2013 Recruiting Board (Updated 2/19/13)

WarEagleAU

I saw a tweet from EDW this evening saying he thinks Green coomits to :ut: over UMichigan. WTH? You heard anything. 23 told me yesterday everything still the same.

:dunno:

You need to read closer my friend.

@EagleDamnWar

My guess is that Derrick Henry commits to Tennessee over Alabama. Lot of potential at Tenn. and they need a big time RB.

Ah, two Derricks. Gotcha! Whew!

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw a tweet from EDW this evening saying he thinks Green coomits to :ut: over UMichigan. WTH? You heard anything. 23 told me yesterday everything still the same.

:dunno:

You need to read closer my friend.

@EagleDamnWar

My guess is that Derrick Henry commits to Tennessee over Alabama. Lot of potential at Tenn. and they need a big time RB.

Yeah, I guess I need to stay off twitter. I wanted to go back and quote it but I haveny really learned how to use it other than to scroll ahead of what pops up when I open it. I am glad I was wrong however!

:-\ <_<

• 2 weeks later...

Updated (9/26/12):

RB Derrick Green's top three schools: Auburn, Michigan and Tennessee.

RB Greg Bryant added Florida State on his school list.

Added:

S Vonn Bell

QB Clay Chastain

Updated (9/26/12):

Added:

S Vonn Bell

QB Clay Chastain

You can add Oklahoma on Bryant. They are back in it for him.

Updated (9/26/12):

Added:

S Vonn Bell

QB Clay Chastain

You can add Oklahoma on Bryant. They are back in it for him.

Done.

Updated (10/9/12):

Jeremy Johnson firm in commitment to Auburn, but will take other visits to LSU, Ole Miss and Arkansas State.

Derrick Green changed from Green to Blue (50/50).

Updated (10/9/12):

Jeremy Johnson firm in commitment to Auburn, but will take other visits to LSU, Ole Miss and Arkansas State.

That stings. I hope that means Bryant is on board. AUburn really needs a couple of good, solid, big backs. I don't know what has changed with him other than the on field product.

Updated (10/9/12):

That stings. I hope that means Bryant is on board. AUburn really needs a couple of good, solid, big backs. I don't know what has changed with him other than the on field product.

Either Bryant or Green. Can't say which one so its safe to say 50/50.

We already have a very hard-running, effective back. He's averaging over 5 yards per carry, but Tre Mason only got 7 carries last week. That's hardly the type of thing that draws a big-time RB recruit to your program.

My point being that if the product on the field doesn't improve a whole bunch, the ground will get very shaky with these guys.

We already have a very hard-running, effective back. He's averaging over 5 yards per carry, but Tre Mason only got 7 carries last week. That's hardly the type of thing that draws a big-time RB recruit to your program.

My point being that if the product on the field doesn't improve a whole bunch, the ground will get very shaky with these guys.

Interesting point

Hard running, yes.. Punishing, no. That is something unique knows he would bring to the table.

Hard running, yes.. Punishing, no. That is something unique knows he would bring to the table.

Agreed, there is def a difference. The two of them would make a nice duo after TM has another year to learn and mature. I believe TM is as good if not better than GB. Not that GB isn't welcome. Especially with two year seperation.

Updated (10/18/12):

Reuben Foster firm in commitment to Auburn, but will take other visits to LSU and Washington.

Trey Johnson changed from solid to soft verbal with Auburn and will take other visits to Florida, Ohio State and USC.

Roderick Johnson is our new top target at OL. His top five schools: Florida, Florida State, UCF, West Virginia and Miami.

Greg Bryant down to four schools: Auburn, South Carolina, Oklahoma and Georgia.

Derrick Green added Oregon on his school list.

O.J. Howard added Florida on his school list.

Added:

QB Brian Burrell

WR Jonathon Rumph

WR Kyrin Priester

DT Keith Bryant

CB Jonathan Cook

S Marqui Hawkins

Updated (10/18/12):

Reuben Foster firm in commitment to Auburn, but will take other visits to LSU and Washington.

Trey Johnson changed from solid to soft verbal with Auburn and will take other visits to Florida, Ohio State and USC.

Roderick Johnson is our new top target at OL. His top five schools: Florida, Florida State, UCF, West Virginia and Miami.

Added:

QB Brian Burrell

WR Jonathon Rumph

WR Kyrin Priester

DT Keith Bryant

CB Jonathan Cook

S Marqui Hawkins

I do not think Trey should be listedd as a soft verbal. Some recruiting services show commits as soft verbals if they are visiting other schools. I think Trey has said he is committed to AU and will stay AU unless something very significant changes at AU. E, what do you think.

Updated (10/18/12):

Added:

QB Brian Burrell

WR Jonathon Rumph

WR Kyrin Priester

DT Keith Bryant

CB Jonathan Cook

S Marqui Hawkins

Some corrections.

Foster will also visit Miami along with LSU and Washington.

Trey Johnson's OVs are to Penn St., USC, OSU, and Auburn. He will decide on a 5th OV between Florida and florida state after his UOV to Florida this weekend.

Derrick Green has had Oregon to his final 6 since he cut it down to 6 in June.

Roderick Johnson is our new top target at OL.

Does that mean we're off Khaliel Rodgers (sp)?

Thanks for the update, as always.

No. KR is still the top priority but it will be tough getting him down here because his high school coach only wants him to visit USC during the season.

I do not think Trey should be listedd as a soft verbal. Some recruiting services show commits as soft verbals if they are visiting other schools. I think Trey has said he is committed to AU and will stay AU unless something very significant changes at AU. E, what do you think.

I would consider Trey as a soft but we can hold onto him depending on what coaching changes are made or not made.

Some corrections.

Foster will also visit Miami along with LSU and Washington.

Trey Johnson's OVs are to Penn St., USC, OSU, and Auburn. He will decide on a 5th OV between Florida and florida state after his UOV to Florida this weekend.

Derrick Green has had Oregon to his final 6 since he cut it down to 6 in June.

Foster - you are correct. Forgot about Miami.

Johnson - you are correct. I didn't put Florida St on his list because it is a long shot.

Green - Yes. Right now, four schools are recruiting him heavily.

I would consider Trey as a soft but we can hold onto him depending on what coaching changes are made or not made.

Remember when I reported that Scout had changed Trey to a soft verbal right when it happened and that we needed to keep an eye on it ? At the time I pointed out to "certain" posters that Scout doesn't always change a recruit to a soft verbal just for an OV and they said it's Scout's policy. As you can see they do not do it automatically. An example, Reuben has not been changed to a Scout soft verbal even though he has announced official visits.

Remember when I reported that Scout had changed Trey to a soft verbal right when it happened and that we needed to keep an eye on it ? At the time I pointed out to "certain" posters that Scout doesn't always change a recruit to a soft verbal just for an OV and they said it's Scout's policy. As you can see they do not do it automatically. An example, Reuben has not been changed to a Scout soft verbal even though he has announced official visits.

Please stop pushing Scout. They were still wrong about Trey.They were late. TBH Trey was soft the moment Reuben flipped.. I just did not want to say it publicly.

Pushing Scout ? I'm not even sure what that means. You mean in pointing out the example of an inaccuracy as I did above ? I responded the other day to a post that said Scout "always changes a status to a soft verbal on an OV". That was incorrect and could have just been left at that.

Now you say they are wrong because they were late ? OK, I'll address that. Even if they were late, being late doesn't make them wrong. In fact you just verified that they were right all along and it had nothing to do with an OV.

Please stop pushing Scout. They were still wrong about Trey.They were late. TBH Trey was soft the moment Reuben flipped.. I just did not want to say it publicly.

Pushing Scout ? I'm not even sure what that means. I responded the other day to a post that said Scout "always changes a status to a soft verbal on an OV". That was incorrect.

Now you say they are wrong because they were late ? OK, I'll address that. Even if they were late, being late doesn't make them wrong. In fact you just verified that they were right all along and it had nothing to do with an OV.

That makes no sense at all.First off they did not have Trey as soft for any legitimate reason back then. That UGA rat Chad Simmons just put soft out there and lo and behold the bum got lucky and was right. Only reason he did it back then was because he is a butt sniffer. My point is in all your posts about the subject you were referencing Scout like they are actually good. They are the worst of the 4 recruiting sites and apparently everyone knows that but you.

Makes no sense ? You are trying to change the subject E. The issue was that Scout does not automatically change a status to "soft verbal" on an OV as was said. The Reuben case proves that to be the case. I will assume you accept that now since you choose not to address that.

As far as Trey goes, you just volunteered that he went to a soft verbal as soon as Reuben flipped. That validates that the reason wasn't an OV in the first place right ? Makes perfect sense to me. Your opinions regarding Scout, as opposed to facts, don't change that. As far as Scout itself is concerned, I was referencing Scout the other day not because they are or are not good compared to another. On that I have no opinion. It was because they just so happened to be the one that had changed Trey to a soft verbal. Hence the topic.

Archived