2013 4* RB Jordan Wilkins (Ole Miss signee)

RunInRed

According to our usual suspects, we didn't want him and the new coaches have not contacted him hoping he would do just this and decommit. Seems funny to be casually shucking off a 4* running back with outstanding skills as a receiver. I have a feeling this is our loss.

Oh well, we picked up a 3* saftey today so all is good, right?

Yeah, this ones hard to figure out. Either the coaches just decided to not take a chance with his injury, which many players have come back from, or they thought he wasn't as good as his rating suggested. I think Ole Miss will likely get a steal with this kid.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Picked up two and lost one this weekend. Lots of things going down on the recruiting front. I for one have been impressed with what the new staff has accomplished so far. Hope we can finish strong over the next couple of weeks!

According to our usual suspects, we didn't want him and the new coaches have not contacted him hoping he would do just this and decommit. Seems funny to be casually shucking off a 4* running back with outstanding skills as a receiver. I have a feeling this is our loss.

Yeah, this ones hard to figure out. Either the coaches just decided to not take a chance with his injury, which many players have come back from, or they thought he wasn't as good as his rating suggested. I think Ole Miss will likely get a steal with this kid.

There is a 3rd possibility. The coaches may not think Wilkins is as good as a fit for the offense as Green, Bryant, or Barber.

There is a 3rd possibility. The coaches may not think Wilkins is as good as a fit for the offense as Green, Bryant, or Barber.

Maybe not but Green, Bryant and Barber aren't committed to Auburn. Wilkins was.

I agree E...and they have to feel Really confident in getting one of the three to let him go so easily. I wish I knew who it is...the suspense is killing me, but its why I love following recruiting. WDE

Maybe not but Green, Bryant and Barber aren't committed to Auburn. Wilkins was.

None are commited as far as we know, that's correct. Of course, it's possible that the actual coaching staff knows something we don't.

I think you hit the nail on the head and I think Jordan had his doubts as well. Nice to see the class Jordan is showing and wish him the best of luck.

War Eagle !

Best of luck to Jordan! I was hoping to see him on our side, but I guess he decided it wasn't best for him.

According to those allegedly "in the know" we ditched him. I hope this move doesn't end up biting us in the butt.

I hate this for the kid. He was sought after by a lot of big programs before the injury. Good luck to him - I'd be proud to see him at Auburn.

Best of luck to Jordan! I was hoping to see him on our side, but I guess he decided it wasn't best for him.

According to those allegedly "in the know" we ditched him. I hope this move doesn't end up biting us in the butt.

I agree because I don't think we wind up getting Green, Bryant, or Folston. I think we have a shot with Barber, but I personally think if he flips he winds up at TN

Good kid, class act, tough and big RB, wish he would have been on the Plains. As I said earlier in the thread, JW was one of the 2 RBs (DG the other) I wanted for Auburn a long time ago. I usually don't wish a kid good luck when they decommit but in Jordan Wilkins case I actually do wish him well. I hope his injury is completely healed and he has a good college career, except for Auburn games.

To me this says CGM is satisfied that he will be set at RB next year.

To me it says that CGM has in mind what he wants for his specific offense, and he is going after the players that best work in it. Whether we gave up on this kid or he chose to go somewhere else is debatable. I wish him luck where ever he goes. I think CGM has in mind exactly what he wants for 2013 and is going after those players with a very determined staff, (as is witnessed in the 2 players who flipped to us on Sunday.) I think CGM & Co. get who they feel best helps them. Are there some big time recruits out there that they would want, and won't get? Sure, but this is the first recruiting class. Look for next year and beyond to be the really telling years in how much talent this amazing staff can pull.

War Eagle!!

I'm bumping this for your Mikey because after a few days of being decommitted there has been absolutely zero talk of trying to recruit Wilkins back to Auburn. Sounds a lot like a staff that was parting ways with him after all your talk that that could not possibly be true.

I'm bumping this for your Mikey because after a few days of being decommitted there has been absolutely zero talk of trying to recruit Wilkins back to Auburn. Sounds a lot like a staff that was parting ways with him after all your talk that that could not possibly be true.

PJM you are wasting your time.

• 2 weeks later...

Where did I say anything other than our staff dumped him? Why would they want him back after dumping him? I think they made a mistake but I don't get a million dollars for my thoughts, they do.

I think you're confused. Claims were made that we also dumped Jarrad Davis and I don't think that's true. Also doubt that Sills was dumped.

Archived