the story. I bolded your arguement about Oklahoma because something struck my mind. The EXACT same thing can be said about our toughest game thus far (LSU). (Keep in mind i am goign to write this from a Oklahoma fan's point of view, it is not mine)

"They have played LSU, that't it and they only put up 10 points on them. Hell, Georgia put up 42 on LSU and killed them."

For every game you point out on some teams schedule there is always one on our own that can be thrown back in our face...

WAR EAGLE AND BEAT :om: !!!

I really think some of you all are getting quite over-dramatic about this National Title talk.

This is a message board. If your in the hunt, I say talk about it all you want.

Archived