2013 4* RB Jordan Wilkins (Ole Miss signee)

RunInRed

So, do you believe that Dye/Wilkins/Kamara (these 3 seems like the top priorities) are all equal in the coaches eyes and they would be happy with any or are we more actively pursuing one more than the others?

IMO....I think Wilkins is our guy. Kamara may end up in the picture but that's pretty unclear right now. Should know more in June.

Not that this is the ultimate word, but I asked Keith Neihbur with Rivals this question and he seemed to think Wilkins/Dye more likely than Kamara.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i know there has been some debate as to if we sign more than 1 RB.  i think we do.  hard not to take 2 of these guys if they want to sign with us.  instant size/strength.  hate to go here, but will ... reminds me a little of using ronnie brown in the pseudo FB role with caddie.  take one of these guys who will be playing at 220 lbs and put him in the backfield with another RB ... dont use them as a prototype fullback ... this may eleviate us from getting just anything but the absolute best fullbacks, just to fill a fullback spot. 

any 2 of those 3 guys is exciting.  particularly with our new 6'6" qb (who will probably play at around 235-240.  dont know how these guys will play in college, but they sure will look good off the bus.

Mustache - are you sure about that? Qb's that big? Has that ever happened?

:-X

i know there has been some debate as to if we sign more than 1 RB.  i think we do.  hard not to take 2 of these guys if they want to sign with us.  instant size/strength.  hate to go here, but will ... reminds me a little of using ronnie brown in the pseudo FB role with caddie.  take one of these guys who will be playing at 220 lbs and put him in the backfield with another RB ... dont use them as a prototype fullback ... this may eleviate us from getting just anything but the absolute best fullbacks, just to fill a fullback spot. 

any 2 of those 3 guys is exciting.  particularly with our new 6'6" qb (who will probably play at around 235-240.  dont know how these guys will play in college, but they sure will look good off the bus.

Probably best suited to play TE or LB.  :thumbsup:

Probably best suited to play TE or LB.  :thumbsup:

you guys are right ... never get a kid that size to play effectively at QB in the sec ... to slow and unathletic.  bad arm mechanics.  could not possibly work out.  what was i thinking.  maybe he could be a 3rd string de or something ...  ;D

Coach says: "We don't always redshirt freshmen if they are ready to play and we need them. Whatever is best for the team"

Player hears: "We don't ever redshirt freshmen. You will play the first game." :P

Him and 2013 Memphis Center are friends I say we sign Wilkins and Billingsley

You're all about this Billingsley aren't you?

That's what I was thinking, all five of his posts are about this guy.

Welcome to the board, Mr. Billingsley.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: i was too..

^^This^^

Couldn't agree more! Welcome!

Jordan Wilkins says he won't be able to compete at tomorrow's Memphis Nike Camp. "Giving my ankle time to heal."

4-star running back Jordan Wilkins from St. Benedict in Cordova, Tenn., will visit Auburn for the first time Monday. Auburn is already among the leaders for Wilkins after offering a few weeks ago.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Board/42/4-star-RB-Jordan-Wilkins-visiting-Auburn-Monday-9919398 (free content)

522658.jpg

Jordan Wilkins, RB

Cordova, TN

6'1 / 212 / 4.41

Offers: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Cincinnati, Memphis, Michigan, Middle Tennessee State, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Purdue, Tennessee, Texas Tech, Vanderbilt and Wisconsin, among others.

247Sports: 4* (Top247)

Rivals: 4* (Rivals250)

Scout: 3*

St. Benedict running back Jordan Wilkins (center) was a Tennessee Secondary Schools Athletic Association Mr. Football finalist. St. Benedict running back Jordan Wilkins (center) was a Tennessee Secondary Schools Athletic Association Mr. Football finalist.

http://auburn.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=8&c=1&nid=5739797

Guest EagleDamnWar

He wants to make a decision before the season starts.  Hopefully in the summer. "As soon as I feel like I fit and it's the place, I'm going to commit and end it. I don't want to commit before I'm sure."

Also says that if he likes it at Auburn on Monday then he will commit.

Won't be camping at Auburn because he re-injured ankle playing bball.

He will commit if he "likes it at Auburn."  How can you come to Auburn and not love it down here?  :dunno:  I never want to leave.  Im hoping for great news sometime today!!!  :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

He will commit if he "likes it at Auburn."  How can you come to Auburn and not love it down here?  :dunno:  I never want to leave.  Im hoping for great news sometime today!!!   :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Even if he absolutely loves it, I don't see him committing on the visit. That's just my opinion. I think he wants to visit Michigan, uncommitted, and give both programs a true shot at him. I think that's fair and smart.

In the end, I see us landing him though.

He will commit if he "likes it at Auburn."  How can you come to Auburn and not love it down here?  :dunno:  I never want to leave.  Im hoping for great news sometime today!!!   :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Even if he absolutely loves it, I don't see him committing on the visit. That's just my opinion. I think he wants to visit Michigan, uncommitted, and give both programs a true shot at him. I think that's fair and smart.

I think the big question maybe who does Michigan have higher on their board Wilkins or Derrick Green.. I hope Wilkins does not miss out on a great opportunity with us while waiting for a team that ends up picking the other guy.

I think the big question maybe who does Michigan have higher on their board Wilkins or Derrick Green.. I hope Wilkins does not miss out on a great opportunity with us while waiting for a team that ends up picking the other guy.

They don't have much of a shot with Green, and neither do we.

Wilkins moved to the top of Michigan's board when Isaac went to USC.

meta or anyone else who follows this stuff closer than most ... any idea where Wilkins sits on our RB board and if the internet innuendo about a possible commit is well-founded?

Archived