If Tuberville left because of going 13-0

TigerDevil

I was just wondering what if Auburn does go 13-0, do you think Tubs will leave if the NFL comes calling.

No. 1 on my coaching list would be Borges.

116068[/snapback]

Leave to go to the NFL for little or no more money (less when you think about the low cost of living in Auburn)? Leave when he could stay in Auburn and be a god for years and years?

I don't think so...he'll be around for a while.

Honestly, I think if Tuberville was going to get into the NFL he would have gone when Johnson asked him to go to the Cowboys with him back in the 80's.

If he were to leave I think Borges would be a good choice. His been around both successful and unsuccessful programs. Has a real passion for the college game and would probably make a good recruiter. His willingness to work with the current staff and not have bad blood with Nall makes me think that he knows how to develop a staff that works well together.

That's assuming we don't play in the Orange Bowl, right? OK, I'll play. I would like to hire Sylvester Crooms away from MSU just to p#$$ the bammies off even more. :D

i doubt he would even get offers, but if he did, the money would be a LOT better. the lowest paid of nfl coaches makes almost as much as bobby stoops. i just don't see anyone throwing more money at tubby than we will.

Who in the NFL would want him? Lets not kid ourselves. We all know that Tuberville is merely the sum of his parts. Without Borges, we would be just like last year's team. Tuberville and the NFL dont mix. I think Tuberville would LOVE a shot at the NFL, but dont count on an NFL team coming for him.

Tommy is a perfect fit where he is now. He can stay here for 5-10 more years and retire with a Stadium named after him, or the field, half the roads in Auburn, or whatever. He can retire an SEC Legend, wealthy, respected, and revered by the SEC Family.

Look at Spurrier in the NFL. We have a real live example of a great coach getting creamed in the NFL.

Bobby Ross was a MNC Winner at :gt: , got shot up in the NFL and is now at Army?

ETC. etc, etc.

CTT is in a fine situation now to make not just a name but maybe a Legend of his own. If he wins an MNC? Hell, he'll own the :au: campus and fan base.

you don't get NFL consideration if you only have one great season. He's been so critisized in the past couple of years, this would never happen.

Tommy is a perfect fit where he is now. He can stay here for 5-10 more years and retire with a Stadium named after him, or the field, half the roads in Auburn, or whatever. He can retire an SEC Legend, wealthy, respected, and revered by the SEC Family.

Look at Spurrier in the NFL. We have a real live example of a great coach getting creamed in the NFL.

Bobby Ross was a MNC Winner at :gt: , got shot up in the NFL and is now at Army?

ETC. etc, etc.

CTT is in a fine situation now to make not just a name but maybe a Legend of his own. If he wins an MNC? Hell, he'll own the :au: campus and fan base.

116173[/snapback]

I'm afraid we're starting to sound like Corndogs.

"Saban is a God!!"

I'm a huge Tuberville supporter, but Tuberville hasn't done JACK yet. YET!!

ETC. etc, etc.

116173[/snapback]

I'm afraid we're starting to sound like Corndogs.

"Saban is a God!!"

I'm a huge Tuberville supporter, but Tuberville hasn't done JACK yet. YET!!

116185[/snapback]

Hey guy, I NEVER said he is a legend yet. I saiod he could potentially be one though. Win a MNC and see what I mean.

DKW, My prayer is that WE get a chance to find out ! ! ! :)

ONE at a time... WAR EAGLE ! ! ! :au:

you don't get NFL consideration if you only have one great season. He's been so critisized in the past couple of years, this would never happen.

116174[/snapback]

This is why I don't think we even have to worry about other colleges coming after him right away. He needs a couple or more consistent top-5 seasons before a school that can match Auburn's bucks will come a-courtin'.

Our assistants, Chizik & Borges, are going to get inticing offers before CTT gets an offer that will take him away from the Plains. [unless of course the BOT raises its ugly head again.]

I could see Tubbs leaving after this year with or with out a NC. Just to give the BOT and the ADMIN a big F.YOU They have treated him like crap the past few seasons which he never deserved. He doesn't need more money he doesn't need hype he jwould make a huge point if he were to leave.

I personally hope he doenst leave anytime soon, but I guess I am too pesimistic.....

I never say never any more when it comes to coaching moves. Regardless of his past record, which ain't chopped liver by the way, one good season makes you a candidate for all kinds of things. We're in a what have you done lately world where you're only as good as your last win.

Don't forget that the complaining about CTT came from AU folks and the media in this state. The rest of the country looked at us like we were crazy for trying to fire a winning coach. If AU continues to stay in the MNC hunt, there will be offers made. By whom, I don't know, but there will be offers.

even if we won the MNC (which is still a long shot) CTT would not be courted by NFL teams.

However, if he was - I would rather have Chizik then Borges. Chizik is designed to be a HC, and we will risk losing him every year to a team looking for a new HC. Borges is more of a career coordinator.

Also, Chizik has proven himself at AU for 3 years, Borges for less then 1.

I think Tuberville would LOVE a shot at the NFL, but dont count on an NFL team coming for him.

116116[/snapback]

Why do you assume CTT would LOVE to go to the NFL?? Some people are quite content as college coaches - to be honest, I don't know why, other than $$$, any self-respecting coach who loves the game would want to coach a buncha disloyal overpaid children with bad attitudes and huge egos who make a zillion times more $$$ than their boss! Throw in owners that make BOT look like happy campers and fans who pay too much for tickets so expect a Super Bowl every year, and that adds up to disaster.

To me, college coaches going pro is NOT a promotion, and staying a college coach is not a waste of a career.

Good God, don't we have enough to be concerned with now rather than make absurd issues out of TT going to the pros? FIrst of all, TT isn't going anywhere! He's not a pro coach and in my judgement would be a poor one because he seems to be connected to the student athlete and loves that role. Coach Superior found out that there is a vast difference in coaching kids and coaching grown men who wouldn't put up with his ego and his treating them like kids. If Tubs can pull this season off with style, he can write his own ticket at Auburn much the same way that Coach Dye did before the trouble he got in. :au:

Norm Chow, Chan Gailey, Bobby Ross, Spurrier, anymore ex-NFL Coaches in College ranks now?

Who is the HC at Hawaii?

If Coach Tuberville go's 13-0 and wins a NC this year after knowing that his boss's tried to fire him... I would definitely say that he would entertain any serious head coaching offers that would come from the NFL. out of spite if anything.

I would hope that he would stay and I would think he would want to for several years to come. To FINALLY enjoy the program that he has turned Auburn Football into. While making a pretty penny.

Having a spit clean program, knock on wood. And a team that looks like we are getting better and better each week. I honestly believe we are going to run the table this year. I was in school when we went undefeated in '93. And it was really an unbelievable time to have total domination of the SEC. I believe that time has come again!

War Eagle

CTT HAS DEVELOPED A WINNING PROGRAM WITH CLASS.

WE'RE REGAINING LEGITIMACY IN THE NATIONAL SPORTS MEDIA.

CTT IS CONSISTENTLY IMPROVING THE GRADUATION RATE.

President Richardson, AD Housel, BOT...

DON'T DO ANYTHING STUPID (again) to ruin it.

DON'T MESS WITH AUBURN!

Archived