69-3

AUloggerhead

Boise State makes a Statement

Goodness ... 38 3rd quarter points! I hope CTT & staff were taking notes. We need one of these games this year and this weekend is so perfect for it -- win the SEC West outright, bury an uppity rival, make a statement to a national TV audience. All the players are healthy & rested. For crying out loud, they can at least break a sweat in this one by running up & down the field say 10 times or so. If not now, ... WHEN?? Heck, AU even has two weeks to get ready for the next game. :au: WDE

this blowout was unecessary. this will not help boise state move up in the polls, because it was hawaii. once you are up by 40, there is no need to embaress a team like they did. that was pretty classless to me.

this blowout was unecessary. this will not help boise state move up in the polls, because it was hawaii. once you are up by 40, there is no need to embaress a team like they did. that was pretty classless to me.

116369[/snapback]

Did you see the game? Look at the drive chart for the 3rd Q:

Except for the opening drive of the 2nd half (which went 71 yards in 10 plays for a FG,) all the other "drives" were either short field rushing TDs or 1 play scores:

4 plays, 37 yds, 00:13 time of possession

3 plays, 49 yds, 00:25 top

5 plays, 39 yds, 02:00 top

1 play, 85 yds, 00:00 top

1 play, 25 yds, 00:00 top

5 TDs in 2:38 of combined top. That sounds like a Spurrier offense until you realize they all came on the ground. The 85-yd play was by the QB. The only score in the 4th Q came on an INT returned for 56 yds. The point is, Boise St didn't go into dullsville mode at the start of the 2nd half even though they had a comfortable lead. They worked on executing their offense, which is what a team is supposed to do in a game. What did you expect them to do in the 3rd Q? Not try to score? :no: It's the other way around: Hawaii embarrassed themselves by laying down & playing possum.

No offense but our average scoring margin is 26 points and Boise State's is 25. We're 8-0, #3 in the country, while playing in one of the toughest conferences in the Country. Perhaps it should be Boise State taking notes on our staff and team.

WDE

Not all blowouts are created equal...I watched the 77-0 thumping OU laid on Texas A&M last year and the Sooners truly did take it easy on the Aggies toward the end of the third quarter and all of the fourth. Among many things, that is what will make this year's tilt in College Station all the more interesting.

Chang needs 23 yards, I think...oh, and nice Junior Samples reference in your sig, CT.

I agree with Loggerhead. If we are going to impress the nation and voters, we need to play to score for four quarters. We need to dominate this game so there will be no question if we are for real.

No offense but our average scoring margin is 26 points and Boise State's is 25. We're 8-0, #3 in the country, while playing in one of the toughest conferences in the Country. Perhaps it should be Boise State taking notes on our staff and team.

WDE

116379[/snapback]

None taken, Stat. I merely wanted to point out how impressive it was for Boise St to score 38 points in a single quarter. I don't care who the opponent is, if you can score 5 Tds & a FG in a 15 minute time period ... you have to admit it's something you don't see every day. Even though they play in the WAC, Boise St is still 7-0 & counting this season. Dan Hawkins has a 40-6 record since he arrived there in 2001. Hawkins name is prominently mentioned as a possible successor at big-time schools looking for a new HC (e.g. the University of Washington out here will be looking for a new coach after this season.) Heck, CTT was even considering Hawkin's OC, Chris Peterson, before he interviewed Borges. Perhaps most observors dismiss them because they play in the WAC or because the opponent was 'just Hawaii,' I don't know. I do know that the combined computer rankings had them in the top ten (@ #9) while the human polls had them at #15 & #18.

I'll reiterate my point in the 1st post of this thread: if you need to have a blowout win, following Boise St's lead in their Hawaii win is the way to do it. The only score in the 4th Q was a defensive score.

One more thing, the BCS currently ranks AU at #4. I hate it as much as anyone else and will celebrate the day we finally dump the BCS in favor of a playoff. But this is what we have now and the reality is CTT needs to work the system to our advantage if we want to see AU in the title game. The computer rankings have AU @ #3, AP #3, Coaches Poll #4. The only way we move up without a team ahead of us losing is by impressing the human voters enough to make them doubt their current #1 & #2 votes. How does that happen unless we blow a team completely out of the water? Bob Stoops not only knows this but openly states it. CTT needs to forget lobbying to the press and concentrate on lobbying on the field. We have 3 regular season games left plus the SECCG. Realistically, only the Ole Miss game can be considered for the "Boise State Treatment." Is one blowout game a season too much to ask for? As I said earlier: if not now, ... WHEN? :au: WDE

CORRECTION: Boise St is 8-0 & counting. Hawkins' record is 41-6 since 2001.

To tell everyone the Truth.......Nobody wants a piece of Boise....at Boise. Think about it.....Blue Turf, Blue Uniforms, Blue Fans. Boise State is use to it, but an incoming team aint. That's just enough Blue to make anybody :puke: . Boise looks Very, Very sound right now. By the way.....Coach Hawk isn't going anywhere, until Boise State becomes a Powerhouse, even then, he might not leave. Hawk wants to Finish what he started. They only have One Practice Field and that's the Game (Blue Turf) Field. Also, if player(s) need to go to Summer School to get their GPA up Coach Hawk and the other Coaches hold a Cookie sell or a Car Wash, to get the Money. That's the Perfect setup to Build from the ground up. Anyway, WAR "BY GOD" EAGLE

32 of Boise State's 41 victories have come against teams with a non-winning record or Division II programs. Folk's, that's 78% of their wins. :no:

They lost to South Carolina, 32-13, Washington State, 41-20 and Arkansas 41-14. Their biggest wins have come against other WAC teams.

Auburn under Tuberville is 28-0 against teams with non-winning records or Division II programs, with an average score of 37-12.

Boise State is exciting to watch but I'll take a 34-10 win against UT in Knoxville over a 69-3 victory against Hawaii.

did timmy get the NCAA passing record?

i saw where he surpassed the record for most INTs.

ct

116391[/snapback]

WHAAAAAAT?!?!?!?! You mean he passed that QB from FSU?!?!?!?! :blink::blink::blink:

BSU still had their starting quarterback in late and he scored the TD that put them up 52-3. There's no call for that. Put in the backups when it's that bad of a blowout. BSU ran up the score. No class.

Archived