Thank you again Mr. Phillip Marshall

The SandMntTiger

Let's say what the real story is - it doesn't matter who you are, first or last on the depth chart, - Chizik will not tolerate disruptive forces or any violation of team rules. Period.

It's a great message for young men who in just a few years may have the opportunity to do this thing as a professional.

It's great to have this level of responsibility mandated by staff and then enforced.

I'll bet posters here know other institutions that lip service the team rule bit and then selectively enforce issues based on the 'value' of the offending player . . .

Coach has tolerated quite a bit over the past year - IMO his patience is running thin..... i.e. putting the players on 11:00 curfew is like a dad that's had enough of the bs.

I've always like Marshall in that he is perhaps the only Auburn beat writer (before he took the job at Auburn Undercover) who honestly seemed to have positive feelings about Auburn. He has always been a stand up writer, and this is just further evidence of such.

I know this is not a popular opinion but I like Phillip Marshall less and less after every article he posts

seriously? I can't wait to hear the ridiculous explanation for this statement. Phillip Marshall is as professional as they come.

Posted Yesterday, 10:27 AM

Maybe it is now time for us to focus on the other 80 or so players that did not get in trouble last night. (I vented as well) but with one week to go I am still excited and optimistic about this season..........War Eagle!

Thanks Phiilip.......my sentiments exactly!!!

The reality is that the concern right now over the Dismukes situation has nothing to do with Dismukes. It has to do with 4 Auburn players committing armed robbery last year and a number of football players being at a party at which an individual committed mass murder. The concern is with the trend and number and seriousness of incidents. Why is Phillip Marshall just now reporting on some of the good things Auburn men on the Football team are doing. He should have been doing that all along. I'd love to read some stories on charitable work done by our football players.

Dismukes was stupid. We have all been there. NONE of us however, I would imagine have committed armed robbery. Look at it this way. If graduate students in physics had committed armed robbery and a year later some other Physics graduate students had been the targets of murder, I would imagine President Gogue would be calling the physics department wanting to know what was going on, and want to know why we let these people into Auburn. I'm not going to apologize to Phillip Marshall or anyone else for wishing that no Auburn students, faculty or alumni embarrass me or devalue my diploma. And if there is something that can be done to minimize these actions, I would hope it is done.

^^^^ can we get a golf clap for the first paragraph!!!

Doing the right thing and volunteering and sharing with others is what everyone is SUPPOSED to do. Disagree with this Polyanna viewpoint completely. Clean up the program; it's humilating right now. Sorry PM missed this one.

Doing the right thing and volunteering and sharing with others is what everyone is SUPPOSED to do. Disagree with this Polyanna viewpoint completely. Clean up the program; it's humilating right now. Sorry PM missed this one.

Doing the right thing, sure. Volunteering and sharing with others, however, is both optional and commendable. I'm sorry you feel humiliated, but I'm still just as proud to be an Auburn Tiger as I ever have been. That Chizik suspended a returning All-American starter on an offensive line already short on experience for an opening game as crucial as this one, particularly being that it was a first offense, and a minor infraction at that, speaks to how much Chizik is upset with the disciplinary issues, and he's making a statement. I wouldn't be surprised if Reese stays in the doghouse through at least the Mississippi State game, and I suspect he's got a long way to go to get out of it, regardless.

This story's logic is the Bobby Bowden logic used by the media to defend him for 3 decades. He's a good man that oversees many, many more good things than bad, blah, blah. BB can't be held responsible for all alumni, all players, etc. I'm glad CGC is enough of a media darling to get such treatment (we haven't had a media darling coach since Shug) but the buck stops at CGC's desk. Problem programs (AU is not fairly described as one...yet) keep the riff raff others won't recruit but they cultivate, somewhat under control by doing simple things like installing earlier curfews and having grad assistants (gleefully) shadow, er, accompany players to partys. We have never IMHO gone after recruits we know are sociopaths but sometimes this violent sport lands a risk like Dyer in your lap (he was no different in high school). Don't PO the players by picking out problem ones to shadow, GAs will charge nothing and are delighted to hang w/ these guys.

Point being, AU alum, fans, etc may get "hysterical" when our college reps ON FULL SCHOLARSHIP behave badly...even once...but who here wants us to have crapstone, Athens or Coral Gables standards? Thanks Phillip but I'll keep our otherwise fine head coach accountable.

Archived