2013 4* RB Jordan Wilkins (Ole Miss signee)

RunInRed

SIAP, but Jordan Wilkins will announce his decision on Wednesday. I know Ellitor said it wouldn't be till August and he's a great source for info, but apparently Wilkins is going to do it a little sooner.

@ 10:00 am

Actually will be night now.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SIAP, but Jordan Wilkins will announce his decision on Wednesday. I know Ellitor said it wouldn't be till August and he's a great source for info, but apparently Wilkins is going to do it a little sooner.

:laugh: Yeah, read the last couple of pages of discussion...;) No worries though, bro! :thumbsup:

My bad, homie. I noticed the thread was towards the bottom of the first page on the recruiting board so I assumed it hadn't been addressed. BUT, you know what they say when you "assume."  :-[

Jonesy on Wilkins...

We've put the breaks on Wilkins until we get some other targets on campus. If we strike out, I'm guessing a late August commitment by Wilkins...(Answering who is higher on the coaches' board) D. Green, Bryant. Then we'll see. We wont be settling for Wilkins. He's too talented for that to be the case.

If true, I have thought this for a month also.

I respectfully disagree. Looks like He is announcing real soon and it appears to be Auburn.

It could just as easily be Vandy with his family wanting him there.

It's not.

Cookedw with the confidence --  I like it.

:thumbsup:

All I am stating is what I was told earlier today.

And FWIW, Wilkins is my #2 RB behind Green, but too good to pass up. JMO

And I am sure your source is more credible than Jonesy (says Vandy is still very much in it), who is a very respected source on multiple sites, right? Geez with these folks correcting others and their foolproof sources.

Post like these make me laugh.

When did/have I even stated that my "source(s)" were better than Jonesy. Jonesy has always brought great info to this board and is one of the reasons I enjoy this board.

All I posted was what I was told. Vandy was always going to be a player for Wilkins with his brother walking on there, but Wilkins has always favored Auburn. Things can always change and this kid could end up at Vandy.  But with the guy I talked to stating that he would most likely pick Auburn this week and Wilkins now saying he plans to announce on Wednesday at 10 make me fel pretty good about the info.

Ok, since my post made you laugh I will break it down and explain why it sounded like you believe your sources are more credible. Short, vague statements that sound factual.

You didn't actually SAY your sources were more credible, but it was implied. When ellitor said "It could just as easily be vandy" your simple reply was "it's not". That is a statement of fact in the english language and not a statement of opinion. So it makes it sound like where others are giving opinions, you believe what you say to be fact, and therefore, more credible information.

FWIW, I hope you are right about Wilkins and I agree with you about wanting Green. Its just that to me there is no reason to flat out tell someone they are wrong when even Wilkins probably doesn't know for sure.

Not sure if serious with this post. If you are bieng serious, you take stuff way too literal.

Are really trying to say that everyone who posts any type of info should preface it with, "According to my source" or "I was just told" just so you will be able to understand that is being meant when anyone post information? Really?

I am not an insider and have never claimed to be one, I have gotten lucky to get a few pieces of info here and there.

Ellitor/Jonesy, if you thought I had disrespected you or was trying to show you up, I apologize.  That was nowhere near my intention.  Just trying to share information that I was told.

War Eagle!

Half serious, half smart a**...I'll be honest I was probably a little more on the smart a** side though. I'm sure you meant no harm, there are just a lot of people on sites like these that always know better than others. Upon further review, you did nothing wrong, I was just being an a-hole. I apologize.

Auburn or Vandy. Decision before noon ct according to twitter.

What tweet? BMatt says it will be night now.

Per Rivals, a commitment from 4* #11 RB #128 overall Jordan Wilkins will jump us past OSU, Texas, Alabama, and Florida into 7th place in the team rankings...

Current - #11 w/ 1881 points

JW adds 147 points (120 for being a 5.9 + 27 bonus for Rivals 250)

1881 + 147 = 2,028

17 total commits, (3) 5*, (3) 4*, (9) 3*, (2) 2* [kickers]

With an assumed 22 total for this 13' class, we will be able to take 5 more after JW.

Auburn or Vandy. Decision before noon ct according to twitter.

What tweet? BMatt says it will be night now.

Keith N. : "Just spoke with his father, who tells me it's Auburn or Vandy. Decision will come tomorrow before noon CT"

Per Rivals, a commitment from 4* #11 RB #128 overall Jordan Wilkins will jump us past OSU, Texas, Alabama, and Florida into 7th place in the team rankings...

Current - #11 w/ 1881 points

JW adds 147 points (120 for being a 5.9 + 27 bonus for Rivals 250)

1881 + 147 = 2,028

17 total commits, (3) 5*, (3) 4*, (9) 3*, (2) 2* [kickers]

With an assumed 22 total for this 13' class, we will be able to take 5 more after JW.

To go along with this. I have calculated Scout and The Ringer team rankings with Wilkins and we will be 7th and 9th on those 2 sites as well....And between 4th and 6th on 247 also.

Jonesy on Wilkins...

We've put the breaks on Wilkins until we get some other targets on campus. If we strike out, I'm guessing a late August commitment by Wilkins...(Answering who is higher on the coaches' board) D. Green, Bryant. Then we'll see. We wont be settling for Wilkins. He's too talented for that to be the case.

If true, I have thought this for a month also.

I respectfully disagree. Looks like He is announcing real soon and it appears to be Auburn.

It could just as easily be Vandy with his family wanting him there.

It's not.

Cookedw with the confidence --  I like it.

:thumbsup:

All I am stating is what I was told earlier today.

And FWIW, Wilkins is my #2 RB behind Green, but too good to pass up. JMO

And I am sure your source is more credible than Jonesy (says Vandy is still very much in it), who is a very respected source on multiple sites, right? Geez with these folks correcting others and their foolproof sources.

Post like these make me laugh.

When did/have I even stated that my "source(s)" were better than Jonesy. Jonesy has always brought great info to this board and is one of the reasons I enjoy this board.

All I posted was what I was told. Vandy was always going to be a player for Wilkins with his brother walking on there, but Wilkins has always favored Auburn. Things can always change and this kid could end up at Vandy.  But with the guy I talked to stating that he would most likely pick Auburn this week and Wilkins now saying he plans to announce on Wednesday at 10 make me fel pretty good about the info.

Ok, since my post made you laugh I will break it down and explain why it sounded like you believe your sources are more credible. Short, vague statements that sound factual.

You didn't actually SAY your sources were more credible, but it was implied. When ellitor said "It could just as easily be vandy" your simple reply was "it's not". That is a statement of fact in the english language and not a statement of opinion. So it makes it sound like where others are giving opinions, you believe what you say to be fact, and therefore, more credible information.

FWIW, I hope you are right about Wilkins and I agree with you about wanting Green. Its just that to me there is no reason to flat out tell someone they are wrong when even Wilkins probably doesn't know for sure.

Not sure if serious with this post. If you are bieng serious, you take stuff way too literal.

Are really trying to say that everyone who posts any type of info should preface it with, "According to my source" or "I was just told" just so you will be able to understand that is being meant when anyone post information? Really?

I am not an insider and have never claimed to be one, I have gotten lucky to get a few pieces of info here and there.

Ellitor/Jonesy, if you thought I had disrespected you or was trying to show you up, I apologize.  That was nowhere near my intention.  Just trying to share information that I was told.

War Eagle!

Half serious, half smart a**...I'll be honest I was probably a little more on the smart a** side though. I'm sure you meant no harm, there are just a lot of people on sites like these that always know better than others. Upon further review, you did nothing wrong, I was just being an a-hole. I apologize.

Don't sweat it.

BM was just asked:  Do you feel good or great about our chances?  Answer..........Tony the Tiger could only say it better!! GREEEAAT!!

i just am not as excited about him as some are....he is a good back but his straight up running style will get him decapitated in the SEC.....i still like dye the best of the two

i just am not as excited about him as some are....he is a good back but his straight up running style will get him decapitated in the SEC.....i still like dye the best of the two

Ppl said the same thing about Steven Jackson....they were wrong.

And d-mac

And d-mac

and cam

He is a soon-to-be Senior in high school, playing football in the less-than-stellar state of TN. I'm guessing that he hasn't received a ton of proper technique training. Than can be worked on. He will not be expected to come in and contribute as a freshman.

He is a soon-to-be Senior in high school, playing football in the less-than-stellar state of TN. I'm guessing that he hasn't received a ton of proper technique training. Than can be worked on. He will not be expected to come in and contribute as a freshman.

Even still if you watch his film he has the best hips of any of the 4 we are recruiting and is the 2nd strongest runner IMO.

The only little fact that is bothering me is his mention of wanting early playing time.

Looking around Vandy would then be the logical choice.

I hope that I am wrong.....

Vandy actually has a much better stable of solid SEC caliber football players at the running back position then they have in the past. For as tough a job as Vanderbilt has proven to be in terms of getting players able to compete day in and day out from a talent standpoint in the SEC, franklin has done a mighty fine job there. I would not be surprised to see JW stay in state as that seems to be Franklins focus. I would even suggest that they have done a better job at keeping in state talent than UT since Franklin has been there. So that is why I wouldn't be at all surprised to see JW choose vandy.

Archived