2013 4* RB Jordan Wilkins (Ole Miss signee)

RunInRed

I have gotten the feeling from the beginning that Dye was more a backup plan than anything else, which speaks to the level of running backs we are pursuing. I don't know that Wilkins has been asked to wait around for anyone else, but regardless I believe he is going to end up being ours. I've heard that we have been considering taking two backs, but I honestly don't think we will take a second back unless it is Alvin Kamara that we take, and the only reason I think we're really interested in him is Foster and Matthews.

No offense, but that's not really something I think a mod should be saying.  Whether true or not, if I was AK and read that, I don't think I'd be real happy about it. 

It's an opinion...and it's not even him so much as the needs of the team. As I've said in at least one other post, we have two sophomores and a freshman who fit the mold of a speed back, so the need for a back like him just really isn't there. I'm not saying he isn't a great runner, nor am I saying he couldn't do well here. The fact that we apparently haven't been recruiting him, or any other speed back, all that hard is evidence of what I'm saying.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I hear you.  But to me it's kinda like befriending an ugly girl, just so you can hook up with her hot friend.  When the ugly girl finds out what you're doing, she's going to bad you to her hot friend.

Yeah, I hear you.  But to me it's kinda like befriending an ugly girl, just so you can hook up with her hot friend.  When the ugly girl finds out what you're doing, she's going to bad you to her hot friend.

I understand what you're getting at, but come on man, this is recruiting. There's an offensive lineman who seems bent on piggybacking onto his teammate's ride to USC, and there are real package deals that do happen all the time. Mike Dyer and Dakota Mosely, for example.

I understand what you're getting at, but come on man, this is recruiting. There's an offensive lineman who seems bent on piggybacking onto his teammate's ride to USC, and there are real package deals that do happen all the time. Mike Dyer and Dakota Mosely, for example.

Red, this example doesn't help my feelings.

I believe that Wilkins will end up going to Vandy to play with his brother

Vandy isnt even in the discussion anymore.  Its auburn or michigan and vandy trailing.

^^^ Agreed ^^^

Incorrect. He said in a recent interview the order is Auburn, Vandy, Tennessee , and Michigan. I am not saying this is what is happening and do not take it as Gospel but it is possible our coaches are telling him to wait to see how things play out with other top RBs on our board.

You know as well as I that if it comes down to Vandy and AUB it will be a clear choice to AUB.....

Brian Kimbrow says hello...  :o

Does anyone know if he has set a decision date yet?

Does anyone know the answer to this question?

Does anyone know if he has set a decision date yet?

Does anyone know the answer to this question?

He has not. Someone will post it when he does.

Wow, I am no insider or anything, but I thought it was down to Auburn and Michigan on this kid.  Hope he gets in the Orange and Blue though, WDE!

Wow, I am no insider or anything, but I thought it was down to Auburn and Michigan on this kid.  Hope he gets in the Orange and Blue though, WDE!

Michigan moved out 2 weeks ago.

Vandy or Auburn.

Vandy is a phenomenal school and they had a relative resurgence last year, but really? I haven't followed Wilkins' recruitment much yet so I don't want to sound cocky, but I feel pretty decent being in a Top 2 with Vandy. Enlighten me...

Vandy or Auburn.

Vandy is a phenomenal school and they had a relative resurgence last year, but really? I haven't followed Wilkins' recruitment much yet so I don't want to sound cocky, but I feel pretty decent being in a Top 2 with Vandy. Enlighten me...

No inside info -- but I wouldn't rule out that "Vandy is a phenomenal school" factor. A really good back could go there and be the featured player on the offense, get a "phenomenal" degree, and still play in the SEC. I'm betting something like that is what he's hearing from Franklin. Also, he's from Tenn.

Vandy or Auburn.

No inside info -- but I wouldn't rule out that "Vandy is a phenomenal school" factor. A really good back could go there and be the featured player on the offense, get a "phenomenal" degree, and still play in the SEC. I'm betting something like that is what he's hearing from Franklin. Also, he's from Tenn.

I'm also hearing that his family is pressuring him to stay local.

Vandy alum here.  I wouldn't say Vandy had a "phenomenal resurgence" last year.  First, it's been coming, as Vandy has been more physically tough for several years.  And second, it looks like it's not just last year.  Vandy's recruiting is much improved.

I don't think the SEC is weak enough for Vandy to do what Stanford has accomplished in the PAC12.  But there's no reason Vandy can't get within sight of where State is right now.  And if you put it that way, and the kid's in short driving distance from Nashville, that Vandy-Auburn competition makes more sense.

Wilkins to commit in the next couple weeks per Bryan Matthews.

Start the recruiting train rolling and hopefully JW will pick the good guys!!!

Vandy alum here.  I wouldn't say Vandy had a "phenomenal resurgence" last year.  First, it's been coming, as Vandy has been more physically tough for several years.  And second, it looks like it's not just last year.  Vandy's recruiting is much improved.

I don't think the SEC is weak enough for Vandy to do what Stanford has accomplished in the PAC12.  But there's no reason Vandy can't get within sight of where State is right now.  And if you put it that way, and the kid's in short driving distance from Nashville, that Vandy-Auburn competition makes more sense.

DyeCamp, How in the world did you get into Vandy? :P

DyeCamp, How in the world did you get into Vandy? :P

It is down to us and Vandy. Rivals mod said that his father feels family will be a big factor. Take what you want out of that comment.

Does he mean their family as in JW should stay closer to home or family atmosphere at his chosen college (AU Family)? :dunno:

It is down to us and Vandy. Rivals mod said that his father feels family will be a big factor. Take what you want out of that comment.

Does he mean their family as in JW should stay closer to home or family atmosphere at his chosen college (AU Family)? :dunno:

According to some posters here, family wants JW to be closer to home. 

Archived