ESPN national game

AUinVA

With the game this saturday being televised on ESPN do we need to finally put the hammer down and just run the score up on Ole Miss if we have the opportunity? It seems like we will never get any credit unless these idiotic writers see us just dominate on offense and defense. It is almost getting comical how AU gets no respect. Can sport writers be this stupid

I've seen several of them give us tons of credit and say we are the #1 team in the country... but when it comes time to vote, no one is backing up their TV talk. I thought for sure after the Arkansas game and Miami's near loss that we'd get a bunch of #1 votes in the poll. Nope, we got 2. Meanwhile, the same media that praises us acknowledges that USC has some chinks in the armor, but they get 50.

Sometimes I wish we played in the PAC 10. We wouldnt just have Leinhart and the "unstoppable" Bush, we'd have Cadillac, Brown, Obamanu, Mix, Taylor, Campbell, and a DEFENSE. Imagine the stats this team could put up out there if the 1st team stayed in past the 1st quarter. Records would be shattered!

I think Tubs will run the score up not only because it is a national TV audience...but also because it's Ole Miss...

From the game last year and that being his old coaching grounds....

I say 52-3!!

well we need to. Jason needs to put up Heisman numbers and we need to dominate in every aspect of the game. I am sick with the AU will be left out talk. Miami is not good. Beat one team first game of the year and has barely got by the rest. USC and OU have played no one, yet we dominate week in and out, beat two top ten team (one on the road) and we still get no attention. Reporters should be required to attend or at least watch all top five teams play!! :au:

If Auburn gets out to a significant lead by the half, I'd be shocked if Tuberville goes conservative on offense. This is just too big of a game, primetime and all. If Tuberville wants more love in the coaches poll, he better hammer Ole Piss.

Tom, I agree. It is fish or cut bait time. Stoops had Jason White in the game last week against Kansas with 35 seconds to go in the game, passing for a TD. Stoops admitted that he was trying to impress the voters. This game will get ugly for UM.

I hope we score 100 points. I hope Carnell and Ronnie are on the field on AUs last offensive play of the game. (I know this contradicts some other statements I've made. I started the thread on running up score vs playing reserves for experience)

First, it's Ole Miss.

Secondly, Obomanu needs to score at least 3 TDs to put some salve on the wound from last year.

3rd-CTT needs to show Ole Miss why he left, that being for a BETTER School, a BETTER football program, BETTER players, BETTER facilities, just BETTER all the way around.

And 4th, we need the blowout. Evidently the blowout of ULM, MSU, LaTech, UT, Kentucky and Ark did not impress anyone.

I'm tired of the voters glossing over AU's season. They say we're good, but their votes don't show that.

This is a tough call. AU has experienced some injuries this year, but none that are critical. It would be a shame to see anyone in the backfield injured a couple of weeks before we play Georgia. If AU loses to UGA, the win over Ole Miss means nothing in the race for the Orange Bowl.

On the other hand, CTT has to begin lobbying for 1st place votes soon. He needs a couple of big wins to set the stage. A one point win over UGA is a big win, but he'll need 30-35 points over Ole Miss.

The other factor here is that the first string players have earned the right to play. While I admire CTT's decisions all year to play the 2nd and 3rd string players, I also believe it would be fair to let the 1st string guys play as much as possible for the last 5 games. They've paid their dues and should be allowed to get all the game time they want. For those going pro, their stats this year will have a significant amount of influence on the contracts they are offered.

Bottom line - I believe CTT knows what he's doing. He votes in the coaches poll, and he has not yet voted AU number 1. I think we'll see that change with a win over UGA.

War Eagle

To hell with the asinine views of the voters. Win the games one at a time and let the chips fall where they may.

If someone suffers a stupid injury that jeopardizes the rest of the season, just because we're trying to impress some desk jockey in Walla Walla Washington I don't think that's fair to the team.

I'm with jaydubb on this one. I love our chances of going undefeated, but like many have said, if we don't beat UGA, Bama and then (probably Tenn) in the SECC game, blowouts would mean nothing. I say let the chips fall where they may.

If the game is wrapped up with 10 minutes to go, lets get Carnell and Ronnie off the field. Can you imagine the uproar from the same fans that want to run it up if we lose either one of them for the rest of the year because they were playing when we were up by 30? I say keep them healthy and stick with our normal gameplan.

Part of me actually hopes 3 or 4 teams go undefeated because it would mean:

a.) we won an SEC championship and had a perfect season (i'll take that anyday regardless of if we win a 'national championship' or not.

b.) it would show once and for all how awful the BCS is

It's on National TV and it's a late game so there won't be many other games on. I think the media will watch this game and see how we've been dominating and just like always, when we get a comfortable lead, we'll take the starters out. no point in risking injury. if we beat UGA, we will be fine and the voters will acknowledge this.

A few points.

1) It is :om: , beat them like you mean it to hurt!

2) This may mean a time to shine for the Nation.

3) We will be off the TV next week. We could actually sit at home and lose points because we are not being seen.

I say it is CTT's call, but if he and the team decide to bury :om: I will support them 100%.

I think Tubs will run the score up not only because it is a national TV audience...but also because it's Ole Miss...

From the game last year and that being his old coaching grounds....

I say 52-3!!

116133[/snapback]

That is the same score I have been thinking of for the past week. I hope we are correct!

WAR EAGLE!

Beat Ole Miss, score early, often and late!

WAR EAGLE!

:au::au::au::au::au:

I think we can run the score up but i saw something that worried me today. saturday night there are supposed to be isolated thunderstorms in oxford. i just hope one doesnt decide to isolate itself over vaught hemingway. i know we will probably beat them in the rain, snow, hail, tornado, earthquake, etc. etc. etc., but i dont know how easy it will be to run up the score if the ball is wet and the field is wet. i think this would take away from our speed and speed is what makes our defense and offense for that matter

Because it IS a nationally televised game, there is less need to run up the score just to show off a lot of points. Since voters can actually be watching, just come out, look and play totally dominant football until the game is well in hand, and avoid injuries after that. The voters who will be watching will have enough sense to see that our starters kick almighty butt, and will also recognize when the subs are in.

There is no need to gamble on losing someone like Jason, Carnell, Ronnie, or others to a major injury two weeks before Georgia just to run up points in front of an audience that's seeing the whole game anyway.

Huge point spreads are what people who DON'T see the actual game are impressed by...

Because it IS a nationally televised game, there is less need to run up the score just to show off a lot of points.  Since voters can actually be watching, just come out, look and play totally dominant football until the game is well in hand, and avoid injuries after that.  The voters who will be watching will have enough sense to see that our starters kick almighty butt, and will also recognize when the subs are in.

There is no need to gamble on losing someone like Jason, Carnell, Ronnie, or others to a major injury two weeks before Georgia just to run up points in front of an audience that's seeing the whole game anyway.

Huge point spreads are what people who DON'T see the actual game are impressed by...

116271[/snapback]

do you know how many games we have already had televised?

RUN IT UP

bammanmr can attest to this.

Living in Memphis, there is NOTHING I'd like better in this world right now than to SHUT OLE PISS UP!!! I've had to listen to them spew crap from their pieholes for WAAAAY too long. Especially after last year.....

And by the way, I scored Corporate Box seats through FedEx, which, loosely translated, means that I'll be the ONLY one in that box that gets to GLOAT in these FedEx bigwig's faces after we do our part to rid Northern Mississippi of David Cutcliffe. I'll make you guys proud, I promise!!!

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because it IS a nationally televised game, there is less need to run up the score just to show off a lot of points.  Since voters can actually be watching, just come out, look and play totally dominant football until the game is well in hand, and avoid injuries after that.  The voters who will be watching will have enough sense to see that our starters kick almighty butt, and will also recognize when the subs are in.

116271[/snapback]

do you know how many games we have already had televised?

RUN IT UP

116276[/snapback]

yea...but this one is a night game and there aren't many other games on. most people will be watching this one because there isn't much competition among the other games on TV.

I'm with jaydubb121 on this one! Yes, a blowout would be nice BUT if you have to jeapordise your top players welfare in doing do, I say to Hell with it. We still have to win this one, the next one and the last one. Everyone will be "shooting for us" each week now and we need to stay FOCUSED, show only what we have to, and stay injury free for the rest of the way. War Damn Eagle!

Archived