2013 4* RB Jordan Wilkins (Ole Miss signee)

RunInRed

Well, IF we had truly needed it that badly, Westerman and Robinson would have played last year.   ;)

In retrospect they should have and the coaches realize they made a mistake there.

I can't agree with that. Last year was a rebuilding year, nothing more, nothing less. Both of those guys needed the year of conditioning, not to mention some time spent learning their place (i.e. no bigger than the team).

So what better time to get two inexperienced, but extremely talented, OL some PT to prepare them to protect a young QB than when you are in a rebuilding year.  We now risk having two rebuilding years if it takes our OL several weeks to gel.

If they weren't ready then you run the risk of demoralizing them to the point that it affects their potential. Westerman did need a redshirt year, and Robinson may or may not have been any better. Plus we did have a couple of seniors who likely did at least as well as the two true freshmen would have.

I do understand your point, and to an extent at least I agree with it, but I think this coaching staff has earned the right to do things their own way.

I agree that we should trust in our coaches who are at practice everyday, but from an outsider and in retrospect I do not dount for a minute the Greg Robinson would have performed better then AJ Greene.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw on another site someone saying wilkins cancelled his trip to michigan  because he was ready to commit to auburn Suppose to be bringing his mom back to auburn.  I don't know that poster very well and it wasn't backed up by anyone  I trust so hopefully he' s right.

I saw on another site someone saying wilkins cancelled his trip to michigan  because he was ready to commit to auburn Suppose to be bringing his mom back to auburn.  I don't know that poster very well and it wasn't backed up by anyone  I trust so hopefully he' s right.

He took the ACT instead of visiting Mich today.

He looks like a legit RB.  I was hoping Michigan would be able to make a pay for him, but it looks like Auburn has him locked up.  His tape is very impressive.  Auburn is getting a good one.

He looks like a legit RB.  I was hoping Michigan would be able to make a pay for him, but it looks like Auburn has him locked up.  His tape is very impressive.  Auburn is getting a good one.

How many spots do you guys have left and what is the choice at RB if Auburn lands Wilkins?

How many spots do you guys have left and what is the choice at RB if Auburn lands Wilkins?

Michigan looks to have 3-4 spots left.  They are likely targeting another DL, preferably SDE, and then will go BPA for the remaining spots.  The buzz is WR Laquon Treadwell will pull the trigger for Michigan in the near future.  With Wilkins off the board, Michigan's sole option for a stud RB in the class is Derrick Green, who has blown up on the recruiting services and is being heavily targeted by Ohio State. 

You guys are putting together a pretty amazing class with or without him.

Michigan looks to have 3-4 spots left.  They are likely targeting another DL, preferably SDE, and then will go BPA for the remainingfrY mI spots.  The buzz is WR Laquon Treadwell will pull the trigger for Michigan in the near future.  With Wilkins off the board, Michigan's sole option for a stud RB in the class is Derrick Green, who has blown up on the recruiting services  is being heavily targeted by Ohio State. 

Ive actually heard Michigan is in pretty good shape with Green, but I agree that your class is in good shape regardless.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest EagleDamnWar

New article today.  “Auburn is still way up there. I’m not going to lie, it’s probably my No. 1 school right now". Just visited Vandy last week.  Will try to visit Michigan next week.  May visit Tennessee.  Decision in summer.

I think Wilkins is going to end up being our back in this class. Ty Dye only gets in if Wilkins goes elsewhere, IMO.

Guest EagleDamnWar

Blurb on Jordan Wilkins after his visit to Michigan.

"TN RB Jordan Wilkins stopped by on Tuesday for a quick three-hour visit, and there's very little in the way of visit reaction from him thus far. 247's Clint Brewster did post on their message board that Wilkins's father, who wasn't on the trip, said the visit went "very well" for Jordan. There's discussion of a potential visit later in the summer, which would greatly improve Michigan's chances of getting Wilkins, but for now it's safe to assume that Auburn is still the prohibitive favorite."

I would love to get Wilkins and add Green or Bryant. We are taking two RBs aren't we?

There has been considerable debate on that. I am in the camp that feels we take 1 RB.

I would love to get Wilkins and add Green or Bryant. We are taking two RBs aren't we?

There has been considerable debate on that. I am in the camp that feels we take 1 RB.

Agreed, I only see 1 as well. Why would we need to take 2 this class?

Agreed, I only see 1 as well. Why would we need to take 2 this class?

We don't. I guess a number of our family members likes hoarding RBs. lol

Well were going to take two last year until Benedict Yeldon flipped and we only signed one. I would think even if Wilkins commits, there is no way we'd turn down Green or Bryant if they wanted to come on board.

I agree that we only need 1, but I wouldn't be opposed to offering a scholarship to Kamara also to sweeten the pot for Foster and Mathews.

I agree.  Kamara also provides an exeptional receiver out of the backfield.  If you look at who we graduate over the next two years, defense has to be a priority.  And, with a stellar defensive class, the pieces are in place to contend nationally for the foreseeable futue.

Well were going to take two last year until Benedict Yeldon flipped and we only signed one. I would think even if Wilkins commits, there is no way we'd turn down Green or Bryant if they wanted to come on board.

We picked up Blakely after NSD. We pretty much signed 2 last year.

Good point on Blakely. I still don't think we would turn down Green or Bryant if they wanted to commit after Wilkins.

Good point on Blakely. I still don't think we would turn down Green or Bryant if they wanted to commit after Wilkins.

Probably not.  They are elite backs, but I doubt we will need to pursue them that hard if we get Wilkins, and numbers will be tight.  What I think is more likely is that we might hold off on Wilkins for a bit to see if we like the way things are headed with those two guys.  I don't think we would make Wilkins wait too long, because he is a stud too, with lots of options on the table, but I wouldn't be surprised if we were trying to feel out those situations with Brayant and Green a little more before taking a RB commitment.

And Corey Grant makes 3.

Archived