Thinking of Jim

WarTim

Upon hearing of Jim Fyffe's induction into the HoF, I could not help but think of how he would have called the season thus far. I know I am simply waxing nostalgic, as we OLDER guys tend to do, but, Can you imagine the level of excitement Jim would have brought to the climactic ending of the Victory over the corndogs? How much delight would have been in that Golden Voice when we laid to rest our old hawg nemisis?

And what about the final chapters of this Season that are yet to be written?

There would not have been enough duct tape in Lee County to keep Jim fastened to his chair in the broadcast booth.

Please forgive my ramblin' thoughts...... I simply miss OUR Friend. I will miss Him for the rest of my AUBURN Football life.

Somehow, someway, I wish the players and coaches could do something , on a level that only they can provide, to honor Him in THIS special season. Then again, maybe they are. Maybe, just maybe, Jim is enjoying this season as much as we are. Maybe , just maybe, They honor him with every play and every game. Maybe they feel the same as we do. After all, THE VOICE would wish for nothing more than they have already provided. Well, maybe, just maybe, a few more wins. :)

It is now just before 1:00a.m. We old guys tend to "wrestle with them angels" just a bit this late in the season with so much on the line and with the knowledge that the TIGERS are on the road and the best I can offer the team this week are my loud cheers from the confines of my den. (I can promise you that my uat neighbor will know when we get a "TOUCHDOWN AUBURNNNNNNNN" ! ! !) :D

This GAME is big because it is the next game. ONE at a time...........

Please know that I think RB is doing a very good job in the booth after taking his dream job on in the most difficult and painful situation imagineable. He was Jim's personal friend. RB will grow in our hearts and minds as we reflect on his calls in the future of what appears to be even better days ahead.

Again, Thanks for taking the time to read the words of a long time AUBURN TIGER who just wanted to put a few thoughts down in an attempt to fill the seemingly endless void until KICKOFF! (And, I can promise you, so long as there is a WarTim on this board, Jim will be mentioned each and every Football Season!)

Mr. Fyffe, If I may, ...."My time is up. I THANK YOU for yours." :au:

God Bless........EVER to CONQUER.......Let's kick some rebel butt ! ! ! !

Very nice post Tim. I remember growing up with a bunch of Aubies(family) that REFUSED to listen to the TV while watching the game. It drove me crazy. When I watched Campbell throw that TD pass against LSU, the first thing I thought of was Fyffe yelling "TOUCHDOOOOOOOWN AUBUUUUUUURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" War Eagle to ya Mr. Fyffe. :au:

Very nice post Tim.  I remember growing up with a bunch of Aubies(family) that REFUSED to listen to the TV while watching the game.  It drove me crazy.  When I watched Campbell throw that TD pass against LSU, the first thing I thought of was Fyffe yelling "TOUCHDOOOOOOOWN AUBUUUUUUURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  War Eagle to ya Mr. Fyffe. :au:

116363[/snapback]

Thanks tidefan24. Just when I think all of "you guys" are bad eggs :P , You go and remind me that there is good and bad on both sides.

Thanks again. :D:au:

p.s. Gotta' go get some sleep. My lovelly bride is starting to wake up and I do not want to get the severe beating that I wish upon the rebels ! :lol:

Please excuse the "bump", BUT, Rod B. did a GREAT job calling the game tonite.

I still had to wonder and dream, with a huge smile on my face, How Jim woulda' ENJOYED each and every "TOUCHDOWN AUBURNNNNNN" tonite.

Somewhere in Heaven there is a VERY Happy Tiger ! ! ! ! :au:

Well said WarTim. I would have to say the Heaven may be painted Orange and Blue tonight. Jim has the best seat in the house. I was listening to RB tonight and he said the thing he loves the most is when fans tell him Jim would be proud of him. I would have to agree. God Bless you JF!

Archived