2013 4* RB Jordan Wilkins (Ole Miss signee)

RunInRed

Does anybody have any information on whether or not any of the Tennessee guys on the team have become friends with him and/or had an influence ?

Darrin Bates- Memphis

Trent Fischer- Nashville

Jovon Robinson- Memphis

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is down to us and Vandy. Rivals mod said that his father feels family will be a big factor. Take what you want out of that comment.

Does he mean their family as in JW should stay closer to home or family atmosphere at his chosen college (AU Family)? :dunno:

Jordan's brother WR Trey Wilkins is currently enrolled at Vandy and has walked on to the football team. He transferred there from Harding University in Searcy, Ark., a Div. II school where he played one season. Jordan played his first two years of HS with his brother (Trey wore #1 and Jordan wore #2), and they were/are VERY close.

I can say with absolute CERTAINTY that AU is Jordan's "favorite", but it has to be a VERY difficult decision to decide whether to stay at home near your family and play with your brother or not. Wilkins is one of the MOST humble, intelligent, and mature recruits that I've followed in awhile. I can honestly say that I will be a HUGE fan of his no matter where he decides to go. That being said, I obviously hope that it is AU!

:we:

*Side-note... I was just thinking that if Wilkins were to choose Vandy, they would instantly have one of the top backfields in the SEC with the combo of him and Brian Kimbrow, who, if you'll recall, was perhaps the #1 all-purpose back in the country last year! (Of course, we can already say we've got one of the best, and Wilkins would only could make it THE best!) ;)

Would we take Wilkins right now? I'd imagine we will only take 1 RB in this class, and with Greene and Bryant showing interest, I figured we may just be waiting, cuz I don't think we HAVE to have RB in this class, we would just take a good one if need be.

Would we take Wilkins right now? I'd imagine we will only take 1 RB in this class, and with Greene and Bryant showing interest, I figured we may just be waiting, cuz I don't think we HAVE to have RB in this class, we would just take a good one if need be.

Yes, we would take his commitment right now. 

Vandy alum here.  I wouldn't say Vandy had a "phenomenal resurgence" last year.  First, it's been coming, as Vandy has been more physically tough for several years.  And second, it looks like it's not just last year.  Vandy's recruiting is much improved.

I don't think the SEC is weak enough for Vandy to do what Stanford has accomplished in the PAC12.  But there's no reason Vandy can't get within sight of where State is right now.  And if you put it that way, and the kid's in short driving distance from Nashville, that Vandy-Auburn competition makes more sense.

DyeCamp, How in the world did you get into Vandy? :P

Very funny!

PhD in Religion.  In my field we had 34 applicants for 3 spots.  ;)

Vandy alum here.  I wouldn't say Vandy had a "phenomenal resurgence" last year.  First, it's been coming, as Vandy has been more physically tough for several years.  And second, it looks like it's not just last year.  Vandy's recruiting is much improved.

I don't think the SEC is weak enough for Vandy to do what Stanford has accomplished in the PAC12.  But there's no reason Vandy can't get within sight of where State is right now.  And if you put it that way, and the kid's in short driving distance from Nashville, that Vandy-Auburn competition makes more sense.

Just FWIW, I said Vandy was a phenomenal school and that they had a relative resurgence last year.

Just FWIW, I said Vandy was a phenomenal school and that they had a relative resurgence last year.

Ohhh.  Apparently I didn't learn to read so good when I went to school there.

That's ok -- apparently they've had a phenomenal resurgence in terms of academics since you were there, too.

:tease:

That's ok -- apparently they've had a phenomenal resurgence in terms of academics since you were there, too.

:tease:

:tease: Funny, but seriously, that's an amazing school to have a degree from so well done DyeCamp

Wilkins has backed off from his earlier stance as having Auburn as his leader.  He now states that Vandy, Auburn, and Tennessee are on top of his list with no leader.  He will be visiting the Vols before a decision. 

My brother went to grad school there back in the mid 90s, so I got to go up there a couple of times. Being that we are both Steelers fans, a year or two after the Houston Oilers moved to Tennessee, when they were the Tennessee Oilers and playing in Memphis, he got tickets and came to pick me up (I was like 13 or 14) on Saturday. Thus, that night, I got to go to my first college party, which he and his roommate were staging. Now, I don't know about the rest of that campus, but if that party is any indicator, they aren't too far behind Auburn with regard to the appearance of the coeds. Good Lord, they were smoking hot! (For my brother's sake, I'm glad my sister-in-law doesn't read this message board...lol) And the best part about it is that they doted on me all night long, the cute little brother at his first real party. :laugh::cool:

Seriously though, if I move out of Auburn, and I actually decide to stay in the south (which is unlikely if I ever decide to move; I hate humidity), Nashville is where I'm going. There is so much cool stuff to do in that town! The service at restaurants seems a fair amount better (my bro explained it as everyone there is trying to make it in music, so they are generally both educated and more willing to help, being that you never know who might sit at your table), and I don't think you'll ever hear better live music consistently than at the Bluebird Cafe. I had a headache the night we went (not the same weekend I alluded to earlier), so I didn't enjoy myself as much as I wish I could have, but that place rocks!

So that's another pretty big plus for Vandy: I don't think there's another school in the SEC with a nightlife that lives up to Nashville. Baton Rouge is close enough to New Orleans that I guess it might count, but that's it.

Jonesy on Wilkins...

We've put the breaks on Wilkins until we get some other targets on campus. If we strike out, I'm guessing a late August commitment by Wilkins...(Answering who is higher on the coaches' board) D. Green, Bryant. Then we'll see. We wont be settling for Wilkins. He's too talented for that to be the case.

If true, I have thought this for a month also.

My brother went to grad school there back in the mid 90s, so I got to go up there a couple of times. Being that we are both Steelers fans, a year or two after the Houston Oilers moved to Tennessee, when they were the Tennessee Oilers and playing in Memphis, he got tickets and came to pick me up (I was like 13 or 14) on Saturday. Thus, that night, I got to go to my first college party, which he and his roommate were staging. Now, I don't know about the rest of that campus, but if that party is any indicator, they aren't too far behind Auburn with regard to the appearance of the coeds. Good Lord, they were smoking hot! (For my brother's sake, I'm glad my sister-in-law doesn't read this message board...lol) And the best part about it is that they doted on me all night long, the cute little brother at his first real party. :laugh::cool:

Seriously though, if I move out of Auburn, and I actually decide to stay in the south (which is unlikely if I ever decide to move; I hate humidity), Nashville is where I'm going. There is so much cool stuff to do in that town! The service at restaurants seems a fair amount better (my bro explained it as everyone there is trying to make it in music, so they are generally both educated and more willing to help, being that you never know who might sit at your table), and I don't think you'll ever hear better live music consistently than at the Bluebird Cafe. I had a headache the night we went (not the same weekend I alluded to earlier), so I didn't enjoy myself as much as I wish I could have, but that place rocks!

So that's another pretty big plus for Vandy: I don't think there's another school in the SEC with a nightlife that lives up to Nashville. Baton Rouge is close enough to New Orleans that I guess it might count, but that's it.

Everything you said is spot on.  I lived there for six years.  Gosh I miss that place and I'll def jump if I ever get the chance to move back!

Jonesy on Wilkins...

We've put the breaks on Wilkins until we get some other targets on campus. If we strike out, I'm guessing a late August commitment by Wilkins...(Answering who is higher on the coaches' board) D. Green, Bryant. Then we'll see. We wont be settling for Wilkins. He's too talented for that to be the case.

I respectfully disagree. Looks like He is announcing real soon and it appears to be Auburn.

Jonesy on Wilkins...

I respectfully disagree. Looks like He is announcing real soon and it appears to be Auburn.

It could just as easily be Vandy with his family wanting him there.

Jonesy on Wilkins...

It's not.

Jonesy on Wilkins...

It's not.

Cookedw with the confidence --  I like it.

:thumbsup:

Jonesy on Wilkins...

It's not.

All I am stating is what I was told earlier today.

And FWIW, Wilkins is my #2 RB behind Green, but too good to pass up. JMO

Jonesy on Wilkins...

It's not.

All I am stating is what I was told earlier today.

And FWIW, Wilkins is my #2 RB behind Green, but too good to pass up. JMO

The more I watch the film, the more I favor Wilkins.

Yeah, what I posted was my best guess. The coaches are getting top RBs on campus. I think if we take Wilkins before green, dye, etc., visit then we are looking at taking two. We'll see. Vandy is very much in the race

Archived