2010 3* WR Jeremy Richardson signs with AU!

RunInRed

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right now he's a signee. Maybe after school starts and he's not enrolled he'll commit to us again.

• 1 month later...

I don't understand the process in order for us to re-sign him this year. f someone could elaborate on how and when he could possibly re-sign I would appreciate it very much. Also is he actually on the juco team or just working on grades. Again any and all info is appreciated.  :we:

I posted this in the Morrow thread also:

Richardson did things a little different than most. He dropped out of HS, got a GED and went straight to JUCO last winter. They've got it figured out somehow that if (big if) he passes all the classes he needs to pass he'll be able to sign again this February. We'll see, but our coaches are on board with this plan so it must be possible.

thats still confusing, just as confusing as d.benton last year.

What was confusing about benton?

Whats confusing about it? He goes to Juco Winter '10, Summer '10, Fall '10, and Winter '11....thats 4 semesters/2 years in Juco. He can sign in February and report next Summer.....

Still confused?

Whats confusing about it? He goes to Juco Winter '10, Summer '10, Fall '10, and Winter '11....thats 4 semesters/2 years in Juco. He can sign in February and report next Summer.....

Still confused?

Its just a question man. Were glad you have the answer, some of us just were not sure. Anyways if he signs in Feb.

he should have three years to play right? "Still confused?" maybe a little, this is not your convintional juco trip he dropped out of high school so I am little more concerned for the time he needs to get his grades in order thats all.

Hope he can do it we need JR.

Still confused?

If he signed a LOI this past Feb then he wasn't in JUCO Winter of 2010.

Still confused?

^^^^This^^^^

While we are on the subject of JR. I hope we get him for reasons other than football. I just want to see him cross the educational finish line...at Auburn.

From a football stand point, if  we land Joe Morrow and Nick Brassell we will be set for this class on WR's. Those two guys are going to dominate most corners.

Still confused?

As has been discussed, he dropped out of high school and got his GED prior to going to JUCO for spring semester.  Replace all instances of "winter" with "spring".  There's no such thing as a winter semester.  Fall, Spring, Summer.

benton was not qualified out of hs, then went to juco or prep school and was not qualified, then did nothing for a year and got into auburn and has 4 yrs to play? if i have something wrong please enlighten me. but he was a ? last summer about his eligibility and i dont think he was in any school.

as for jr he quit hs goes to juco for 2 or 3 semesters and gets in? yes that is confusing since most kids who graduate hs with slightly under par grades  have to also graduate juco to be qualified for d1football. im not saying we are cheating but there is some creativity in this.

While we are on the subject of JR. I hope we get him for reasons other than football. I just want to see him cross the educational finish line...at Auburn.

From a football stand point, if  we land Joe Morrow and Nick Brassell we will be set for this class on WR's. Those two guys are going to dominate most corners.

Morrow has a different favorite every day. Other recruits may or may not sign with Auburn. I'm sold on Richardson and he's sold on Auburn so I hope it works for him.

If Richardson has no academic difficulties he should arrive at Auburn ready to practice in August of next year with three years of eligibility remaining.

AS far as creativity, yes there is. However, if all goes as planned he'll be a JUCO graduate and eligible by NCAA rule.

The only creativity was dropping out of HS, getting a GED and getting a head start on attending JUCO classes.

benton was not qualified out of hs, then went to juco or prep school and was not qualified, then did nothing for a year and got into auburn and has 4 yrs to play? if i have something wrong please enlighten me. but he was a ? last summer about his eligibility and i dont think he was in any school.

as for jr he quit hs goes to juco for 2 or 3 semesters and gets in? yes that is confusing since most kids who graduate hs with slightly under par grades  have to also graduate juco to be qualified for d1football. im not saying we are cheating but there is some creativity in this.

lets worry more about that when he starts to produce

lets worry more about that when he starts to produce

In all fairness to JR I would not throw him to the side until he produces. The kid has be through a lot and hes been true to Auburn thus far. That being said I think its a worthy cause to keep with him and his well being, producing or not.

Jeremy is an Auburn Tiger, and in my opinion, will become a productive one.  If he were a high school senior right now , I think he would be #1 on our WR list.  This is just one year removed.

Still confused?

As has been discussed, he dropped out of high school and got his GED prior to going to JUCO for spring semester.  Replace all instances of "winter" with "spring".  There's no such thing as a winter semester.  Fall, Spring, Summer.

Spring, Winter. Call it what you want. If he signed a LOI, then he hadn't dropped out of school or enrolled in JUCO. Summer would have been the earliest he could have began.

Still confused?

Spring, Winter. Call it what you want. If he signed a LOI, then he hadn't dropped out of school or enrolled in JUCO. Summer would have been the earliest he could have began.

Fair point.  But it is possible to load up the academic load (especially in summer because of the nature of having 2 separate more condensed semesters) such that you can finish the same number of credit hours in fewer semesters.  What remains to be seen is if he can pass all the credit hours necessary to resign so early.  It may or may not happen.

Signing a letter of intent has nothing at all to do with how he goes about going to school. All the LOI does is keep him from signing a football scholarship with another NCAA school.

Fact: He did drop out of HS, get a GED and enroll in JUCO. He's been there since the start of the Spring term.

Spring this year, 2 short summer terms, fall this year, spring next year, two short summer terms next year(if needed), graduate and get to Auburn in time for pre season practice in 2011.

That's his schedule and it's doable if he can handle college classwork.

I hope for his and Au's sake that he makes it. Seems to be a dang good player. I have no info whatsoever(on schooling), but do have something to add. Could it be possible that he had all high school credits up until he had the rough spot in his life? Decided to drop out due to the impossibility of graduating and make up just the missed credits in JUCO?

With most of the grade casualties, the problem is the schooling foundation and therefore they always had bad grades. If a person had a rough spot in their life, it is not a far off thought that only the grades during that time would have suffered.

that makes sense zx, this is the 1st time ive heard of this, i obviously dont know how it works.

tigerbass2, your theory sounds right to me, but i think he is planning on resigning in dec. and enrolling before this coming spring. that only gives him 3 semesters to graduate juco. this is why it seems creative to me.

• 4 weeks later...

In light of some members stating they already view Richardson as a member of the AU family, I felt he deserved a thread to let him know we are behind him 100% as he seeks to qualify. He you want to leave him some encouragement, feel to do so and if you don't  mind, bump this thread up every now and then. If he does visit this site, I want this thread to be one of the first ones he sees, so he'll know we haven't forgot about him.

Archived