2013 Recruiting Board (Updated 2/19/13)

WarEagleAU

It would've been nice to get either of these guys, but I'm kinda glad that we can now use these 4 spots to load up on next year's class. I think 2014 will be right up there with our signing classes from 2009 & 2010, which were top 5 in the country!

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was hoping to finish stronger. It's hard to complain about the class we did sign though. Thanks for keeping us updated WarEagleAU! Well done sir!!

I would say holding Carl, adding 2 five stars, 2 four stars, and a very underrated 3 star in Barber all in the final week is a massively strong finish.

It won't show in recruiting ranking or anything but I think Peyton Barber makes up a bit for the loss of Jovon Robinson.

I was hoping to finish stronger. It's hard to complain about the class we did sign though. Thanks for keeping us updated WarEagleAU! Well done sir!!

I would say holding Carl, adding 2 five stars, 2 four stars, and a very underrated 3 star in Barber all in the final week is a massively strong finish.

It won't show in recruiting ranking or anything but I think Peyton Barber makes up a bit for the loss of Jovon Robinson.

Agreed.

I'm only disappointed we didn't get McKenzie. Really thought we had him.

I flat don't understand how/why the #1 punter in the nation is a gray shirt at Auburn. I'll trust the staff was up front with Hutch all along and I'm glad he's sticking with Auburn...I just don't get it.

I flat don't understand how/why the #1 punter in the nation is a gray shirt at Auburn. I'll trust the staff was up front with Hutch all along and I'm glad he's sticking with Auburn...I just don't get it.

I thought we had Mackensie as well. I think CGM was more than "Up-Front" with Hutch judging by his Twitter account. I also think CGM would like to have been able to sign one of if not more of these "late" signers.

I thought we had Mackensie as well. I think CGM was more than "Up-Front" with Hutch judging by his Twitter account. I also think CGM would like to have been able to sign one of if not more of these "late" signers.

You guys were the only ones on MacKensie then. Nobody had a true feel fo him so anyone projecting Auburn was the guess of all guesses. On Hutch, this is what I said a couple weeks ago and believe to be true.
I can't speak for Malzahn but this would be my reason for the gray shirt. If he signs in January of 2014 he would count back to the 2013 class but that does not affect his football seasons eligibility. He would still have 4 years (2014-2017). If we give Hutch the scholly now we pretty much just burned a year of him as a back up. Yes we can redshirt him but what is the point in that if he only has to wait one semester to be the starting punter and not have to be redshirted. He would then still have that redshirt available for him starting in 2014 as insurance for him and the team if it is ever needed for something like an injury. What I do know is barring some major change Gus plans to stick with grayshirting Hutch. I believe Gus has approached Hutch like this. "You are a great kid, great punter, we love you, and want you at Auburn. Would you be willing to wait 1 semester to enroll in January to come in as the starter and not have to be redshirted? That way if you ever needed a redshirt for an injury or anything you would have it instead of it being wasted as a back up in 2013." Based on Hutch's tweets he gladly said yes. Yet another brilliant move by Gus IMO

You guys were the only ones on MacKensie then. Nobody had a true feel fo him so anyone projecting Auburn was the guess of all guesses. On Hutch, this is what I said a couple weeks ago and believe to be true.

wasn't "ON" him so much as just thought since we had the last "reported visit" we looked good. I do remenber Matthews saying he would guess AU and I know some Clemson folks thought the same thing. So to state that NO-ONE but canuck and I thought that is complete BS!

wasn't "ON" him so much as just thought since we had the last "reported visit" we looked good. I do remenber Matthews saying he would guess AU and I know some Clemson folks thought the same thing. So to state that NO-ONE but canuck and I thought that is complete BS!

You and I have completely different definitions of guessing and "I thought we had Mackensie as well" then. There was never any info from any site or source that should have led anyone to feel we "had him".

You and I have completely different definitions of guessing and "I thought we had Mackensie as well" then. There was never any info from any site or source that should have led anyone to feel we "had him".

Please, tell me after MacKenroe chose AU you weren't shocked when Mackensie chose Clemson. (If we are going to be that technical with terms then we have to also be that way with time) Not one soul watching those events unfold did not BELIEVE that he was also headed to AU! If you TRUELY saw that coming can you then please also predict some game outcomes for me next year?

Please, tell me after MacKenroe chose AU you weren't shocked when Mackensie chose Clemson. (If we are going to be that technical with terms then we have to also be that way with time) Not one soul watching those events unfold did not BELIEVE that he was also headed to AU! If you TRUELY saw that coming can you then please also predict some game outcomes for me next year?

Not shocked at all. I did see it coming. But only 1 hour prior to the brothers announcement did the info point to MacKensie to AU and MacKensie to Clemson. MacKensie to Clemson built up in the last minute like Toby did with UGA. before then it was purely a guessing game and even then it was a bit of a guess on MacKensie to Clemson although it became an educated one.

Not shocked at all. I did see it coming. But only 1 hour prior to the brothers announcement did the info point to MacKensie to AU and MacKensie to Clemson. MacKensie to Clemson built up in the last minute like Toby did with UGA. before then it was purely a guessing game and even then it was a bit of a guess on MacKensie to Clemson although it became an educated one.

Wow, you are busy correcting me (and others) and yet you only claim to know this AFTER THE FACT and after saying things BOTH POSSIBLE WAYS AND AFTER THE FACT in order to make certain you are right! You can't come up with that post where right before hand you called it that way? No, because you didn't. Hell I knew the winning lottery numbers after they posted those as well.

I expected more of a challenge than this. :sad2:

Sorry about correcting things. I am an accountant. Accuracy is what I do. I apologize if I have stepped on any toes but maybe it helps people understand me better.

Wow, you are busy correcting me (and others) and yet you only claim to know this AFTER THE FACT and after saying things BOTH POSSIBLE WAYS AND AFTER THE FACT in order to make certain you are right! You can't come up with that post where right before hand you called it that way? No, because you didn't. Hell I knew the winning lottery numbers after they posted those as well.

I expected more of a challenge than this. :sad2:

all of rivals guys had mack picked to auburn in their final predictions section so their were some he would end up here. I remember someone saying foster wouldn't be at bama so it is all Guessing.

Elliitor,

I must admit I am quite surprised to hear that you are an accountant, just doesn't fit the persona i have envisioned of you....but i still consider you are one of the good guys... Just kidding, kinda

Elliitor,

I must admit I am quite surprised to hear that you are an accountant, just doesn't fit the persona i have envisioned of you....but i still consider you are one of the good guys... Just kidding, kinda

Ditto on the accountant thing. And I know E is a good guy. My only point was....nevermind.

Sorry about correcting things. I am an accountant. Accuracy is what I do. I apologize if I have stepped on any toes but maybe it helps people understand me better.

Nah... You have your right to share your accuracy. War Eagle!

Archived