2013 4* RB Jordan Wilkins (Ole Miss signee)

RunInRed

Vandy actually has a much better stable of solid SEC caliber football players at the running back position then they have in the past. For as tough a job as Vanderbilt has proven to be in terms of getting players able to compete day in and day out from a talent standpoint in the SEC, franklin has done a mighty fine job there. I would not be surprised to see JW stay in state as that seems to be Franklins focus. I would even suggest that they have done a better job at keeping in state talent than UT since Franklin has been there. So that is why I wouldn't be at all surprised to see JW choose vandy.

Vandy is definitely on an upswing right now. Franklin is very impressive -- just watched him on SEC media days. I think this is not the laugher it once was, and Vandy is a viable contender for Wilkins.

That said, I'd love to see him in orange and blue!

:we:

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Keith Niebuhr

Not only is tomorrow announcement day for Jordan Wilkins but it's his 18th birthday. #Auburn #Vanderbilt

RT @JoshEzzell: @Niebuhr247 Is Auburn the leader for Wilkins? /// IMO, yes. But Vandy has done a great job and his brother plays there

BM Feels Great...

Auburn Eagle Tweet

‏@AuburnEagle

With RB Jordan Wilkins down to ‪#Auburn‬ and ‪#Vandy‬ I expect him to commit to ‪#Auburn‬ tomorrow

I like it...  :we:

franklin talks a very good game. however, for all his yacking he could not beat the worst tennessee team in several decades. sorry, I don't consider that "on the upswing."

franklin talks a very good game. however, for all his yacking he could not beat the worst tennessee team in several decades. sorry, I don't consider that "on the upswing."

That and he picks his asst. coaches based on how hot their wives are...

That how he picks his asst. coaches based on how hot their wives are...

In little league baseball that is how we old coaches picked the last round or two, how hot is the the kids mom.

Per Rivals, a commitment from 4* #11 RB #128 overall Jordan Wilkins will jump us past OSU, Texas, Alabama, and Florida into 7th place in the team rankings...

Current - #11 w/ 1881 points

JW adds 147 points (120 for being a 5.9 + 27 bonus for Rivals 250)

1881 + 147 = 2,028

17 total commits, (3) 5*, (3) 4*, (9) 3*, (2) 2* [kickers]

With an assumed 22 total for this 13' class, we will be able to take 5 more after JW.

Not after two or three Bammer recruits magically get that fifth star, kind of like Cooper Bateman (note this was not directed toward Bama TE committ OJ Howard cause he is just a beast simple as that)

That how he picks his asst. coaches based on how hot their wives are...

In little league baseball that is how we old coaches picked the last round or two, how hot is the the kids mom.

Ahh yes, the GLM (Good Looking Mom) Picks.  :thumbsup:

Per Rivals, a commitment from 4* #11 RB #128 overall Jordan Wilkins will jump us past OSU, Texas, Alabama, and Florida into 7th place in the team rankings...

Current - #11 w/ 1881 points

JW adds 147 points (120 for being a 5.9 + 27 bonus for Rivals 250)

1881 + 147 = 2,028

17 total commits, (3) 5*, (3) 4*, (9) 3*, (2) 2* [kickers]

With an assumed 22 total for this 13' class, we will be able to take 5 more after JW.

Not after two or three Bammer recruits magically get that fifth star, kind of like Cooper Bateman (note this was not directed toward Bama TE committ OJ Howard cause he is just a beast simple as that)

Well since I can't predict the future I am using current available info and that info says we jump to 7 with a JW commitment, assuming no other teams gain a commit in the meantime.

So did we decide on a commitment time? E, or KK do we get JW?  :we:

Between 10:30 and 11.

That's AM, CST.

That and he picks his asst. coaches based on how hot their wives are...

Now that's just good sense.

"@jordanwilkins2: I want to thank all the recruiting analysts for keeping up with me during my college situation. Means a lot"

Seems like a good kid judging from that tweet.

"@jordanwilkins2: I want to thank all the recruiting analysts for keeping up with me during my college situation. Means a lot"

I remember that D J Hatch addressed this earlier, perhaps in this thread, stating that Jordan is one of the nicest, well-spoken kids he's ever profiled in this recruiting circus.  Yeah, that doesn't translate into on-the-field success, but IMO it means a lot in predicting his future at Auburn.

I remember that D J Hatch addressed this earlier, perhaps in this thread, stating that Jordan is one of the nicest, well-spoken kids he's ever profiled in this recruiting circus.  Yeah, that doesn't translate into on-the-field success, but IMO it means a lot in predicting his future at Auburn.

Agreed. I'll root for this kid regardless of where he goes (unless he flips to UAT  ;))

Assuming he picks us.  Which I really hope that he does!

I mean 'upswing' relative to Vandy. I think they are aspiring to be the Northwestern of the SEC, rather than the perennial doormat. The East is down now, and they will likely beat Kentucky again. They have a shot against Tennessee. They'd need one more conference win to improve on last year's SEC record -- I think that's probably achievable, given that they play Ole Miss this year. Go to another bowl, and I'd say a good case can be made they are on the upswing (for Vandy). They also play Northwestern this year -- would be a good win for the narrative.

Don't get me wrong -- I do not think Vandy is to the SEC what Stanford is to the Pac12(or however many). But I bet that is what they are shooting for. That's what I'd be preaching, anyway. And I'd be selling the academics hard: come play in the best football conference in America and get the best education the SEC has to offer.

Again, I hope we beat them for Wilkins, and I sure as heck think we will stomp them on the field this season. Just playing devil's advocate here.

:we:

There's not much inside info floating around about his decision.  I hope I'm wrong but I think he stays closer to home, Vandy.  Hope I'm wrong. 

There's not much inside info floating around about his decision.  I hope I'm wrong but I think he stays closer to home, Vandy.  Hope I'm wrong. 

Nooooo! That isn't what I want to hear. This kid is such a good fit at Auburn.

Yeah I wouldn't be too shocked either way....

The timing makes me think it is Auburn.  Reasoning is that SEC Media Days are in progress, Vandy's turn at the microphone was yesterday, Auburn's is this afternoon.  If it was Vandy, it would have helped Vandy's presence yesterday for him to have announced just prior to their turn at the microphone.

... but we will see soon enough if the reports of the announcement are correct.

Archived